The Salvation of Korthos bugged, can't progress (solved)

So yesterday after completing misery's peak and taking the portal back to korthos, I got stuck in a loading screen that was taking forever, so I had to close out the game. Today, I logged back in and tried to continue, talking to the guy at the docks that give the rewards and offers to take you to stormreach.

He has the "turn in" quest symbol, but the town is still snowy and he keeps saying he can't travel because of the dragon.

Misery's peak is noted as completed, and I can't abandon "the salvation of korthos" because it's "non repeatable".

Here's a screenshot where I try to show what's going on.

Really could use some help. Thanks.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
The method to fix this I've heard multiple people use:
Leave Korthos Island. (take the teleport to Borderlands near the 1st quest - I would assume leaving to the harbor and coming back would also work but people always mention taking borderlands exist so...)
Come back to Korthos.
Should be working then.

I'd try running Peak again, might have something tied to the teleport out which gets biffoed when you log out, intentionally or not.
I tried that but couldn't enter Peak, because that quest was finished, and I couldn't retake the quest either.

The method to fix this I've heard multiple people use:
Leave Korthos Island. (take the teleport to Borderlands near the 1st quest - I would assume leaving to the harbor and coming back would also work but people always mention taking borderlands exist so...)
Come back to Korthos.
Should be working then.
Thanks! I didn't know I could return to korthos after leaving!

Misadventure

Killing everybody on Hardcore with pleasure.
I tried that but couldn't enter Peak, because that quest was finished, and I couldn't retake the quest either.

Thanks! I didn't know I could return to korthos after leaving!
You can retake the quest, you need to run out to the warforge by the camp, retake from him.