The Titan Awakens

SlicedHam

Players on Sarlona, I want to complete the The Titan Awakens. Anyone who wants to complete the Pre-flag Quest(1), and Pre-raid flag quests(2), I am happy to guide/help/bumble through with. Anyone who wants to beat this, and has never been able. Anyone who remembers the old days, and wants to soak in ancient glory. Anyone at all, as long you are ready and willing to raise your arms and armaments in conquest. Please let me know, I really need help getting a group together. At least 6 people flagged, but I will appreciate as many as are willing if we are solidly viable. (The raid can be completed with fewer people, but I am trying to be able to include as many people as possible, while also begging for a few veterans to help).

I do not intend to fail the raid, your time is precious, and I do not expect this endeavor to occur overnight.

For the veteran players who missed the Royal Guard Mask/Ring of the Ancestors, its a shot to add that feather to the cap, with a relatively quick run. Raid or not. For new players, learning this quest series is unique, and strange. The flagging quests are maze-like, mechanically stimulating, but overindulged compared to modern quests.

If you are interested you can send mail, or DM Lopaham on Sarlona.

SlicedHam

So as far a time frame goes. I am going to be running a test run of the raid with a few players this Saturday 7:30PM EST, all are welcome. Once we have a sense for the mechanics, I am going to attempt to get more players to run the raid the following week, as well. After the test run I will have a better idea of when we will schedule any subsequent runs.
Date and Time and I will jump over from Thelanis to help you.

Last edited:

Mornyngstar

So as far a time frame goes. I am going to be running a test run of the raid with a few players this Saturday 7:30PM EST, all are welcome. Once we have a sense for the mechanics, I am going to attempt to get more players to run the raid the following week, as well. After the test run I will have a better idea of when we will schedule any subsequent runs.
Did you mean EDT?

I will get a toon set up by then and will be ready.

The Narc

Thanks for the offer just did a raid completion on this a week and a half ago, it reminded me why i started to stay away from raiding as a whole. Although the first part is fairly easy, making a mistake on either puzzle could cause a group to have to start over(oh and you are forced to have a group, no soloing of this raid). Then there is the second part where basically you only use two people in the group the rest have to sit and watch and avoid falling asleep while one person works the laser and the other does the pillars/titan. And the second part can fail too if all the stars align and you manage to not hit the titan with the pillar/laser enough times(maybe because he knocksdown or telekinesis the laser operator at just the right time). Failure raid mechanics are crap and raid mechanics that force group mechanics are lame.

Not sure why they banned hirelings in raids, but it prevents some raids from being soloed like VON 5 and the air jet, let alone the VON 6 pillars with which they changed the DR so ranged guys couldnt solo it.

I mean definitely some raids can be soloed which is cool(not to say that running them with a group isnt fun but having the option to still push the limits is enjoyable too)

Gimp-1

I saw the LFM last night late. Will work to get flagged. I havent run this raid in many years. Flagged a few lives ago with a guildy just to annoy our raid voting :)

SlicedHam

I saw the LFM last night late. Will work to get flagged. I havent run this raid in many years. Flagged a few lives ago with a guildy just to annoy our raid voting :)
We would be glad to have you! I will be running a flag run for another player at today(Friday) 8:30 EST PM if you want join

Gimp-1

Flagged last night than realized im probably already flagged but hey now i have 2 Sigils. Ive got guild raids tonight but am open tomorrow (Sat) to run the test run raid. Ill be on my main (Gimp-1) and will look ya up around 7:30EST. I

SlicedHam

Flagged last night than realized im probably already flagged but hey now i have 2 Sigils. Ive got guild raids tonight but am open tomorrow (Sat) to run the test run raid. Ill be on my main (Gimp-1) and will look ya up around 7:30EST. I
Thanks for joing us today!

SlicedHam

Thanks for the offer just did a raid completion on this a week and a half ago, it reminded me why i started to stay away from raiding as a whole. Although the first part is fairly easy, making a mistake on either puzzle could cause a group to have to start over(oh and you are forced to have a group, no soloing of this raid). Then there is the second part where basically you only use two people in the group the rest have to sit and watch and avoid falling asleep while one person works the laser and the other does the pillars/titan. And the second part can fail too if all the stars align and you manage to not hit the titan with the pillar/laser enough times(maybe because he knocksdown or telekinesis the laser operator at just the right time). Failure raid mechanics are crap and raid mechanics that force group mechanics are lame.

Not sure why they banned hirelings in raids, but it prevents some raids from being soloed like VON 5 and the air jet, let alone the VON 6 pillars with which they changed the DR so ranged guys couldnt solo it.

I mean definitely some raids can be soloed which is cool(not to say that running them with a group isnt fun but having the option to still push the limits is enjoyable too)
We completed the raid on about 1hr10mins, with half of the group learning. We had a great guide, and everything went almost perfect. Yes, you can fail. But clear communication can make that unlikely, and there are ways to mitigate failure by mistake. And the second part of the raid you can one shot the boss, and not have to bother with the pillars/laser.

I do think the raid would be much more difficult for trying at-level, but with an experienced group it seems doable. I might try to get enough players ready for that at some point, but for now I am just having fun getting players into the quest.

We did it for fun and it was fun. If you want to join, with low failure risk/relatively quick run times, I will be hosting the raid 7:30PM EST for the forseeable future. I am sure we will only get better as time goes on.

I can definitely see how this raid can be a mess, but it doesn't have to be.

The Narc

We completed the raid on about 1hr10mins, with half of the group learning. We had a great guide, and everything went almost perfect. Yes, you can fail. But clear communication can make that unlikely, and there are ways to mitigate failure by mistake. And the second part of the raid you can one shot the boss, and not have to bother with the pillars/laser.

I do think the raid would be much more difficult for trying at-level, but with an experienced group it seems doable. I might try to get enough players ready for that at some point, but for now I am just having fun getting players into the quest.

We did it for fun and it was fun. If you want to join, with low failure risk/relatively quick run times, I will be hosting the raid 7:30PM EST for the forseeable future. I am sure we will only get better as time goes on.

I can definitely see how this raid can be a mess, but it doesn't have to be.
Congratz,

I had just assumed you were going to run it at level, overlevel you can definitely limit the number of pillars needed in the second part of the raid by hitting the titan with excessive damage before his shield goes up. As for the first part of the raid with a group that knows it well and can split accordingly it can be done really quick even at level.

Maybe i will join you a saturday to zerg it

SlicedHam

Congratz,

I had just assumed you were going to run it at level, overlevel you can definitely limit the number of pillars needed in the second part of the raid by hitting the titan with excessive damage before his shield goes up. As for the first part of the raid with a group that knows it well and can split accordingly it can be done really quick even at level.

Maybe i will join you a saturday to zerg it
Overleveled for now, I may transition into Heroic at-level at some point in the future, if there is enough interest. We can definitely improve on our completion time, and I would appreciate experienced players helping us complete quickly, just as much as helping players newer to the raid learn.

We had a player with a strong enough greater ruin that he one-shotted the boss, but we went slow, for us to learn, spent time afterwards to play with the laser/pillars/crystals to get a feel for it.

I'd be happy to have you along! Help us make it go faster, if you please. But be mindful that there will be teaching moments if inexperienced players get mixed in heavier on the ratio. Slowing down to make sure they understand what to do will only help this thing get moving in the long run.