This may sound odd

Justfungus

I think that any dungeon that features an unavoidable trap to complete it should have a small warning symbol
on the pop up menu where you pick the dungeon difficulty.
I will try to justify my suggestion.
Some players like to solo but don't like being forced into a blood tribute or trapper build.
I am not suggesting any change to a dungeon, just a warning symbol that basically says, "you can't complete this with dealing with 1 or more traps."
Just the dungeons where you can not skip it.
This would allow solo players who prefer non-trap savvy toons to see at a glance if a dungeon is not likely to be a good fit.
This would also help new players.

Kheledon

I think that any dungeon that features an unavoidable trap to complete it should have a small warning symbol
Some players like to solo but don't like being forced into a blood tribute or trapper build.
I am not suggesting any change to a dungeon, just a warning symbol that basically says, "you can't complete this with dealing with 1 or more traps."
This would allow solo players who prefer non-trap savvy toons to see at a glance if a dungeon is not likely to be a good fit.
That would be nearly all of them. Even The Grotto has an unavoidable trap. :unsure:

Enoach

Can you define what you mean by unavoidable?
I'm trying to think of a quest where a trapper is required because the trap cannot be timed or bypassed.

Sure, there is Crucible with its swim but that is more a hazard vs trap since you can't disable it.

Ahpuch

That seems problematic. If you hit a trap and avoid it but there was no warning when starting, you know that you are on an optinal path. That doesn't seem to be a message that should be sent. And some quests have variable traps so that depending on how they were generated may or may not warrant a warning.

In general traps are not deadly below elite. Invest in reflex saves if needed. Invest in spot so you get warnings before running into them. Most traps have mitigation options. It should not be required to get a warning before starting.

The appropriate warning on every quest should be: there may be traps that will try to kill you.

Sympl

That would be nearly all of them. Even The Grotto has an unavoidable trap. :unsure:
1. Despite the trend of DDO to move more and more to 'solo' friendly game-play, DDO has never and should never be considered to be a game intended to be solo'd.

2a. The ddowiki pretty much lays out all of this information already.

2b. If you don't want to read about the quest before running it, then you probably shouldn't want a warning about traps that you can assume are likely there already. Consistency in achieving that first-time experience should be paramount if that's something you claim to value.

3a. Even in quests where you can 'skip' or avoid a trap......it isn't always obvious, and some of us have only learned about ways to avoid certain ones after playing those same quests for years. Nothing changed...just our knowledge and personal skills...whatever someone showed us or we read about in the forums or ddo wiki, or saw in a youtube video, or just randomly discovered on our own.

3b. I can only imagine the influx of bug reports about "this quest isn't flagged" when it shouldn't be, but they haven't figured that out yet.

4a. A blood tribute or a trapper build isn't the only way to survive "unavoidable" traps. The solution varies build-by-build.

4b. The guaranteed solution is always to bring someone along that can deal with traps. (See bullet point 1.)

To quote one of the earliest "DDO: Stormreach" tv ad spots from back in the early days of the game:

Friends don't let friends play solo.

Justfungus

This game does suffer from a catch 22 situation.

Pretty much all the players here want to see more people play the game.
catch 22
But they practically go into convulsions at the thought of developers spending valuable
time and resources to make the game more inviting to new players instead of pumping out the next
end game content.

Human nature I guess.

Onyxia2016

I can not think of any quests where the main objective is behind an unavoidable trap.
Optional or shortcuts, sure lots of traps there.

Not saying a waring is a horrible idea but do not see the value in knowing their is a trap someplace in this dungeon.
To be on the safe side just assume all dungeons are trapped. There is also the memorization factor. After awhile you just know were the traps are. This is usually imprinted in our brains do to falling victim to them at least once or 20 times. :)

droid327

This seems to assume traps are an impassable barrier to some builds in some quests. They are not.

Even without trapping or huge temp hp, you can deal with traps. That might mean skillful play, being able to time or avoid them. It may be improving gear for a given difficulty, being able to mitigate the damage so it doesn't kill you. It may be knowing when to send hires or pets in as cannon fodder to take the hit for you. I can't think of any quests right now that are just absolutely unable to be completed because of a required trap

And there's always the option, from L9 onwards, of just dying and getting rezzed by your hire on the other side

Traps are part of the basic nature of the game. Just assume they're always there. We don't need trigger warnings for them.

PraetorPlato

Pretty much every trap in the game is avoidable, including the grotto trap. There are a few exceptions, but far less than you might expect...

Lagin

I'm going with a no op. I mainly solo. I buy hirelings, I also get the trap bonus xp, no trapper, no trap bonus

Ahpuch

This game does suffer from a catch 22 situation.

Pretty much all the players here want to see more people play the game.
catch 22
But they practically go into convulsions at the thought of developers spending valuable
time and resources to make the game more inviting to new players instead of pumping out the next
end game content.

Human nature I guess.
This is a false criticism toward the commenters here. Your conclusion that they don't want to help new players doesn't logically follow objections to your idea.

I think the devs should spend time improving things for new players. I just don't think your suggestion actually does that. It reduces the need for players to be prepared and aware and actually reduces the game for them. By removing an aspect of the game it diminishes the game. (IMO, YMMV, etc)

ACJ97F

Heck, I still want to turn OFF the trap warning over my head. We already have multiple alerts. If we needed a cosmetic helm that looked like a
cartoon door, we'd have asked for one. I'll admit I have zero desire to play a trapper seeing that half the time I'm in some of these dungeons.