Thanks for Nothing SSG

AMess

I think giving a choice of expansion pack or pot is mildly irritating, b/c as original poster noted, it can literally be nothing. Though, it's free and only mildly bothersome, however when you take it in the context of lag, tumble nerf, tool-tip not matching game play (bugs)...and well, if you are a paying customer the mild irritation grows alot, b/c while you're ok with spending money for content and to help develop the game, if the designers are not delivering on the stuff you pay for (lag, tumble, bugs)...then how do we both support the game we love and justify spending the money...it creates a cognitive dissonance (or phycological trauma).....my point being---> why, why do this to your most ardent supporters?

canicus

Ran the discovery elixir from the YotD reward during the following raids and pulled exactly ZERO named items, tomes, etc.
  • Fire Over Morgrave
  • Hunt or Be Hunted
  • Legendary Vision of Destruction
  • Old Baba's Hut
Please try to do better in the future when showing appreciation for the customers have supported you by buying every expansion in the past (and generally the higher tier options at that).

There were soooo many better options for a reward that you could have chosen than a 1-hour elixir that provided absolutely no benefit in the end.

So yeah, thanks for nothing SSG.
IN the future I would much rather have a choice of 1 raid item( even excluding the newest raid) than an elixir of discovery. This is in any and all situations where an EoD might have been offered. SSG please avoid elixirs in the future.

The Narc

Did everyone get nothing from the elixir or are there those that cane out as winners with good loot, i mean rng is rng and does not always come out the way we want, i for one avoid most things in game that have odds of getting versus odds of not getting and would never pay DDO points for a potion like this or any of the other things that have a percentage to affect loot. But i am happy with the one month in the VIP loyalty that is increasing a boost by 1% because i am receiving it and will not have paid for it and will not bother to care that it is there.

Ahpuch

TBH, I think the 4th month reward is even worse than the potion.

10% reduced item wear? Come on........
Useless. Also that is the VIP 4th month "reward" and not the Year of the Dragon item (which is where the discover pot is coming from).

Actual 4th month from YotD offering is a dragon pet. Which is still useless for those players that don't use pets. To be honest I like the discovery pot more than the pet or the durability ward. I am not saying it is good. Just the least useless of these 3 choices.

AMess

Well fellas....pulled 6 reaper fragments worth of items and a bunch of named items (weapon food) while on the pot last night running R10s. YMMV.

Better to be lucky...anyday.

yeah, there's a fairly large reward delta between LH-Raids & r10 quests. r10 quests alone gives you the equivalent of a pot & quests take 5-7 mins vs raids in the 15-20 range....but, if you want raid gear, you'll use your pot on raids.

meaning, there is more than luck at play in this comparison.

erethizon1

Tilo’s reroll on lowbie reaper chests is a great idea, not sure why Slavers. I am wondering which chests to hit, and fast. Was thinking werewolf opt chest in Immortality Lessons. Another fast chest is Bash optional in Blockade Buster but I would not reroll it.

For just getting a reaper stat I have hit the Kobold quest in Borderlands for a fast one in the hopes of getting an 8 mp boosted ring. Right now I am at 5 mp.
Saltmarsh has some pretty short quests (e.g. swim at your own risk, haunting of saltmarsh, back to basics, etc.). Getting a group together to farm them for an hour very efficiently could probably work quite well.

erethizon1

You are asking something good from Severlin who tells past lives creates crippling lag but also approves new classes, EDs and races with additional past lives adding to more lag. It is simply fiscally irresponsible.
You're talking to the same group that designed Archetypes out-of-class to add to the TR creep (after saying they didn't want creep), spin the
design wheel randomly, and ignore a 7-year bug list. Are you really expecting anything they do to make sense? That's the real RND in DDO. (y)
The difference is that past lives are the most important thing they can add to the game to keep the game alive. New content is great, but having something to do is what is most important. For some people that is farming raids (so they keep adding raids) and for others it is getting more past lives. Only people that feel like they have to have all the lives and are behind if they don't (and don't have most of them already) are going to have a problem with more past lives. For the rest of us it simply provides more options in what life to play next.

erethizon1

They should have given us an Eternal Flask of Infinite Tumble. ;)
Jokes aside, the wisest thing they could have done was make someone that had all but one of the expansions seriously ask themselves the question, "Should I just buy the last expansion right now so that I can get the free item that is only given to those with all the expansions?" That is the question you want people asking themselves. That requires the item given out to be actually desirable. Instead, they got people to say, "Whew! I'm so glad I didn't buy that last expansion. I almost got a garbage reward instead of a good one."

mbartol

Murder Hobo
If all of the YotD rewards didn't exist (they didn't do the event) would you be complaining about this? I'd bet not. So you are complaining because other people get something for free, and you get a less valuable thing for free. SSG did not need to give anyone any of this for free, they owed no one anything.

Kyrr compared SSG to a significant other; but I think a more apt comparison is to that of a local store. You may go there every week to shop, but they do not owe you coupons, free things, giveaways, etc. They are looking out for their bottom line above all else. Let's say your local store runs a giveaway, but only to people in a different economic class than you (I know not everyone who doesn't own xpacks is due to income, just for the hypothetical). Will you be upset because the store does not value you as a customer, or will you be happy for the people who were not as well off, whose status has been improved?

Do not think I am a staunch defender of SSG -- I just am an opponent of the "what I am owed" mindset.

It's ok if you disagree. Feel free to tell me about it if you do; but I think I am going to stop replying after this. These fun ethical-esque discussions just get my blood pressure too high I think! Haha
You’re right, nobody would be complaining about it if it didn’t exist. But SSG did create this disparity between people who have supported most loyalty with regard to purchasing expansions, and those who have not.

I purchased the highest tier of every expansion with cash, and I am happy with the content that was included. I never expected anything more.

Additionally, I believe that the free expansion is a very generous gift, and I am happy to pick up IoD on my alternate accounts.

The issue is that the most loyal customers received an alternate prize that is relatively worthless. Most stores offer loyalty programs that have better rewards for increased loyalty. Promotions do exist to entice new customers, but businesses also try to encourage customers that do spend money to spend more.

Drunken.dx

The issue is that the most loyal customers received an alternate prize that is relatively worthless. Most stores offer loyalty programs that have better rewards for increased loyalty. Promotions do exist to entice new customers, but businesses also try to encourage customers that do spend money to spend more.
Pointless to point that out, neither SSG nor some forum goers can comprehend rewarding loyalty.

"they already spent money, why would we care about them?" sums it up nicely

VIP loyalty program has barely anything that rewards long term commitment, especially if you don't care about cosmetics

Tilomere

Tilo’s reroll on lowbie reaper chests is a great idea, not sure why Slavers.
Ingredient chests don't ransack, and double named + ingrediant item/feywild weapon drop chance for reaper shard. Plus as a level 8 base quest you can take a 12 in with T5 enhancements and blow it apart. Feywild would be better though.

I think it is entirely fiscally responsible to give 1/3rd of a useful combo away, when the other 2/3rds are from the store. ;)

Sylvanush

Probably if the pot duration was like the saltmarsh pot when we buy the expansion that was for 3 hours, people appreciate better the gift. But in my opinion, this is not about who buy more stuff or who get more stuff for free is about showing some appreciation for people who sustain economically the game. I'm glad people with low resources enjoy the free packs if they can't afford them don't take me wrong but if I put more effort and spend money to support the game because I want or I can at least that should be taken in consideration to measure the rewards, because if not, you are telling that I do not need spend any money or support the game because at the end you will get the same or better rewards than the people who support more economically the game. At the end the problem is people always expect more than they going to get lol. Expect disappointment and you will not get disappointed :ROFLMAO:. At least we got something.

Titus Ovid

Mover and Shaker
I only buy the lowest Tier of the expansions and got my Elixir. But you know what?! I curse myself that I didn't take an "expansion" as I had the chance because it was bugged out on my account. I might have gotten a free character slot. Who knows?!
I could store all the crazy items I am not getting with my Elixirs I brought over from Wayfinder. Yay.

I don't want to sound like a wisecrack but don't look for these kind of appreciation from SSG. You won't get it. And in case they do something surprising I am happy to be wrong that one time.

Cheers,
Titus

Genkiba

Should there be levels of VIP reward?
Expansion bought with cash vs. points?
Base expansion vs. highest tier?

Prove how loyal you are.

full