Trace of Madness item upgradge: your choice

Bheleram

So I've run the Reign of Madness chain, got the mats and now can't really choose between two options for my parasitic breastplate (or maybe mask of vulkoorim, haven't decided this as well). (https://ddowiki.com/page/Altar_of_Insanity)
1) 15 sec displacement on hit (chance)
2) otto's dancing on hit (chance)
Other options do not seem as good except for maybe a +10 to reflex. What would or did you choose?
Proc chances are not listed (ugh) and I low-key think enemies can roll a save for the otto's dance so I'd rather stick with displacement but I wanna hear yall's opinions.

calouscaine

Grouchy Vet
mmm, I'd probably go with the otto's myself. Anything that lets me get in extra dmg via hold, etc. is always good in my book. I think it boils down to your play style though.

Terpilar

I did an upgrade of the Vulkoorim Mask with Solipsism, now mobs targeting me periodically end up standing around confused o_O I like it. Dance probably works similarly.

The Blonde

Catalogues Bugs
I did an upgrade of the Vulkoorim Mask with Solipsism, now mobs targeting me periodically end up standing around confused o_O I like it. Dance probably works similarly.
In my experience (I have Solipsism crafted on the Hunter of the Wilds shortbow) and also according to the effect's in-game description, Solipsism procs on your hits, not when enemies hit you. Are you sure that's what was happening to you? Cause I find it highly unlikely that the effect differs based on what item you craft it on.

Melodic Guard (Mania) & Displacement (Delirium) are indeed guard-procs on the other hand.

Terpilar

In my experience (I have Solipsism crafted on the Hunter of the Wilds shortbow) and also according to the effect's in-game description, Solipsism procs on your hits, not when enemies hit you. Are you sure that's what was happening to you? Cause I find it highly unlikely that the effect differs based on what item you craft it on.

Melodic Guard (Mania) & Displacement (Delirium) are indeed guard-procs on the other hand.
That might be the case. It was on a SWF Rogue Assassin a few lives away, and I wore the heroic version well into epics, what I do remember is it going off quite frequently, surprisingly even on drow in the Estar chain despite their high SR.