Tonquin's Lightning Hammer not working

Dvinesword

Last night after a fellow player set his epic destinies back up after the big changes in draconic he decided to go into the macrotechnic tree as he is playing an Arti. After filling tin the tree we ran some quests and he said he didn't think that Tonquin's Lightning Hammer was doin any damage. So we decided to test it and low and behold you would get the animation but not damager numbers and no indication in the combat logs that you had even cast anything.

I decided to test it so I reset my trees and spent the 6 points to get Tonquin's Lightning Hammer and it worked.
So next step I had him do the same thing and it worked.
Then we had him slowly start spending points one at a time in the tree and testing in between until it stopped working. It continued to work until he put 2 point into strike drive and took any of the options in the multi-selector. Once the points were spent Tonquin's Lightning Hammer stopped doing any damage or giving indication it was cast with the exception of the animation.

Anyone else experienced this.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
A few people on the community discord noticed that putting points into drives was breaking the damage on it since the recent update. I assumed they bug reported it. (I also assume the sonic hammer also breaks, but I don't know if any of them tried that)

Dvinesword

A few people on the community discord noticed that putting points into drives was breaking the damage on it since the recent update. I assumed they bug reported it. (I also assume the sonic hammer also breaks, but I don't know if any of them tried that)
We tried both hammers and all three options in strike drive. No matter what as soon as you take something in strike drive the hammers are just pretty video cosmetics.