The Future of Epic Destiny points

Zvdegor

Melee Artificer Freak
At the moment if someone is Epic Completionist can spend 73 Destiny points (full Epic completionist + all Tomes)
We will earn more points as the level cap will be raised also upcoming new ED trees will allow us to unlock more points.
(73 + next update +1 + 8 more levels=32 + ED PLs ----> 106 points + a few)
At the end we will have around 110-120 Destiny points !!!
My question is: Where the hell we gonna put those points????
My main tree is maxed.
2nd and 3rd tree Tier 4 needs 20 points to unlock so meaning fully can spend 25-28 points in them.

a very generous calculation:
  1. Main tree=40 points
  2. 2nd tree=30 points
  3. 3rd tree=30 points
sum.: 100 points

Where the hell can we put the last 10-20 points when only a single T5 is allowed?
Where the hell can we put the last 10-20 points when only 3 ED trees can be active at the same time?

Last edited:

Jack Jarvis Esquire

Whilst short term I could definitely use a lot more points as only have 1 in my 3rd tree, l take your point. I guess there will be quite a lot of "filler" points to spend unless maybe say 40 cap opens up a 4th tree option.

I'm sure they must have thought all this through when they changed the EDs in preparation for the journey to 40... 😉👍

CBDunk

Well, there are more than 60 points in each tree if you take EVERYTHING.

However, I agree with the general sentiment. When level 32 first came out it seemed clear to me that we were going to end up with a situation where people were often either spending ED points on things which did NOTHING for their build, or just leaving them unspent.

If we're lucky, that will lead to adjustment of the ED trees to reduce the number of options which are only useful to a handful of very specific builds (e.g. you get a benefit if you have a specific feat, otherwise... nothing)... but it will likely be a long time coming. We'll talk about this again in 2030.

Zvdegor

Melee Artificer Freak

However, I agree with the general sentiment. When level 32 first came out it seemed clear to me that we were going to end up with a situation where people were often either spending ED points on things which did NOTHING for their build, or just leaving them unspent.

If we're lucky, that will lead to adjustment of the ED trees to reduce the number of options which are only useful to a handful of very specific builds (e.g. you get a benefit if you have a specific feat, otherwise... nothing)... but it will likely be a long time coming. We'll talk about this again in 2030.
exactly my point. Putting points for no benefit is not sexy

Fulchrum

On the flip side, having that many points is the only way my hybrid flavor builds can get all the ED stuff I want lol

Griglok (Karatemack)

Leader- The Casual Obsession (Khyber)
At the moment if someone is Epic Completionist can spend 73 Destiny points (full Epic completionist + all Tomes)
We will earn more points as the level cap will be raised also upcoming new ED trees will allow us to unlock more points.
My main tree is maxed.
2nd and 3rd tree Tier 4 needs 20 points to unlock so meaning fully can spend 25-28 points in them.

1. Main tree=40 points
  2. 2nd tree=30 points
  3. 3rd tree=30 points

Where the hell can we put the last 10-20 points when only a single T5 is allowed?
Where the hell can we put the last 10-20 points when only 3 ED trees can be active at the same time?
At some point there was speculation that we hadn't seen the last of the cores in the destinies.

I'm guessing there will be more core abilities that we can spend points on and these will likely be more expensive.

Ying

5000+ hours played
Assume expansions continue to follow the pattern of every 18 months for release, and each expansion raises the level cap by 2-3 (32/35/38/40). That's five years from now. You really think they are planning that far in advance? Even for strategic initiatives it's only 18-24 months out.

It's a problem that will be solved later, not now.

Dragnilar

Dragonborn of Bahamut
My guess is they will probably expand the trees either vertically and/or horizontally (not sure what the UI will look like at that point). It would be a great opportunity to bring back stuff that got gutted imo.

And yes, as @Ying said, it's probably something that is down the road... No sign yet as to when the level cap is going to get raised.

Aelonwy

Its difficult to spend points on everything when some trees are too divergent with not enough multi-selectors for their split focus like Shiradi (ranged/Caster) and Shadowdancer (Rogue/Caster). I already feel like I waste EDPs to climb Shiradi for the points-spent requirements to open new tiers. No way I would fill out the whole tree even if its T5 for my ranged characters, a lot of the tree is lame.

Wizard

My main tree is maxed.

I think it's good if there will be eventually more points than useful abilities to put the point in. Because that makes the ED tomes and PLs less of a "must-have" since you'll be able to fill the most important abilities and the other points are just a bonus.

Darksteel

I am sure they have thought this out, the same way they have done since MoTU was released and tanked the player base.

Contessor

My main tree is maxed.

1. Main tree=40 points
  2. 2nd tree=30 points
  3. 3rd tree=30 points

If my memory serves me correctly, the intent was to add tiers (maybe even cores) to existing destiny trees that would be level gated beyond what we can achieve. I believe that was communicated when EDs weee updated.