Tumbling was nerfed too hard

Tumble

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AMess

From the Staff Tracker Cordovan wrote that they are looking into Tumble.

The way the poll is written is to heavily biased to provide actionable data.

I loathe the current tumble implementation. I formerly enjoyed tumbling a bit while waiting for the group to form or as a way to say hi to fellow tumblers, or as a celebration after a fight, now it's dreadfully slow from a stand still and feels like it's being done underwater. The charges are too slow.

I think SSG could win a bunch of good will by simply reverting it back to the original implementation of tumble. Or if they wanted to appease most (IMO), they could simply revert it back to the last implementation.

Wini

I would completely revert the changes to before Experimental Tumble as well... and for me the position comes from playing a pure Thief Acrobat for years where using Tumble in combat was semi constant but Tumble to run down a hallway faster was never a thing. There just aren't enough charges even as a TA now to use the skill as a TA is meant to in combat and sometimes there is some weird little delay hiccup on my end that means whatever 1 second buff new tumble gets is offset by a momentary pause in what I'm trying to do. Getting stuck in blocking I'm used to, that's been going on for years but in the new tumble/charge system its causing additional issues. It seems okay for non TAs to get through traps though if you can time it right.

Idk. For the time being my TA is yet another character I've set aside because it feels less fun to play after U66.
My feelins after some testing are the same.

I've been using tumble for like 10 years, just evading big mobs when I was in danger, while my hirelings or party members could help me out. Now, tumble is useless for this and the charge system feels like a punishment to this playstyle.

Idk how to feel... my biggest bet is they could have removed experimental tumble and let the skill as It was for so many years.

EinarMal

I've been using tumble for like 10 years, just evading big mobs when I was in danger, while my hirelings or party members could help me out. Now, tumble is useless for this and the charge system feels like a punishment to this playstyle.

Idk how to feel... my biggest bet is they could have removed experimental tumble and let the skill as It was for so many years.

I liked the experimental tumble over the original pre-change. If they did not like the speed of it why not just cap the speed up? It makes no sense to go down this weird path of charges and pauses etc...just cap the stupid thing at 30% run speed or maybe slightly faster.

I do think the current game is very unequal, if you run with people with wings/sprint boosts you pretty much HAVE to include that in the build or you will simply not be able to keep up.

It gave builds without access to wings some way to at least somewhat keep up.

dur

aka Cybersquirt
Maybe treat it like fvs leap? 2 sec recharge in town?
Having read the lamannia thread (but mainly talking to a player, irl) there was a way to exploit movement in EPIC.

Having played this game, I see what happens when devs get a whif of exploit - card cruncher, uhm.. IDK, several things.. I always learn about this stuff after the fact.

I just know that a base skill was modified SO dramatically and I'm still speechless. It's "funny," reading back on the range of arguments for nerf ..

erethizon1

I am fine with them making tumble a little slower than running and giving it a large number of charges (maybe even unlimited). Tumbling is not faster than running in real life or we would see it in Olympic sprinting.

Airmaiden

some classes and epic destinies SHOULD have more charges added (IE Thief acrobat, Shadow dancer, all monk trees)

Redtalktree

+1000

for fun, I built a toon with 35 tumble. Still takes falling damage.. :ROFLMAO:
Taking falling damage - which tumble is supposed to/always used to mitigate - where I never took fall damage before. 👎
rather prefer that SSG just give+1 charge every 10 tumble skill points, if you want more charges extra just put points into tumble and max out that skill, then you can get enhancements/quality/insightful et al instead of the current snafu

Xaerxiessia

Lost in Translation
I would completely revert the changes to before Experimental Tumble as well... and for me the position comes from playing a pure Thief Acrobat for years where using Tumble in combat was semi constant but Tumble to run down a hallway faster was never a thing. There just aren't enough charges even as a TA now to use the skill as a TA is meant to in combat and sometimes there is some weird little delay hiccup on my end that means whatever 1 second buff new tumble gets is offset by a momentary pause in what I'm trying to do. Getting stuck in blocking I'm used to, that's been going on for years but in the new tumble/charge system its causing additional issues. It seems okay for non TAs to get through traps though if you can time it right.

Idk. For the time being my TA is yet another character I've set aside because it feels less fun to play after U66.

+1
I was not exploiting the skill to move faster, but to pull mobs while under 'Cloack of the Night'.
Now it's almost useless. I have to switch between 'hide' & 'Tumble' to be able to keep the distance. Relying only on tumble , the mobs get on me without even running and spot me.
It's a pain. The Devs just broke my play-style.
They should have , at most , just nerfed it to be able move as fast as running ( +15% ~ +30% base speed) and let it usable.

Shambhala

Charges and recharge time should be based on invested skill points.
2 charges 10secs is fine if you only took 1 skillpoint.

A rogue with 23 points in it should have at least 5 charges with 5 seconds recharge time. Regardless of feats and enhancements.
I liked this idea, a lot in fact.
Skill points should improve more than tumbling range / tumbling speed. Should be something like if you have 100 tumbling skill you should archive 5 charges. Or something like this...

Shambhala

But i have a question for you all,

You guys tumbled for speeding up and make the game quicker in some aspects, right? Because i didn't see anyone tumbled to "move away from danger"

But what if:

• How about taking away the movement speed cap;
    • Maybe about 15% faster;
  • New dashing mechanism (like spring attack like, not charge like);
    • Something grafic better than abduant step or rogue's vaunt
  • tbd

Archaic

+1000

for fun, I built a toon with 35 tumble. Still takes falling damage.. :ROFLMAO:
Taking falling damage - which tumble is supposed to/always used to mitigate - where I never took fall damage before. 👎
The Tumble changes is definitely the enemy.

Joanna Drecas

You guys tumbled for speeding up and make the game quicker in some aspects, right? Because i didn't see anyone tumbled to "move away from danger"

I did. Most of my characters are kind of fragile, because I don't like to grind past lives, so their PRR is low. So I relied heavily on tumble to evade enemies in combat, and it worked beautifully. Now my entire playstyle has been scrapped, and I am one unhappy camper.
This change, to me, has been the absolute worst thing to happen to the game, ever.
I really don't feel like playing anymore. I do, but it's mostly out of a habit right now, but there is no fun in it for me anymore.
I find myself looking for a new game to move onto.