The event does not really draw me in

mbartol

Murder Hobo
I have read all about the event here in the forum, I knew that I´m supposed to go to the guy in Sharn.
I´m just saying that I don´t find it very immersive/engaging/interesting that this info is not provided ingame.
Like was it really too much to ask that your character receives a letter from the guy in Sharn with something like "I made a disturbing discovery, please come and see me in Sharn as soon as you can" ?
I´m not drawn into an event when it´s just presented like a shopping list in the patchnotes.
Probably not mail, but how about all the other events that have a DM narration saying that some “thing” is happening? They even trigger a DM narration when you level up and should run Gianthold or Sharn.

If you have lower level characters and want to play reaper, you can participate in the fight against the illithids to unlock quests for theoretically everyone to play once they get characters to those levels. Those quests may not be easy, but imo that's okay.

Given the negative connotation "elite" has in these forums, I refuse to call someone who sometimes enjoyes something a bit more challenging as "elite".
I apologise for the misuse of the term 'elite'

YEAH! but seriously, if you have such a character and want to do it then go ahead. It can be fun to participate in these events. If it isn't fun for you then don't. The people with capped chars don't want you to assist if you don't want to. Quests will get unlocked regardless of who participates. It may or may not be fun but it is optional so don't be a martyr.
Martyrdom is not my thing, just want to clarify the situation. From my perspective, with limited play time there is not much participation available in my time zone, apart from the appearance of psionic thralls to make ordinary questing a little harder, and they don't advance the cause of unlocking these quests. By the time I get to play, it seemed to be all over for the day, illithidwise.

Ahpuch

Martyrdom is not my thing, just want to clarify the situation. From my perspective, with limited play time there is not much participation available in my time zone, apart from the appearance of psionic thralls to make ordinary questing a little harder, and they don't advance the cause of unlocking these quests. By the time I get to play, it seemed to be all over for the day, illithidwise.
The 2 day until next phase seems like it could be improved if it was 32 hours instead of 24. Then the start time of the phases would shift to different TZ's prime times. That might help more people feel like they can get involved constructively. It sucks if every phase opens up while you are sleeping and is done by the time you get off work.

We will see when this opens if it is around noon EDT and the pattern is the same as Wed. If the pattern is the same at least the 3rd phase may be noon on Sunday which may help some folks.