Temple of Elemental Evil Water is a Cruel Joke

Mokune

I have nothing but bannable expletives to write about the decision to make one-way underwater passages in this quest a thing.

It really shows how out of touch with reality and hatefully punitive this Dev team feels about players.

Good thing I didn't run on reaper and was running for favor so I could recall and re-enter.

So we ABSOLUTELY NEED Dimension Door to complete this quest now?

Doesn't appear to be any way back from the SE side of this water node. No obvious or easily intuitive way at any rate.

Make no mistake and believe me when I say this is EXTREMELY POOR FORM.

Zvdegor

Melee Artificer Freak
If you dont have ddoor at the water key, you have to kill the 2 water elementals at the 2 side rooms (1 each) and you can exit and run to endfight.

saekee

long live ROGUE
If you dont have ddoor at the water key, you have to kill the 2 water elementals at the 2 side rooms (1 each) and you can exit and run to endfight.
Oh I think the OP is talking about the water nodes, not the water temple in the first ques.

If I recall correctly, when you hit the tablet thing, it spawns a portal for you that places you up-water a good way, better than ddoor.

Zvdegor

Melee Artificer Freak
Oh I think the OP is talking about the water nodes, not the water temple in the first ques.

If I recall correctly, when you hit the tablet thing, it spawns a portal for you that places you up-water a good way, better than ddoor.
Ah yes my bad. The water nod is a pain to run uhm.. swim, but dont need ddoor there. It is just annoying to complete.

l_remmie

If you dont know about the portal taking you back it can get a bit frustrating. Gotto do a little actual "adventure gaming" to figure that out.

It's not like it's well hidden or hard to do.

Reactions: DJH

Konsumer

I have nothing but bannable expletives to write about the decision to make one-way underwater passages in this quest a thing.

It really shows how out of touch with reality and hatefully punitive this Dev team feels about players.

Good thing I didn't run on reaper and was running for favor so I could recall and re-enter.

Doesn't appear to be any way back from the SE side of this water node. No obvious or easily intuitive way at any rate.

The one way currents usually lead to a dimension door in an alcove. At least 1 is behind a secret door.

Phoenicis

Savage's Husband

In the far SE corner there is a portal that takes you back to the large room.

I think it's poor form to accuse the devs of malfeasance when you have not completely explored your options.

Smokewolf

Water, Earth, Fire are very doable. While Air is real pain due to the Whisps immunities. Just one Heroic Whisp can chain cast an entire party to death, often without there being a effective means to handle them quickly.

kmoustakas

Scourge of Xaos

I agree the water currents were a terrible idea. You missed the portal back but that doesn't change that the water currents were a terrible idea.

Mokune

I found a portal in another part after recalling, re-entering. They made an annoying dungeon even more annoying with the one way, fast moving water which I suspect was meant to somehow make it less of a slog to swim. @ level 11 on a cleric with armor off and pearl of sirens there was no way I was swimming out of it. TBF I hate my stupid life most days due to other people's stupid decisions in the real world and just want to have a fun escape for a bit and not deal with punitively "creative" DMs...

saekee

long live ROGUE
I agree the water currents were a terrible idea. You missed the portal back but that doesn't change that the water currents were a terrible idea.

I found a portal in another part after recalling, re-entering. They made an annoying dungeon even more annoying with the one way, fast moving water which I suspect was meant to somehow make it less of a slog to swim. @ level 11 on a cleric with armor off and pearl of sirens there was no way I was swimming out of it. TBF I hate my stupid life most days due to other people's stupid decisions in the real world and just want to have a fun escape for a bit and not deal with punitively "creative" DMs...
the currents they added actually make the quest go much faster IF you know that upon hitting the tablets, you get the portal out of there. If you are fighting currents then you have not found the portal. In essence, it should never happen.
In the first iteration of the water node, the gem was randomly hidden and you had to swim all over the place. The currebt system forces you to swim X amount but speeds it up. It is just awful if you do not know of the portals.

The Narc

Water, Earth, Fire are very doable. While Air is real pain due to the Whisps immunities. Just one Heroic Whisp can chain cast an entire party to death, often without there being a effective means to handle them quickly.
Air is not a problem i solo it at level with no hirelings in a permadeath guild. So either you are giving up too many defenses to have your toon have one special attack or your entire party is playing gimped toons.

If you are playing a glass cannon that comes at the expense of seeing yourself turned into a stone when the going gets tough, so no thank you on making this quest any easier.

Aaabbbcccddd

This iteration of the water temple is way better than the old one. And yes the water jets are there to make you swim faster and also to point you in the right directions. It is not the devs fault if you don't take the time to find the way that the devs have intended for the player to take. The portals make the quest even faster and aren't hidden at all.

Sheikra

Air is not a problem i solo it at level with no hirelings in a permadeath guild. So either you are giving up too many defenses to have your toon have one special attack or your entire party is playing gimped toons.

If you are playing a glass cannon that comes at the expense of seeing yourself turned into a stone when the going gets tough, so no thank you on making this quest any easier.
Cool story bro. Who said anything about making the quest easier? Air is clearly the hardest node, it's OK if people struggle a bit.

Smokewolf

I've both pugged it and run with seasoned groups, typically R6 - R8. Soloing TOEE just takes to long to justify the effort. My impression was meant in general terms, as air is normally the most challenging, regardless of build.

Though its very nice that your hires can carry you for your permanent death ego guild.