Thanks SSG by players that bought XP potions for reaper pass expected in 2023.

Sevenover

Thanks SSG by players that bought XP potions to raise RXP for reaper pass expected in 2023.
Yes. Some people spent real money on XP pots from the store to get more RXP considering that you said "Reaper overhaul was planned in 2023 but we will do in 2024".
Now Tolero said that reaper pass will not even be in 2024.
So you make us spend money and than you don't give us the promised features?
How disappointing for the people that use the DDO store.
This is a matter of credibility. Customers are not happy if they bought a set of custom wheels for a car that was announced but never produced.

Toede

Stop buying crap like that. That's the answer. Every time someone buys things like this it gives them more incentive to both create more items like that and to create situations that drive certain personalities to consume that product. It also has the unfortunate side effect of feeling like you were taken advantage of when things don't go as planned. At least until one forgets about it a week later and continues the behavior.

Fizban

Thanks SSG by players that bought XP potions to raise RXP for reaper pass expected in 2023.
Yes. Some people spent real money on XP pots from the store to get more RXP considering that you said "Reaper overhaul was planned in 2023 but we will do in 2024".
This is a matter of credibility. Customers are not happy if they bought a set of custom wheels for a car that was announced but never produced.
No one makes you spend money. XP potionss still give you enhanced XP.

Last edited:

Sarlona Raiding

Nothing has ever been promised by SSG regarding exact timing or even exact changes for the reaper system. It's been something they've been looking at, but most of what has been discussed is a system that improves grouping by reducing the power gap, not changes that add more power/trees. As someone with alot more reaper xp than the vast majority of players I think that is a step in the right direction.

The official roadmap for SSG development is the producer's letter. Anything discussed outside of that is SSG sharing their thinking, not making a promise or committment.

These type of threads do nothing but make SSG reluctant to share their thinking on future development - a net loss for the DDO player community.

I couldn't personally ever imagine willfully buying an exp pot, getting the extra exp from said pot, then posting a complaint on the forums regarding the bonus exp you got from the pot.

Blunt Hackett

I honestly have a hard time believing their's a substantial angry mob who have this very unwise and very specific buying behavior. And even if many did this as you're implying, I think at least most of them would realize it was a bad decision on their part.

Don't count your chickens before they hatch, as the saying goes.

Falkor

It honestly seems like a lot of needless rage bait posting by one person or a small group of people. If these players put the same amount of effort into playing the game, they'd have decent characters and nothing to complain about here. It's pretty tiresome.

Drachmor

That sounds like... a lotta speculation from you chief.
I don't even get it...? Why would a reaper overhaul mean you need to go buy more xp pots? They've been discussing like, doing away with the trees and stuff... even if there WAS an increase in reaper cap, I mean... you just have those potions now? They work for regular xp

Redtalktree

Same
That sounds like... a lotta speculation from you chief.

I don't even get it...? Why would a reaper overhaul mean you need to go buy more xp pots? They've been discussing like, doing away with the trees and stuff... even if there WAS an increase in reaper cap, I mean... you just have those potions now? They work for regular xp
Same reason as to why you would get a mortgage for an apartment/house that have not being built yet and left holding the bag of dog poo when the builder got bankrupt. IQ problem if you ask me

Drunken.dx

It honestly seems like a lot of needless rage bait posting by one person or a small group of people. If these players put the same amount of effort into playing the game, they'd have decent characters and nothing to complain about here. It's pretty tiresome.
Frankly I would not be surprised if you're 100% correct here, because majority of vocal critics sound pretty much the same, and complain about current "big issue"

Valerianus

Former Captain Of The Rotten Shark
unpopular opinion maybe, but...

look, i don't care, i am not reaper maxxed, and i'm not buying pots for rp, i'm not even a whale, maybe a dolphin. nah, not even that. ima tuna. but, you know, if some players, let's call em whales, i don't like it cause imho it sounds a bit like "howdareyoutobericherthaniamanduseyourmoneyhowyoulike", but whatever, i was saying, if these whales are happy to throw money at ssg for that....is it wise for ssg to ignore that? i am not saying that the devving process must be slave of the whales, just, you know, spending habits and customer profiling and stuff like that about big spenders. "customers are all the same, all important" was never true, just a nice thing to say, no business works like that.

you know what? ssg is hiring https://www.daybreakgames.com/careers?location=massachusetts

a senior game engineer and, related to topic, a product manager....

hopefully ddo will see some of it, hopefully it would not be a lotro-only thing

well, i have low expectations....i would be happy if they just start by taking out the khyber dragonshards fragments form ddo store....