The Dungeon difficulties need to be consolidated

Justfungus

Having 13 different dungeon difficulties is unwieldy.
They could all be easily consolidated.
-------------------------------
Normal - same as current
Hard - equal to the current elite
Scaled - equal to the highest level character in the party.
Reaper - roughly equal to reaper 5 but also scales to the level of the party.
Extreme - scaled to party and equal to current R10

DONE DEAL -

F2P gets first access to Normal (no change)
Premium gets first access to Normal - Hard
VIP gets first access to all of them

Simple
Streamlined

droid327

Yeah this plan seems like its overshooting the mark. I think the stepwise difference between Reaper 1-4 is useful for soloing, if nothing else. Maybe you could cut it down to R5/8/10 for group purposes, but I dont see that as being a huge improvement.

And even Normal and Hard have a meaningful role in Hardcore. Casual is really the only difficulty you could justify eliminating...but you dont even mention that one :D

Also I have no idea what "scaled" would do, since every quest already has a fixed level. If I enter a L6 quest with a L32 character, it cant simply scale up to L32.

DDO Gaming

No thanks, I like the ability to go up or down in small increments of difficulty and I do not at all find this unwieldy.
you should try raid legends. completing the entire storyline@normal requires lvl50 and movingup one level to hard requires lvl60.

Yes levelcap doesn't seem to exist in raid legends and I'm sure there are lvl100+ characters

I dont Like gimps

straight up No I really Like the way it is that u can choose a decent mix of gains challenge and suffering or non suffering
for some peeps r6 is really tough for others its a difficulty when they just wanna have smooth and quick runs or perhabs wanna make it less lethal/more enjoyable for the less optimal characters in the party . if u could only run r5 some people might be bored by r5 but r10 is too tough for em and they find themselves discouraged cuz its either too easy or extremely tough and that doesnt sound healthy nor desirable... the Jump would be too Big and as Mikkardo pointed out its just handy to for say drop from r10 to r8 cuz one of your Members had to go and u didnt get no substitute

Fhrek

One Badge of Honor achieved
No! Hard pass...

Every iniciative that incentive less choice, isn't welcome. DDO is amazing because gives choices, reducing those seems like the epithomy of bad ideas.

Lacci

I actually like the idea to adjust a quests difficulty like that.
I only wish that there was some adjustments to Normal/Hard/Elite
I feel like "normal" is almost trivial, even for casual/new players, "hard" feels more like "normal", but the jump from hard to elite is a bit too big in my opinion.
(if I remember correctly, "normal" and "hard" scale with the number of groupmembers, while elite does not, which I find very strange)

Shear-buckler

When the reaper tree rework is done and party members share reaper points it will be a good time to consolidate difficulties and incentivice running higher difficulties even when leveling.

When the reaper tree rework is done and party members share reaper points it will be a good time to consolidate difficulties and incentivice running higher difficulties even when leveling.
I can’t wait to see exactly how much lag they add to the game with that system. With their recent track record of adding lag with patches designed to ”improve game performance,” I have to assume Orien will go on full lockdown when that travesty goes live.

Spook

I agree to an extent - I think there should only be one reaper difficulty when levelling but at cap no if anything there should be more difficulties as people have mastered R10.

Blunt Hackett

Having 13 different dungeon difficulties is unwieldy.
They could all be easily consolidated.
-------------------------------
Normal - same as current
Hard - equal to the current elite
Scaled - equal to the highest level character in the party.
Reaper - roughly equal to reaper 5 but also scales to the level of the party.
Extreme - scaled to party and equal to current R10

DONE DEAL -

F2P gets first access to Normal (no change)
Premium gets first access to Normal - Hard
VIP gets first access to all of them

Simple
Streamlined
Lots of people do R1 and R4. Lots run it above level. R1-10 has worked since reaper was a thing. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Spook

But that severely limits other players’ choices.

If players want to do a challenge life and run R10 from 1-32, they should have that option.
If there was enough players to level the way we wanted at all level range that could work but for levelling we should really try to funnel players together. (Obviously if you only run in guild groups or statics your view will be different to the average pug player)

PraetorPlato

I agree to an extent - I think there should only be one reaper difficulty when levelling but at cap no if anything there should be more difficulties as people have mastered R10.
There are people who level w/skulls! r4 leveling is pretty common in heroics, r6-8 isn't uncommon in epics. I don't understand why it's a good idea to make those players play boring content

If there was enough players to level the way we wanted at all level range that could work but for levelling we should really try to funnel players together. (Obviously if you only run in guild groups or statics your view will be different to the average pug player)
But attempting to funnel players together by removing some choices they have is not going to have the desired effect.

BTW, that’s literally what the LFM panel is for.

Spook

But attempting to funnel players together by removing some choices they have is not going to have the desired effect.

BTW, that’s literally what the LFM panel is for.
I disagree the player base is split up over 8 (9 during hardcore) servers 32 levels and 13 difficulties. When elite was the only option we ran all ran elite now we run r1 all the way to R10.

Some reaper players wont join an R1 and some wont join an R10 which reduces the pool of players you can attract to your group via the LFM.

Its too late now to do anything imo other than merge servers so its a moot point.