Tumbling backwards uses charge?? probably shouldn't...

Nickodeamous

So, i get that we only have a few charges for tumbling...BUT...I don't think we should spend charges when tumbling backwards. this is mainly used when in combat. Nobody is going to run backwards and tumble.

Can we remove the use of charges when tumbling backwards please?

Thanks,
Nic

Nickodeamous

You say that... but someone out there would. hahah

The new tumble charge system feels clunky and weird still. Lots of use cases from the old system that are now no longer usable.
I personally never had any issues with sonics running around. to each their own, but now, if i use my charges, then get in a battle, I am SOL when actually needing tumble. but in all seriousness, SSG should at least remove the backwards tumble charges. (and at the very least, reduce cooldown for tumbles to like 4 seconds)

I honestly don't understand your logic here, a backwards tumble makes sense for any ranged dps players. Most of the time I'm tumbling it's a backflip so I can widen the distance and dodge a melee hit and keep attacking. How does that make less sense then tumbling towards what is trying to kill me or turning around tumbling forwards and then turning back towards the enemy?

Nickodeamous

I honestly don't understand your logic here, a backwards tumble makes sense for any ranged dps players. Most of the time I'm tumbling it's a backflip so I can widen the distance and dodge a melee hit and keep attacking. How does that make less sense then tumbling towards what is trying to kill me or turning around tumbling forwards and then turning back towards the enemy?
what I am saying is that if you use your charges tumbling forward and you are in that 8 second window where you cant tumble, you cant tumble backwards...which is bad...so SSG should not prevent one from tumbling backwards...ever. so, you as a ranged don't get caught up in not being able to do it. does that help?

Alco

So, i get that we only have a few charges for tumbling...BUT...I don't think we should spend charges when tumbling backwards. this is mainly used when in combat. Nobody is going to run backwards and tumble.

Thanks,
Nic

Since the whole point of tumble is to avoid getting hit in combat this is going to have to be a hard NO. The ability to move very fast while tumbling was a mistake and now it has been fixed. Stop whining for the mistake to come back.

canicus

Thanks,
Nic
I think you are forgetting about the defensive bonuses that come from tumbling. I am playing an archer right now and I tumble backwards all the time to get the dodge bonus. I think the charges are fine the way they are

Toede

Thief acrobat doesn't really work with the old tumble. I can't imagine playing that build with the original tumble. Just about the only class that I use tumble the way the original works is shield tanks and even then I still have the experimental on.

Nickodeamous

The ability to move very fast while tumbling was a mistake and now it has been fixed. Stop whining for the mistake to come back.
I have no skin in this game. I actually can care less. I never even use tumble backwards or forwards, nor was I even upset when they added it and then took it away. For me it was just clunky with the charges and I thought maybe rolling backwards was not even a thing. I guess it is. Oh well.

Nickodeamous

I think you are forgetting about the defensive bonuses that come from tumbling. I am playing an archer right now and I tumble backwards all the time to get the dodge bonus. I think the charges are fine the way they are
ah, that makes sense. yeah, I just looked at it mechanically. thanks! (again, I just find it clunky) lol

droid327

Now that we're stuck with charges, tumble shouldn't interrupt archers focus stacking like regular movement does

dur

aka Cybersquirt
We can get Vorpal @ CR1 now, ffs. I think a backwards tumble should NOT count as change/charge.. It CERTAINLY shouldn't if devs insist on keeping this monstrosity.

dur

aka Cybersquirt
You say that... but someone out there would. hahah

The new tumble charge system feels clunky and weird still. Lots of use cases from the old system that are now no longer usable.
Considering that's how tumble became what it is I cannot laugh.. thought the thought of the graphic does give me a giggle.

And "clunky," yeah, that's the less abrasive term.

canicus

We can get Vorpal @ CR1 now, ffs. I think a backwards tumble should NOT count as change/charge.. It CERTAINLY shouldn't if devs insist on keeping this monstrosity.
I use the extra reflex saves all the time to roll out of trapped situations (Maze of Madness, Crucible as specific examples) if the bonuses are conferred, and I personally do use the bonuses going backwards, the charges should be there.

I understand if you don't like the new system, but as long as the defensive bonuses are given, the charges are needed. No one should have access to massive amounts of uncapped dodge for free.

dur

aka Cybersquirt
I use the extra reflex saves all the time to roll out of trapped situations (Maze of Madness, Crucible as specific examples) if the bonuses are conferred, and I personally do use the bonuses going backwards, the charges should be there.

I understand if you don't like the new system, but as long as the defensive bonuses are given, the charges are needed. No one should have access to massive amounts of uncapped dodge for free.
Do you really use it all the time now? It has a 1.0 second duration with a 8 second/charge duration, and 3-4 charges, but you're using it all the time? 1.0 second duration is NOT "massive." omg Especially when you consider lag and all the other things that have to come together to make that 95% dodge at 1.0 seconds make me hope I have a toon with Shadow Walk. 💩

How is this awesome, again?

Last edited: