tumble skill pause with too much tumble skill

Nickodeamous

I can hear it now...Not another tumble thread.

Sorry, but I am wondering why when you have too much tumble (looks like 36+) you actually "pause" and the dive forward...

To me, it's extremely clunky vs. the smooth roll, which is seamless in terms of animation. When you dive forward, you literally stop running and then "prepare" to tumble, and then dive forward.

Just why is this not as seamless as the less version of roll. asking for a friend.

Nic

Tumble skillMilestone
<1Hops only - no tumble
1Roll a somersault in that direction
10(*)Backward rolls will be about even with the run speed of Haste
31Back flips and sideways dives
35Forward rolls will be about even with the run speed of Haste
36Forward dive

J1NG

I can do things others can't...
My complaint for melee regarding the current Tumble is that once you perform a Tumble of any kind, you are stuck doing nothing else for the 1s duration for the buffs it gives. Casting something is fine, but you can't melee. Only block for that 1s.

Needs fixing.

J1NG

dur

aka Cybersquirt
My complaint for melee regarding the current Tumble is that once you perform a Tumble of any kind, you are stuck doing nothing else for the 1s duration for the buffs it gives. Casting something is fine, but you can't melee. Only block for that 1s.

Needs fixing.

J1NG
Uh.. it's 1.0 seconds.. ???? Merely blocking does not active a charge. (Why do) I feel like I've entered the Twilight Zone. 🙃

*By the time you Tumble, then Block, 1.0 seconds has passed. I would hope (LOLOLOLOLOLOL) the game knows the diff between Block and Tumble.

A stretch these days, I realize.

Toede

These sound like valid complaints to me. That pause also seems to be creating an unintended side effect where sometimes it will eat your second charge and do nothing. Not really sure a pause is really needed at all with a charge system in place. The charges determine how many times you can tumble so why inject an artificial wait period between them? Maybe something they can reconsider when they revisit.

dur

aka Cybersquirt
These sound like valid complaints to me. That pause also seems to be creating an unintended side effect where sometimes it will eat your second charge and do nothing. Not really sure a pause is really needed at all with a charge system in place. The charges determine how many times you can tumble so why inject an artificial wait period between them? Maybe something they can reconsider when they revisit.
The pause should have NEVER BEEN A THING. SSG Introduced.. well.. I know there was a exploit and all it took was 1 point of tumble and EPIC effect. First Skill on charges. WTG SSG. Way to bring down the NERFHAMMER and KILL MANY CLASSES AT ONCE.

cooloyo

The pause should have NEVER BEEN A THING. SSG Introduced.. well.. I know there was a exploit and all it took was 1 point of tumble and EPIC effect. First Skill on charges. WTG SSG. Way to bring down the NERFHAMMER and KILL MANY CLASSES AT ONCE.
lol chill dude