Tomb of the Forbidden with hireling

Grimstad

I've never had problems getting a hireling to pull levers for me, but this one has me stymied. I was able to get him to pull the lever on the first pair of levers, but for the life of me couldn't get him to pull the lever on the second pair. Is there a mechanic I'm missing?

I unlocked the levers both times by pulling on it, then stepping back to interrupt the mechanic, parking the hireling, and moving to the other side.

Hobgoblin

depends on where the hire is. make sure they are right by the lever. also make sure there lever is highlighted not the one on your side

Grimstad

depends on where the hire is. make sure they are right by the lever. also make sure there lever is highlighted not the one on your side
Duh lol. I know how to handle a hireling. It's just this singular instance that I can't seem to make it work.

Dragavon

I've never had problems getting a hireling to pull levers for me, but this one has me stymied. I was able to get him to pull the lever on the first pair of levers, but for the life of me couldn't get him to pull the lever on the second pair. Is there a mechanic I'm missing?

I unlocked the levers both times by pulling on it, then stepping back to interrupt the mechanic, parking the hireling, and moving to the other side.
You should have set up a second account with the free quest code, then you would have no need to rely on stupid hirelings anymore for this.

droid327

It usually works, but yeah sometimes the hireling is in a spot where, for no apparent reason, you just cant get them to see or acknowledge the object you want them to interact with

Has it happened multiple times? You can always try summoning them to the second lever, and then running around and try pulling the first one yourself or something

TBH that quest is so annoying and low-value anyway, I wouldnt really bother if it isnt working well for you. At L11 you have plenty of other high-value quests to choose from.

Randomdude1223

Even if you unlock but don't pull, then park your hireling by the lever and run to the other side. How do you get the hirelings to kill everything? because you need to kill everything on both sides before the gate opens.

Xgya

Hirelings are finnicky. Getting them RIGHT by the lever can sometimes help, but even then, not surefire.
If I miss it on one side, I just unlock the second lever, bring the hire there and try again from the other lever.

Grimstad

Ah I wasn't aware of that. Thank you
I want to say it's something like three minutes on the first gate and five minutes on the second gate. In the meantime, you can recall your hireling, go get a snack and wait for the gate to open, then clear the second area.

As a side note, I finally got the hireling to work after many attempts.

And then I went to Tomb of the Tormented. Don't get me started on Tomb of the Tormented. As usual, I tore out what little hair I had left and abandoned the quest.

Xgya

And then I went to Tomb of the Tormented. Don't get me started on Tomb of the Tormented. As usual, I tore out what little hair I had left and abandoned the quest.
I've learned to like Tormented. I'd rather do Torment 4-5 times in a row than having to run Threnal
...except if I didn't have trapping available. THEN it's still the hell it always was.

Grimstad

I've learned to like Tormented. I'd rather do Torment 4-5 times in a row than having to run Threnal
...except if I didn't have trapping available. THEN it's still the hell it always was.
If only fireball and sonic blast worked on the aggressive flesh-eating rats and worgs like they say on youtube

Xgya

If only fireball and sonic blast worked on the aggressive flesh-eating rats and worgs like they say on youtube
It used to. Nowadays, you gotta be even more creative. SOME of the old tricks still work (did it this week with a Strinati's). I know certain spells still go through walls, but the normal culprits no longer do.

Mobius

The fun part is when you have your hire parked & make it to the other side, confirm that the gear is selected, click on the 'Use' icon, and then your hire decides to run off somewhere completely unexpected. This also happens in the Crucible maze, it's maddening.

Buddha5440

i cheat

i either drag my daughters act with me and have them do it or i bully her into running the char
That's it...I'm calling CPS on you (JK, obviously), but seriously, quests that require you to trust the AI of hires SUCK! I've had hires that were standing right next to a lever run 3-4 rooms away before I get the 'that lever is blocked' message.