To SSG; The endgame and the mountain we climb

JaynChar2019

Strimtom routinely gets from 1-20 on hardcore (so a new character) in a day. My best for 1-20 (without an Otto's Box) is 7 days, though my average is about a month. It can definitely be done in a day, especially if you are in a speed-run group the entire time.

Edit: Keep in mind that it's actually easier with a brand new character as it only requires 1/2 the experience to go from 1-20.
How many hours a day do you run. We have jobs, a kid and life outside ddo. Strimtom basically plays as his job.

Ethril

How many hours a day do you run. We have jobs, a kid and life outside ddo. Strimtom basically plays as his job.
For that 7 day 1-20, I ran about 8 hours each on Saturday and Sunday and about 2 hours a night during the week. So, about 26 hours.

Jummby

For that 7 day 1-20, I ran about 8 hours each on Saturday and Sunday and about 2 hours a night during the week. So, about 26 hours.
Pots or no pots? VIP? 26 hours to get a life on your toon for a sliver of power is absurd. Almost as absurd of waiting for ottos boxes to be in the DDO store to blow silly money to make a toon stronger.

As this thread goes in alot of directions, I had no idea that it would have this many responses. I also had no idea so many people would come to the Baatezu discord server, to discuss the topic more in depth.

What caused me to write it was that absurd poll asking if we would recommend DDO to a friend.

Cordovan as the original poster of this thread, feel free to close it. If the people at SSG or the people they work for at Daybreak haven't gotten the message by now they never will.

That poll: No one is going to tell their friends to play a game that is almost 20 years old, not properly maintained, and has an exorbitant cost for start up and has turned into pure pay to win.

Last edited:

Ethril

Pots or no pots? VIP? 26 hours to get a life on your toon for a sliver of power is absurd. Almost as absurd of waiting for ottos boxes to be in the DDO store to blow silly money to make a toon stronger.

As this thread goes in alot of directions, I had no idea that it would have this many responses. I also had no idea so many people would come to the Baatezu discord server, to discuss the topic more in depth.

What caused me to write it was that absurd poll asking if we would recommend DDO to a friend.

Cordovan as the original poster of this thread, feel free to close it. If the people at SSG or the people they work for at Daybreak haven't gotten the message by now they never will.

That poll: No one is going to tell their friends to play a game that is almost 20 years old, not properly maintained, and has an exorbitant cost for start up and has turned into pure pay to win.
I may have used a couple of pots, I can't remember. I didn't have one going the entire time though if I had used one, and they weren't the large ones. I have the ship XP buff, I'm VIP, and I have a master's gift. However, it was a character with more than 1 past life, so the XP to level was 2x as high as it would be for a new character.

Jummby

I may have used a couple of pots, I can't remember. I didn't have one going the entire time though if I had used one, and they weren't the large ones. I have the ship XP buff, I'm VIP, and I have a master's gift. However, it was a character with more than 1 past life, so the XP to level was 2x as high as it would be for a new character.
And that's the point....even not using an ottos box to level, maybe you need a pot? You said it was your 2nd life. 3.8 million to level now. Time for more pots.

Even with pots though, and a few years with of time... Will this game even exist if you spend money on pots and boxes by then?

Ethril

And that's the point....even not using an ottos box to level, maybe you need a pot? You said it was your 2nd life. 3.8 million to level now. Time for more pots.

Even with pots though, and a few years with of time... Will this game even exist if you spend money on pots and boxes by then?
People have been crying doom for the game for years and it hasn't happened. It's just FUD.

JaynChar2019

Yeah I and many other folks don't have that much time to dedicate to ddo, generally 2hrs some weekdays and maybe 3-4 weekends but not both days. I have a full time job, a family, cats, a house and a garden to tend. I cook, clean and go shopping. I also like to have some fun outside of the house on weekends and go to festivals, concerts oddmalls and things like that. That's why for folks to tell new players its easy to level is not correct in my opinion. You have no idea how much time they have to dedicate to the game, if they are playing alone or with others, have a guild with buffs, and gear. The grind is different for everyone because everyone is living a diff life and have real life responsibilities that just doesn't allow for a strimtom level up. That guys job is to make youtube content for ddo its what he spends all his time on.

Ethril

Yeah I and many other folks don't have that much time to dedicate to ddo, generally 2hrs some weekdays and maybe 3-4 weekends but not both days. I have a full time job, a family, cats, a house and a garden to tend. I cook, clean and go shopping. I also like to have some fun outside of the house on weekends and go to festivals, concerts oddmalls and things like that. That's why for folks to tell new players its easy to level is not correct in my opinion. You have no idea how much time they have to dedicate to the game, if they are playing alone or with others, have a guild with buffs, and gear. The grind is different for everyone because everyone is living a diff life and have real life responsibilities that just doesn't allow for a strimtom level up. That guys job is to make youtube content for ddo its what he spends all his time on.
I get that. I was mainly just addressing your comment about it being impossible. It's not impossible, it's just impractical for most people.