tumble's bugged

J1NG

I can do things others can't...
It appears from what my quick tests show, that during the initial Tumble it stalls the character avatar and you are unable to perform any other action until the 1 second of buffs it applies is over. However, the Tumble action still triggers/counts during this "stall" and subsequently you lose the second Tumble charge.

J1NG

Reactions: Eme

seph1roth5

Not liking this new tumble system at all. It sounded promising at first but 1 sec is incredibly difficult to be useful. Not to mention it completely guts tumbling in town. Please remove/super speed up charges in public places.

I went to cogs, took off all my gear, and let some enemies wail on me. Even with 3-4 guys on me, their attacks were so sparodic and spread out (they would randomly circle around, or back up and throw knives) that I couldn't really utilize the dodge bonus. The character sheet also doesn't show the dodge increase so I'm not sure if it's even working. Your "effective hp" definitely goes up, but I tried it a ton and was still getting hit a lot. It wasn't the best tester because my alchy has perma shield and invisibility guard. Even though they could see me (red eyes) I was still getting hit a TON, even when the dodge bonus was theoretically up. Definitely didn't feel like 95% dodge.

Also, the graphic system is very bad. Having to block to see tumble charges, and no way of seeing how long before you get one back unless you want to keep track of another buff amongst the pile.

Can we please make this some sort of toggleable feat? And when you hotbar it it'll show you how many charges you have, and the cooldown could show when it recharges.

Blerkington

Wasn't the idea that it would add a short-term bonus to dodge? What I'm seeing instead is the bonus applies to our reflex save and nothing added to dodge.

Hireling

I have not relied on tumble for movement for a very long time.
Is there a way to do it without shift and directional?
Like a hot key?
I suppose I could remap the block button (I have a 12 button MMO mouse) and use standard movement keys?

J1NG

The Dodge Bonus is being appllied. However, if you just mouse over whilst you trigger it will not update. You will need to mouse over after the Tumble action has taken place in order to see the Dodge bonus added. Well, I have not tested if it's actually applying, but it's certainly showing up.

J1NG

Blerkington

The Dodge Bonus is being appllied. However, if you just mouse over whilst you trigger it will not update. You will need to mouse over after the Tumble action has taken place in order to see the Dodge bonus added. Well, I have not tested if it's actually applying, but it's certainly showing up.

J1NG
Yep you're right about this. It just doesn't update dynamically on the character sheet if you are already moused over it.

Mindos

CHAOTIC EVIL
Was all this worth it SSG? You stopped the super fast tumbling movement. But look at what it cost you. Some players want to just tumble, not concerned with fast movement, and now they can't. Other's report problems with the dodge, the choppiness, the worthlessness of it all.

Was it worth it? Is this better than just letting the fast tumble go on? Did you really make the game better? More funner? You saved us from those evil speedy players. Do you ever step back and look at the big picture? What a horrible tradeoff.

J1NG

lol roll back? Lol
Think that might be a bit difficulty. I don't think they have a positive modifier for their Tumble skill. 🤣

Their Diplomacy skill was.... Lets just say, had a low roll on the D20. If you could read what was said, you'll be doing a Picard Facepalm if not a Picard/Riker Facepalm... 🤨

J1NG

J1NG

What's interesting is this:

If you're a caster, when you Tumble, you can immediate perform a spell action before the 1s duration is up.

But if you're melee. You need to WAIT for all 1s to finish before you can attack again. You can block, but can't perform any attacking action.

🤨

J1NG

Toblakai

I really don't like this change to tumble. I like to just tumble around town or while waiting for some NPC dialog to finish. Or just to do flips. I could care less about the speed boost or the bonus to dodge, I just like to tumble. Can this just be reverted to the original tumble from before the experimental stuff happened?

AMess

why is a little bit of run speed with tumble a bad thing...seriously, you could roll pure rouge/bard plus 1 barb, or a monk, & then put them in Grand Master of Flowers, and maybe even make the race Tabaxi and you'd end up with a run speed of around...oh, insanely fast!

tumble doesn't add much and for those who want to over-use it, well, it just looks silly.

kindly asking: how does the last iteration of tumble negatively impact game play? Or another way of asking could be, does the current implementation improve the game for some?

I suspect this was meant to add to the tumble experience and I get the intent, but tumble counters seem counter productive to the game experience.

and hey, since this is experimental, hopefully they'll keep tinkering :) hopefully in the next hot-patch?!?!?