Things to do before turning 20?

Dude

I'm currently at max XP for heroic levels, but haven't leveled up from 19 to 20 yet. I plan to get to 30 to do an epic and heroic TR, but wanted to see if there are things I should do in heroics while I still can. For example, I just finished doing all heroic sagas, but haven't turned any in. Is there anything else like that?

Thank you for your help.

Dude

When I turn in the heroic sagas, if I choose the XP option, will that provide XP for leveling past 20?

FaceDancer

Olde Wurm
I had a character that just starting to dip back into epics and is currently sitting at around level 22 and I'm wrapping up the Vecna II quest chain (which is 18th level but on elite so 20th level). After that I will be going into the Borderlands to start some of those epic chains.
Epic quests here: https://ddowiki.com/page/Epic_quests

Others to consider at lower level epics (not all are epic):

Last edited:

RangerOne

Just to reiterate and make clear what Rabidfox confirmed: take 20. All XP will stop accruing at that level, it does not roll over like previous levels. Then go back and get all your xp buffs and turn in the sagas. I've heard you can hit 24 or 25 this way although I do not have the will power to actually do that myself.

Dude

Just to reiterate and make clear what Rabidfox confirmed: take 20. All XP will stop accruing at that level, it does not roll over like previous levels. Then go back and get all your xp buffs and turn in the sagas. I've heard you can hit 24 or 25 this way although I do not have the will power to actually do that myself.
I just turned in all the heroic sagas. With VIP bonus, the Epic Voice of the Master equipped (+5%), guild bonus (5%), and a 30% XP potion I got to level 21 and more than a full bubble into 22. Other than using a 50% potion, is there something else what would boost the XP more?

seph1roth5

Going to upgrade your Q to things to do before true reincarnating lol.

1 - Hunt gear for your next life. Since you can run heroic stuff at epic, you can zoom through and nab any important gear.
2 - Get any favor-unlocks that persist through TR. Universal enhancement trees, fvs, a +2 tome, etc. If you're close you might want to push a bit to get them before tr-ing, since that resets favor.
3 - Figure out a plan for reincarnating. I suggest going for class completionist first (1 of each class) because it's frontloaded. You get the big reward, completionist, faster than other reincarnation finales. Racial completionist is very powerful, but doing 3 of each race takes a loooong time. You can also mix in an epic life each time really, going 30+->20->1 like you're going to do.
4 - Maybe get some reaper XP. It's much faster at legendary levels, and if you don't mind rando groups, should be able to get a good chunk once you can survive in there (or join a loot-hunting party and they only care if you pass the loot!). Don't have to go crazy or anything but even running ~10 quests each life on legendary R can add up fast.

Wagon

I just turned in all the heroic sagas. With VIP bonus, the Epic Voice of the Master equipped (+5%), guild bonus (5%), and a 30% XP potion I got to level 21 and more than a full bubble into 22. Other than using a 50% potion, is there something else what would boost the XP more?

Is it possible RangerOne was confusing Epic Sagas with heroic Sagas?
I never done epic PL grind, but I hear from everywhere that if you Epic TR and then take the Sagas from your Previous Epic life (which do not reset opposed to heroics) you can reach 24-25.
I however know for a fact that heroic sagas did not even put me over 20 even if I saved up all of them!

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Is it possible RangerOne was confusing Epic Sagas with heroic Sagas?
I never done epic PL grind, but I hear from everywhere that if you Epic TR and then take the Sagas from your Previous Epic life (which do not reset opposed to heroics) you can reach 24-25.
I however know for a fact that heroic sagas did not even put me over 20 even if I saved up all of them!
When people pop up fast like that then it's after an ER and they're getting XP fast from epic/legendary sagas and/or final kills for last tiers of slayers.

Br4d

Definitely do Sentinels of Stormreach and Spies in the House. That's half of the epic saga in Three Barrel Cove.

The interesting question is whether you want to save your sagas for after you ETR to speed up a second ETR before you TR. Alternately you can collect your sagas as you finish them if you have an XP pot running or save them and do them all at once with a pot at 28 to get really close to 30.

Frieling Slyhand

yeah, no reason to delay 20. There are things to do before TRing at 20. collect saga rewards. Make sure you have the house K and coin lords inventory favor. Do legacy chains (House D, House P, LOD and House K chains) to get your 20 tokens of 12 so you don't have to buy your heart of blood or wood. Farm any gear you may want for your next life/class.