Tomb of the Shadow Knight, never got spot for one trap

Mindos

CHAOTIC EVIL

On the southern chest, the trap box behind the chest, I never got the spot message. Spot was 40, in on elite on hardcore. Had to search to find it. No trouble spotting anything else. Weird. Spotted the two on the sides no problem.

I actually forgot the box was there and opened the chest and got a nice surprise. :) But, shoulda gotta spot message but didn't, not even moving around and back and forth.

Onyxia2016

Not sure if this is the case in your run but I have searched and had all three show but only saw the two on the sides light up. The one in the back was there but hard to see if standing to far back and the lines only went to the two on the sides.

Now days I just remember it is there and don't even notice if it does not light up when searching.

Mindos

CHAOTIC EVIL
Not sure if this is the case in your run but I have searched and had all three show but only saw the two on the sides light up.
Nah, it didn't ever pop. I set off the trap when I opened the chest and was more surprised that I never spotted it. I then searched and then it showed up.

Onyxia2016

Nah, it didn't ever pop. I set off the trap when I opened the chest and was more surprised that I never spotted it. I then searched and then it showed up.

Wow , that is a new one. Can't say I have ever run across that situation. I will need to remember to pay more attention on my next run through. The trouble with memorizing traps and control boxes in quests, is that you may not notice little bugs like this that would be an issue for someone less familiar or in your case it slipping your mind.

seph1roth5

Are you using auto-search? Was the trap box all on it's own far from other boxes? Auto-search is really wonky when there are multiple boxes. Not sure if there's some internal cooldown or something, but definitely have that issue with multiple boxes.

Onyxia2016

Are you using auto-search? Was the trap box all on it's own far from other boxes? Auto-search is really wonky when there are multiple boxes. Not sure if there's some internal cooldown or something, but definitely have that issue with multiple boxes.
Adding to @seph1roth5 line of thought, auto-search is also at a much lower skill level. I believe it is at a -12 or something like that. It is possible that of the three control panels the one in the back may have a slightly higher DC that puts it just out of reach of the current skill level.

DYWYPI

All the traps within the quest 'Tomb of the Shadow Knight' have a Spot and Search DC of 28 on Elite. You have to trigger some traps first to get their correct Spot value.

Mindos

CHAOTIC EVIL
Are you using auto-search?
No. I spotted the two boxes on the left and right, but not the one at top behind the chest. It was very weird. I haven't had time to look at it, but I wonder if there's either a static bug and that particular trap box is bugged right meow, or maybe there's some very, very rare one off bug that hits.

Alco

IIRC there is one trap box that has a much higher DC and is difficult to spot/search. It isn't necessary to get the optional though.