Tactical bonus does not work with class special attacks anymore?

The Blonde

Catalogues Bugs
Edit: The same isn't true for Jaws of Winter. Even though the tooltip says Stun vs. Fortitude DC: 10 + Druid level + Highest of Wisdom, Dexterity, or Strength + Stun bonuses, equipping/unequipping the ring with Insightful Combat Mastery doesn't cause the DC in the tooltip to update. It's the same when I equip/unequip an item with my main stat on it. Maybe it's a display bug, /shrug.
Welp. That's not good.

misterski

Welp. That's not good.
Just thought of another test case and logged back in. Yeah, Jaws of Winter is still busted. It not only isn't taking combat mastery bonuses into account, it still only uses wisdom in its DC calculation despite what the tooltip says. Str is my druid's highest stat but the DC of Jaws off Winter only dropped when I unequipped a wis item.

Takedown = fixed
Jaws of Winter = not working correctly

The Blonde

Catalogues Bugs
Just thought of another test case and logged back in. Yeah, Jaws of Winter is still busted. It not only isn't taking combat mastery bonuses into account, it still only uses wisdom in its DC calculation despite what the tooltip says. Str is my druid's highest stat but the DC of Jaws off Winter only dropped when I unequipped a wis item.

Takedown = fixed
Jaws of Winter = not working correctly
Just to be clear, we're still only talking about the tooltips being wrong, right? Not the actual DC used.

The Blonde

Catalogues Bugs
So, the displayed DC of Takedown has been confirmed fixed with U66, Jaws of Winter (and likely Jaws of Doom too) confirmed not fixed.

Need to confirm the displayed DC of all of the following (contribute what you can please):
- Snowslide
- Howl of Terror
- Body of the Sun
- Tremor
- Cold Breath/Blighted Breath
- Shred
- Throat Rip
- Go for the Kill
- Savage Roar
- Bear Charge

Last edited:

misterski

So, the displayed DC of Takedown has been confirmed fixed with U66, Jaws of Winter (and likely Jaws of Doom too) confirmed not fixed.

Need to confirm the displayed DC of all of the following (contribute what you can please):
- Snowslide
- Howl of Terror
- Body of the Sun
- Tremor
- Shred
- Throat Rip
- Go for the Kill
- Savage Roar
- Bear Charge
Shred has tooltip Sunder vs. Fortitude DC: 10 + Half Druid Level + Highest of Wisdom or Strength + Sunder bonuses. Sunder bonuses and insightful combat mastery do not affect the DC of shred but the rest looks fine.

For Tremor the total DC is not listed in the tooltip (oops) so I can't test this one. The DC formula in the tooltip is Trip vs Balance DC: 10 + Druid Level + Highest of Wisdom or Strength + Trip Bonuses.

Can't test anything else since this druid has been a bank mule for many years and is only level 11.

Edit; No save listed for Cold Breath, No idea about Blighted Breath.

Last edited:

Speed

- Snowslide
- Howl of Terror
- Body of the Sun
- Tremor
- Shred
- Throat Rip
- Go for the Kill
- Savage Roar
- Bear Charge

Takedown
Working: wisdom modifier, half level, vertigo, combat mastery, insight combat mastery
Not tested: strength modifier, dexterity modifier

Snowslide
Working: wisdom modifier, full level
Not working: stunning, combat mastery, insight combat mastery
Not tested: strength modifier, dexterity modifier

Howl Of Terror - works like standard spell
Working: wisdom modifier, spell level, spell focus mastery

Sun Bolt (SLA, Favored Soul) - no save in tooltip

All checked in tooltip only, so no tests in practice (game code for displaying is possibly separated from one used in combat, so there is no guarantee that save formula number in tooltip is always the same as in actual check).
There are also other special attacks to check like ones in Artificer tree.

The Blonde

Catalogues Bugs
So here's where we are right now:

Not fixed = they do not take Combat Mastery bonuses into account, nor do they take STR/DEX into account

- Takedown is fixed
- Howl of Terror is fixed

- Jaws of Winter (and likely Jaws of Doom too) isn't fixed
- Snowslide isn't fixed
- Shred isn't fixed
- Great Maul isn't fixed
- Bear Charge isn't fixed

- Tremor we cannot test it as the DC isn't displayed in the tooltip (that's another bug)
- Cold Breath/Blighted Breath we cannot test them as the DC isn't displayed in the tooltip (that's another bug)

- Throat Rip (unsure)
- Go for the Kill (unsure)
- Savage Roar (unsure)
- Body of the Sun (unsure)