Thrower feats

Purr

Is there a list of must have thrower feats? I know point blank and improved precise shot and stuff, but is there a combat style set or anything?

unbongwah

There's no combat-style feat chain like SWF, TWF, etc. for ranged toons, if that's what you mean. Precision is the only combat stance which boosts ranged DPS.

The generic feats you'll want: Quick Draw, Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Rapid Shot, Improved Precise Shot, Improved + Overwhelming Critical, Combat Archery, Doubleshot (level 25 ED feat). Simple throwers (i.e., darts or daggers) will also take Simple Thrown Weapon Expertise and Multitude of Missiles; shuriken builds will want Shuriken Expertise and Ten Thousand Stars (requires monk 6), plus at least the 2nd Ninja core enhancements.

saekee

long live ROGUE
It is generally considered a small slice of hell leveling a thrower fyi—quick wrists or whatever it is called (edit: Whirling wrists) in Shiradi is ML 26.
A big game changer is simply Haste so if you cannot self-cast it via spells or Horizon Walker then get ready to shortcut to several stacks of 100 haste potions in your inventory.

Consider also what your offhand weapon will be—a fun aspect of throwers

Purr

It is generally considered a small slice of hell leveling a thrower fyi—quick wrists or whatever it is called (edit: Whirling wrists) in Shiradi is ML 26.
A big game changer is simply Haste so if you cannot self-cast it via spells or Horizon Walker then get ready to shortcut to several stacks of 100 haste potions in your inventory.

Consider also what your offhand weapon will be—a fun aspect of throwers
Is there a generally agreed upon best or better options for off hand options? I'm doing swashbuckling, so orb or buckler

saekee

long live ROGUE
Is there a generally agreed upon best or better options for off hand options? I'm doing swashbuckling, so orb or buckler
There are effects on offhand equipment that proc on the mainhand. You could research that. It will be limited with a buckler—I think maybe at best tendon slice or something.

Fisto Mk I

There are effects on offhand equipment that proc on the mainhand. You could research that. It will be limited with a buckler—I think maybe at best tendon slice or something.
With Alchemical/Legendary Alchemical Crafting here may be much more option: +2 Alchemical to stat, AoE damage, DoT damage or immobilizing effect like Stone Prison and Freezing Ice. ;)

saekee

long live ROGUE
With Alchemical/Legendary Alchemical Crafting here may be much more option: +2 Alchemical to stat, AoE damage, DoT damage or immobilizing effect like Stone Prison and Freezing Ice. ;)
hey that is not a bad idea although in heroics, a tad less enduring in usefulness. I was thinking how monk throwers can use Blade of the Clouds for the AoE proc, or Razorend for 10% tendon slice.

The older ToEE weapons were great for their level range

Fisto Mk I

Blade of the Clouds is good, same as old ToEE weapon, it standard for low-lvl monk-thrower, Razorend not so good because Tendon Slice can be put at other cc gear, like gloves, goggles or trinket. Ideal for low-lvl thrower my be Kundarak Devling /Abishai GoMF +Frozen Tunic, Tendon Slice can be put on same GoMF.
By the way, if you did not know before, two AoE effects with same name don't stacks, so it is better to choose an effect for alchemical crafting for hand-off that is different from what is on your main weapon and vv.

saekee

long live ROGUE
yes the Minor freezing ice stacks with freezing ice so maybe ML4 frozen tunic with the Freezing ice on Alchemical. At least they used to stack.
I have an Earth earth offhand weapon for earthgrab and stone prison; both proc on mainhand although by the teens the DC is a bit weak.

I had a legacy erosive short sword for a thrower years ago.

Fisto Mk I

yes the Minor freezing ice stacks with freezing ice so maybe ML4 frozen tunic with the Freezing ice on Alchemical. At least they used to stack.
I have an Earth earth offhand weapon for earthgrab and stone prison; both proc on mainhand although by the teens the DC is a bit weak.

I had a legacy erosive short sword for a thrower years ago.
NuuuHDS.jpg

:p
I was luck enough to farm Octopus shroom and Freezing Gale is best low-lvl AoE because Will save. 8)

Morodell

I use legendary alchemical orb, the acid AoE damage is not a big one, but proc often, and the acid DoT is very useful with 100% proc rate.
The cold option is also a good one.

Fisto Mk I

I use legendary alchemical orb, the acid AoE damage is not a big one, but proc often, and the acid DoT is very useful with 100% proc rate.
The cold option is also a good one.
All Legendary Alchemical AoE very underwhelming according to level, so take +2 to stat usual much better option. Water and Acid DoT is the best, one can be gained from LMA/LLoB ring and second from off-hand.

Morodell

All Legendary Alchemical AoE very underwhelming according to level, so take +2 to stat usual much better option. Water and Acid DoT is the best, one can be gained from LMA/LLoB ring and second from off-hand.
Maybe, but its still +2 alchemi bonus to stat. My thrower is a wizard, so she has access to Tenser spell, which provide alchemi bonus to Dex (she has dex to attack and dmg) and Con, so I gain more (even its a lil bonus) with the Aoe proc.

saekee

long live ROGUE
I know that the tendon slice on Razorend can be duplicated with other sources of tendon slice BUT the tendon slice on Razorend is 10% and also a legacy version which lasts a very long time (not just a few seconds)
This is not helpful to the OP who is looking at swashbuckling. Just adding it here as a gift to future prosperity lol