There is still no medium armor option for War or Bladeforged

Chacka

I mean, do you really need me to tell you this? With the new Dark Hunter archetype, it's once again apparent that there's something wrong with the body feats.

I want to clarify that I am not asking for a "personal favor" here. I don't have a preference for which race I play, but I do believe that DDO should be more logical and enjoyable. By suggesting improvements, I hope to help you (SSG) make the game better.

In my opinion, DDO should prioritize logic, and this should also apply to the warforged and bladeforged body feats.

A warforged or bladeforged should have light armor by default (composite plating with 5% spell failure, similar to light armor). From my understanding of D&D, they are supposed to have superior "no armor" options because their normal skin is already a kind of armor.

If they use the Mithral Body feat, it should be considered medium armor (15% spell failure and only 5 dex bonus, similar to normal medium armor). Currently, the game tells us that a "Docent you equip provides armor equivalent to Chainmail," and Chainmail is medium armor in D&D, even if it's "treated as metallic light armor." The point is that Mithral Body should mean the warforged wears medium armor with some advantages compared to normal medium armor. One advantage could be that evasion still works. As a consequence, the current light armor for warforged is the worst light armor in DDO, even though it was in D&D supposed to be superior medium armor compared to what other races use.

Adamant Body could remain basically the same, but notice the fact that a warforged or bladeforged has basically the worst heavy armor option of all races in DDO, even though they need to spend a feat for that (additional costs to get less for something others get for "free"). Here, I would suggest changing the 2/adamantine to a percentage-based damage reduction against physical damage, with the exception of adamantite attacks. How high the % damage reduction is not that important to me. I don't want warforged or bladeforged to be overpowered, but I want this race to be fun to play. One aspect that makes a race fun to play is that it has some unique perks that provide actual advantages compared to other races.

Currently, the body feats that should make warforged and bladeforged better than the rest make them worse.

I am aware that warforged and bladeforged would have the best medium armor option if they're allowed to use evasion in medium armor, but I don't think that's terrible.

However, if you think this is unacceptable, you should at least introduce another body feat that provides the equivalent of medium armor for warforged without enabling evasion.

Currently, warforged and bladeforged are locked out from using the advantages from certain class enhancements, like Underdark Armor or Shape Vestments, and I think this is not acceptable.

Upvote 5

unbongwah

We've been asking for e.g. a Darkwood Body feat which would fill both the medium-armor and non-metal (for WF druids) armor niches for a very long time now - at least since druids came out, probably. It'd also be nice if the WF body options became a free granted feat at level one you could choose, rather than a de facto "feat tax" for every WF/BF toon that wants to upgrade from Composite Plating. While they're at it, they can apply the max DEX bonus scaling of light chain armor to Mithral Body feat as you level, rather than the current hard-capped MDB 5 on Mithral Body; with the same applied to Darkwood Body based on hide armor.

Still hasn't happened, but I'm sure it's on top of their to-do list!

Foaly's_Pub

Rumble Creator and Wiki editor
in regards to WF/BF I agree that they need a Medium armor option as they are the only race that doesn't have that option which doesn't make any sense if you think about it from a DnD perspective as every race had 5 armor types no/robe, light, medium, heavy, and super heavy armor*
you would think armor smiths would make a middle ground.

*though weight per race was subjective