Tactical bonus does not work with class special attacks anymore?

Speed

It looks like tactical bonuses do not work with class special attacks (at least for druid in animal form).
I use Takedown spell attack in wolf form (DC 10 + half druid level + highest str/wis/dex + trip bonus).
Half druid level counts correctly.
Wisdom modifier counts correctly (I did not check strength yet - I am wisdom based caster with Flame Blade).
Trip bonus from Combat Mastery or Vertigo does not count in tooltip.
I wonder if this is a problem with all spells and special attacks that use tactical bonus on various classes (monk stun finishers, artificer sunder in enhancement tree, etc).
Other player has similar possible bugs with Maul/Shred/Tremor/Charge in bear form: https://forums.ddo.com/index.php?threads/bear-druid-dcs-broken.4044/
Does trip bonus work for Wolf Companion (there is a note on wiki that some effects may not work)?

Also, weapon damage and accuracy is not updated in inventory details when attribute is changed, but work with effects like deadly or accuracy.
I am charisma based favored soul with proper favored weapon (I did not check strength, just charisma).

DDO Gaming

I wonder how long before SSG devs decide to rollback this update and actually focus on strategies to increase revenue

DDO Gaming

It did not work before current update. I just decided to ask about it after few days.
I'm wondering if the devs have made the game unmaintaineably complex and lack the resources to fix the issues their efforts endup creating

Speed

If we are talking about bugs, I can also mention other thing. Since years, when you click on item icon or title in auction house (which is what I usually did right after mouse over to see description), then bid amount is not updated and you can buy something for much higher price (amount from previous selection).

DDO Gaming

If we are talking about bugs, I can also mention other thing. Since years, when you click on item icon or title in auction house (which is what I usually did right after mouse over to see description), then bid amount is not updated and you can buy something for much higher price (amount from previous selection).
I know. Instead of focusing on making the game more stable they're wasting time re-engineering stuff that already works.

And for a small company the SSG executive doesn't seem to understand the concept of "handson approach"

somenewnoob

I wonder how long before SSG devs decide to rollback this update and actually focus on strategies to increase revenue

Silly. Nerfing the existing 29 raid weapons WAS their way to make revenue because now people will wnt the sub par NEW raid weapons!

SSG do how SSG do.

Not to mention a new 100% spellpower scaling imbue universal tree is probably going to be for sale soon!

Unk

I know that vertigo and trip bonuses from item had not worked for takedown years ago so it is probably a bug that they somehow reintroduced again.

The Blonde

Catalogues Bugs
What about other classes that use tactical bonuses for their special abilities like monk stun finishers or artificer sunder attacks from enhancement tree.
Can someone check that?
As far as I know this bug is restricted to Animal Forms (Druid & BC).

Lotoc

As far as I know this bug is restricted to Animal Forms (Druid & BC).
The animal form spell attacks just have had wildy inaccurate DC listings, they only take into account class level and wisdom mod.
They'll say terrible DCs for a strength build on tooltip and work perfectly fine, if tactics bonuses didn't work on them they'd be pretty much impossible to use successfully at endgame.

It's likely just an issue with them technically being spells and I guess spell tooltips aren't set up to take into account anything but caster stats and spell DCs

The Blonde

Catalogues Bugs
The animal form spell attacks just have had wildy inaccurate DC listings, they only take into account class level and wisdom mod.
They'll say terrible DCs for a strength build on tooltip and work perfectly fine, if tactics bonuses didn't work on them they'd be pretty much impossible to use successfully at endgame.

It's likely just an issue with them technically being spells and I guess spell tooltips aren't set up to take into account anything but caster stats and spell DCs
It's likely more than just Tactics not adding to the tooltip's DC, as the DCs reported here are way off. I do hope it's just the tooltips that are wrong though, but we need a dev to confirm.

Tonquin

of Lightning Hammer fame!

This is correct! Those spells are using what is known as a "redirected action" to make an active attack during the spellcast flow, something that the game's tooltips were not set up to handle. This has been fixed internally, and will be in an upcoming patch. Thank you!

Speed

This is correct! Those spells are using what is known as a "redirected action" to make an active attack during the spellcast flow, something that the game's tooltips were not set up to handle. This has been fixed internally, and will be in an upcoming patch. Thank you!

Thats great!
Thank you.

What about passive augments, are they planned to work for wolf companion in the future?
Is keen effect considered on hit (since it affects only own weapon, not globally like seeker), so it will not work on collars?

The Blonde

Catalogues Bugs
Thats great!
Thank you.

What about passive augments, are they planned to work for wolf companion in the future?
Is keen effect considered on hit (since it affects only own weapon, not globally like seeker), so it will not work on collars?
I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to say, could you rephrase it please?

Most effects on pet collars are broken, and augments on pet collars/armor don't work (if that's the question). Both are well documented, very old bugs.

Speed

Most effects on pet collars are broken, and augments on pet collars/armor don't work (if that's the question). Both are well documented, very old bugs.

Some people claimed that old augments work, but I am asking if current augment system will be implemented for wolf companion in the future (both, collar and armor), because diamond/sapphire/topaz are passives (not "on hit" like ruby).
Passive effects (not augments, just item prefixes) from collar/armor work correctly (it seems that only "on hit" like elemental damage do not, even from dev made named items).
If this is well documented, then where is a list of effects that work (wiki does not mention much: https://ddowiki.com/page/Wolf_Companion )?
I especially wonder about keen, because I am not sure if it counts as "on hit" that is not supported or as passive like seeker that should work.

The Blonde

Catalogues Bugs
If anyone can doublecheck whether the U66 fix fully fixed the issues highlighted in this thread I'd appreciate it, as I don't have a Druid currently.

misterski

The bottom of the tooltip for Takedown now says "Trip vs. Balance DC: 10 + Half Druid Level + Highest of Wisdom, Dexterity, or Strength + Trip Bonuses".

At first when I took off my ring with insightful combat mastery the listed DC didn't change in the tooltip on the hotbar but it does update in the spellbook so I dragged a new Takedown button to the hotbar and now it updates when I equip or unequip that ring. So we can call this one fixed.

Edit: The same isn't true for Jaws of Winter. Even though the tooltip says Stun vs. Fortitude DC: 10 + Druid level + Highest of Wisdom, Dexterity, or Strength + Stun bonuses, equipping/unequipping the ring with Insightful Combat Mastery doesn't cause the DC in the tooltip to update. It's the same when I equip/unequip an item with my main stat on it. Maybe it's a display bug, /shrug.

Last edited:

Scrag

I had used an "old" version of a power for several weeks not knowing better. When you go up a level in an enh/destiny/whatever, you have to constantly drag down the new version, until it caps.

My big fail was sdk chains. I was using the first chain, thinking that all the updates updated that one chain, and not do what all those upgrades actually do.