The Trouble with the Trouble with Tarpits

The_Apocalypse

The Chosen One
Was just in The Trouble with Tarpits and opted for the Trouble Trio fight. I'm on my archer (longbow) and, for some reason, could not shoot any of them. No "hit" or "miss", just nothing. So, I'm shooting and moving, figuring it's something to do with them being in the tar or something. Switched between auto-target and forced Tab target. Nope, just could not affect them with my longbow. So, I take the longbow off and fight them bare-handed, which worked, but, I mean, meh. Will keep a melee weapon on me from now on.

Anyone else have this problem?

PURPLETIMB

I had the exact same thing happen to my inquisitive yesterday in the Feywild quest Combating Corruption. Everything was going fine and then I got to group of monsters that I could not shoot.

I was using a crafted repeating heavy crossbow with bolts summoned with the Arty conjure bolts spell. No dice rolls and no reported misses or dodge etc. on the screen. It wasn't just lag making the monsters move out of my line of fire as it was happening even with un-moving enemies. Just all of my bolts firing and doing nothing.

At first I thought it was just a lag spike but I could still move around and heal myself. I ran away and tried unequiping and re-equiping my weapon and my bolts. I don't know if that helped, but somehow the problem fixed itself because when I went back to the same monsters a few minutes later I was able to shoot them normally with my crossbow.

droid327

I've noticed something similar in Wild Thing, at the Water Weird fight. If I aggroed a Coelophysis or Saber Tooth and pull them into the water with me, they're often unhittable until I pull them back onto land

I think its something to do with being in shallow water (or tar) and the game not being able to build a LOS to their hitbox. Kinda like the old Runearm issue where there was an errant pixel on the ground blocking your attacks lol

Col Kurtz

Was just in The Trouble with Tarpits and opted for the Trouble Trio fight. I'm on my archer (longbow) and, for some reason, could not shoot any of them. No "hit" or "miss", just nothing. So, I'm shooting and moving, figuring it's something to do with them being in the tar or something. Switched between auto-target and forced Tab target. Nope, just could not affect them with my longbow. So, I take the longbow off and fight them bare-handed, which worked, but, I mean, meh. Will keep a melee weapon on me from now on.

Anyone else have this problem?
yup..i tried that in last hardcore, and hadda alt/f4 ...my arti did pretty much zero damage to those guys

was curious if it was maybe a champ buff? but i think they are just immune to piercing

PURPLETIMB

yup..i tried that in last hardcore, and hadda alt/f4 ...my arti did pretty much zero damage to those guys

was curious if it was maybe a champ buff? but i think they are just immune to piercing
If they were immune to piercing damage you would be getting a to-hit roll and the damage would show as 0 or as immune. In both my and the OP's experience we were getting no client feedback that any of our shots were actually firing.

Col Kurtz

If they were immune to piercing damage you would be getting a to-hit roll and the damage would show as 0 or as immune. In both my and the OP's experience we were getting no client feedback that any of our shots were actually firing.
ooo, thats different/ i definitely got 0's popping w the repeater that time

kmoustakas

Scourge of Xaos
If an enemy - not a player - is in deep water or underwater, weird things happen. They are not made to swim or dive unlike player characters. For example, summons teleport and get healed to full health and mana. Some enemies leash back. Some enemies disappear forever (the kobold boss in moving targets challenge).

I'm guessing you 'swim' in tar even though you can't go underwater.

The_Apocalypse

The Chosen One
As I said, I moved around a bit thinking the same thing, but it still happened when we were all on the islands. Worst part was you have to kill them to get the exit from the pit to open. Betting it was as PURPLETIMB said and un-equipping and re-equipping my bow would have fixed it. Sounds like something SSG would do.