Tier 3 Draconic Incarnation bugged ?

lppmor

I chose Shadow (negative) as my Draconic Incarnation bloodline.
And to my surprise, I'm triggering the Core-3 temporary HP (Elemental Blood) when casting Meteor Swarm, which makes no sense.

Any ideas?

J1NG

I can do things others can't...
Were you by chance targeting the ground around the target when you used Meteor Swam?

J1NG

J1NG

Just went in and had a slightly deeper look into this. It appears that it's not just Shadow T3 that's funny. Trying it on my Black Dragon (Acid) also revealed a similar outcome (proc'ing it). However, it looks like only the primary elemental damage effects, and largely a higher proc chance from multi-target/impact spells are more likely to have this happen. Freezing Sphere for example can trigger it on my Black (Acid) Dragon caster. As can Acid Well. And Meteor Swarm and Delayed Blast Fireball.

So if I were to guess, it'll be that this got changed to trigger on any of the elemental triggers, rather than specific ones.

J1NG

J1NG

@J1NG Just to be sure, do negative spells trigger Core 3 on non-shadow-bloodline characters?
Just tried on my Black Dragon Ancestry Draconic Incarnation caster, and used a Palemaster Necrotic Blast, and it triggered the DI T3 temp HP.

So it's not just the primary elements that'll trigger it.

This has raised questions however, so I'm looking to see if Force/Untyped damage will also trigger. Or if it's any of the Heritages that align that trigger it. Back in a mo.

J1NG

The Blonde

Catalogues Bugs
Just tried on my Black Dragon Ancestry Draconic Incarnation caster, and used a Palemaster Necrotic Blast, and it triggered the DI T3 temp HP.

So it's not just the primary elements that'll trigger it.

This has raised questions however, so I'm looking to see if Force/Untyped damage will also trigger. Or if it's any of the Heritages that align that trigger it. Back in a mo.

J1NG
I suspect it'll just be the heritage elements, so force won't proc it. Awaiting results.

J1NG

Confirmed, neither Sonic nor Light damage will trigger the T3 Temp HP. So it has to be of the elements of any of the possible Heritages; Acid, Cold, Electric, Fire, Negative, or Poison (but I was unable to test for confirmation for Poison just now as my Alchemist is on a TR trip and there are no other spells that are purely Poison in damage without something else at the same time that could influence the results).

J1NG