ToEE part 1 Earth Elemental bug

Zvdegor

Melee Artificer Freak
Bug Report Number:
Everything went fine till our party arrived to the endfight area where you can charm the 4 Earth Elementals with the Club of Dominion (if you have it).
We charmed 3 but the 4th Earth Elemental was behind the barrier, in the same room with the Redname boss.
The Barrier only drops if you kill or charm all 4 Earth Elementals.
Since we werent able to interact with that separated Earth Elemental we couldnt complete the quest cause the barrier did not drop and we werent able to get the Eart key and complete the quest.
New update new bug!
Please fix SSG!

TY!

Onyxia2016

Ran this quest 2 nights ago. The fourth elemental was outside the shield but standing right aganst it. Seemed like it was focused on the red named boss. I walked up behind it and stood there for a few seconds. I got no reaction from it. Once I attacked, it turned around and engaged.

Based on this behavior I could see it getting trapped behind the shield if it was created a second late, giving the elemental time to step inside the shielded area.

Maybe the devs should change its spawn point to get some distance from the shield.

saekee

long live ROGUE
oh wow that must have been a bummer. I wonder how many curses appeared in the party chat.

That sounds like an odd spawn bug.

Fortunately with the quest chain revamp, that quest is now very fast to do. It used to be a chore.

Zvdegor

Melee Artificer Freak
oh wow that must have been a bummer. I wonder how many curses appeared in the party chat.

That sounds like an odd spawn bug.

Fortunately with the quest chain revamp, that quest is now very fast to do. It used to be a chore.
Well I use to run around for chests too so it was like a 20-25 mins run on R4. It's not nice when at the end you cant finish the quest and or loot the chest especially when I farm this quest for boosted goggles :/

Plus1d6

Yeah just ran into this bug as well, a single elemental is inside barrier, named boss is *outside* the barrier and not attackable...after clearing the entirety of the rest of the map

Zvdegor

Melee Artificer Freak
Yeah just ran into this bug as well, a single elemental is inside barrier, named boss is *outside* the barrier and not attackable...after clearing the entirety of the rest of the map
Its a rare bug but its a bug.

Onyxia2016

Only seen this bug a couple of times in countless runs.
Seems like an easy fix would be to set the earth elemental spawn point a little further from the barrier.
Maybe at the end of the ramp leading up to the boss. This should allow the barrier time to form before the elemental get close.

The Narc

Have yet to have this happen to me, but that really sucks!! This needs to be on a list to fix asap, run an entire quest to have it bug at the end is just plain annoying, and could cause newer players to rage quit.

Onyxia2016

I have not tried this but a very situational work around may be to summon a bearded devil in the hopes that it will teleport inside the barrier and kill the elemental, which in turn should drop the barrier. Again, not tested.

This is basically the similar workaround to the quest Law and Order (archon fortress) where the fire wall blocks your path.

Zvdegor

Melee Artificer Freak
I have not tried this but a very situational work around may be to summon a bearded devil in the hopes that it will teleport inside the barrier and kill the elemental, which in turn should drop the barrier. Again, not tested.

This is basically the similar workaround to the quest Law and Order (archon fortress) where the fire wall blocks your path.
It wont work on Legendary levels

Onyxia2016

Meh, who cares about those end games anyway? They can have all the bugs :p

Seriously though, it is definitely not a perfect solution and it may not work for any level. Just tossed it out in hopes it helps someone not feel bummed out when getting to the end of the quest only to abandoned it. Since it is a rare bug no easy way to test it.

Mindos

CHAOTIC EVIL
I wonder if this happens because the boss and/or elementals move around and then spawn on top of each other and get moved over when that happens and then rarely it all happens just right next to the barrier. Or maybe its rarely all mobs randomly spawn in a line and each gets moved over the next and over the barrier.

Zvdegor

Melee Artificer Freak
I wonder if this happens because the boss and/or elementals move around and then spawn on top of each other and get moved over when that happens and then rarely it all happens just right next to the barrier. Or maybe its rarely all mobs randomly spawn in a line and each gets moved over the next and over the barrier.
The prolem is with this bug if you get to the endfight especially at a higher level skull reaper difficulty (which is not easy at all even on r1 for a casual player) to get that must have melee goggles, and then you realise the quest have to reset becaue there is no way to complete it and loot the chest.....

Onyxia2016

Most of the time I see the one elemental standing on the ramp just outside the barrier an seems to be agro on the boss priest. I can walk right up behind the elemental and it would not attack until I hit it. Perhaps the split second before the barrier goes up the elemental moves inside it.

Zvdegor

Melee Artificer Freak
Most of the time I see the one elemental standing on the ramp just outside the barrier an seems to be agro on the boss priest. I can walk right up behind the elemental and it would not attack until I hit it. Perhaps the split second before the barrier goes up the elemental moves inside it.
The Elemental must spawn inside the locked room cause the barrier drops down when you kill or charm all 4 Elementals. No way any of them can walk in.

Onyxia2016

I was not referring to the room barriers. The dome shield that is over the boss that the elementals walk around is what I was referring to.
This is the one that I can walk up behind the elemental that is facing the boss but cannot get to him. It is outside the barrier but wants to get at the boss which leads me to believe it first agro'ed on the boss when first spawned.