U60 Lamannia Preview 3: Expansion Pack Loot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thor

Looking for a New Love
I don't really get all the seperate save augments... we have resistance items and augments. Is there something we're all missing? And that goes for the insightful saves on some of the armor pieces... some of which have both parrying and an insightful save that subsequently does nothing. I just swing a big hammer though, and these things confuse me :) I'd like to see these seperate save augments replaced by insightful or quality stat bonuses. The other augments are really nice.

Kyrr

Just to get it out of the way for this and future previews: Beyond this post, any posts that insinuate that a change they don't like is because we somehow dislike the build involved will not get a response from me. There's plenty of good feedback in these threads that doesn't do this, and we can have better dialogue if people don't immediately lead in bad faith.

Gathering feedback from a variety of sources last preview, the overall feedback we'd gotten was:
  • The Tank set should be better (with very limited concrete suggestions as to what people wanted to improve it with)
  • There is a desire for more %-Bonus-to-Maximum-Hit-Point sources in sets
This was a push to hit both of those. The +75 (non-percentage) bonus to Maximum Hit Points won't be returning for balance reasons, and the numbers in the sets for these effects are heavily standardized on our end (meaning bumping the value of % HP here is out of the question).

Beyond that though, we're flexible and open to what could change in this set. Like I often say, don't just tell us you don't like a thing: Tell us what you'd like to see instead. That's where a lot of the changes in this preview came from.
I was being super sarcastic and rude in my comment, and I apologize for that.
Looking at the set bonus, there's not a lot of a reason to fight if either the non percentage hit points aren't coming back-or the percentage isn't being increased. Guardians is a bit broken, I must admit. But even if you slot elemental absorption from Guardian onto Armaments, there's not a lot of a reason to use the set at all.

There's not a lot of tank stats that could be placed onto the set bonus to begin with, you could entirely replace the armor class percentage and give it a flat +20 or +10 non percentage %typed bonus to armor class, that would really initiate flavor into trying to customize gear pieces. But as far as tank sets go, there's no reason to swap from Guardian-and NOT run 6 piece legendary green steel for 21% hit points. The incentive on raising the maximum hit points to +15% is to absolutely combat the problem with Legendary Green Steel and getting people to run that long and laggy raid.

You could consider trying to slot +3 Artifact Bonus to Constitution in that set bonus to argue a fight against using the 3 piece augment set that tanks are using. A lot of tanks, even first lifers, don't need the saves or fortification because they should be pulling numbers that are solid and don't need improvement.

Imagine a Fighter walking around with 6 piece greensteel for 21% bonus to hit points and Guardian of the Gates because it's the most viable. But if you raise the legendary bonus to hit points to 15%, you've got a reason to fight the want for 6 piece greensteel. The balance is hard, but those items even provide decent stats, the bonuses to saves-and elemental resistances make Legendary Greensteel incredibly wanted.

Or how about replacing the percentage to hit points, and adding the "Curse Immunity" effect like from Unyielding Sentinel or the Heart of Suulomades?
Or have an option instead of Elemental Absorption, and replace it with Alignment Absorption?

Last edited:

Thor

Looking for a New Love
How about quality and profane combat mastery augments? I really struggle on my strength tempest ranger to get good tactical dc values. Some augments for this would be much appreciated. Thanks.

MSC

On The Traveling Flow, since the bulwark armor has freedom of movement, maybe put quality perform instead of fom on The Traveling Flow?

Arkat

Founder & Super Hero
SteelStar,

For the Runearms, may I humbly suggest that if you're going to have Insightful spellpower types on them, that you please consider changing the various Lores to Insightful Lores (Insightful Acid Lore, Insightful Lightning Lore, etc.) instead?

Spook

Not being open to change the % hp means a conversation is a non starter. hp tanks are going to continue to use LGS as the percentage is bigger. You could consider artifact bonus to alignment absorption. This wouldnt replace existing sets but could find a niche with certain raids.

Morodell

Some items would be good for those who dont have IoD. Dino sets need raid item(s) and ingredients, so getting sets from the 5 quests here is esier for players not running raids. (i think there is no raid in this mini expansion?)

DBZ

These sets were flexible for crafting last round we just haven't seen any of that yet

kentos9

Universal spellpower values are still off on the Legendary Vol, Shadow and Devourer sets comparing to previous expansions - Feywild Autumn set, Wrath of Sora Kell set and Dread Tanaroa and Sacrarium sets all had +25 universal spellpower, while all three new sets have +15.
Is this correct or a mistake?

Also, +5 universal spellpower on heroic versions of these sets at level 18 makes absolutely zero sense - Wrath of Sora Kell has +20 universal spellpower as a three piece set at level 11 - four times higher and seven levels lower. (edit: Ravenloft Beacon of Magic is also +20 universal at level 10)
In my opinion heroic sets should have +20 artifact universal (or at least +15 if it is meant to have a smaller bonus) and legendary sets +25 as all other sets in game.

Forbidden set has +15 profane universal at 5 piece legendary and that matches with previous sets (ravenloft for example), so it should stay as is - only the artifact typed sets are an issue.

SpartanKiller13

Can the individual save augments be at least +14? Given there's +11 Resistance augs available, and +10 Resistance is a purchasable augment, it needs to be a step up to make using multiple augment slots a viable option. 3-4 extra saves might be worth it, especially if some of your saves are already autofail or autosuccess.

Or could they be +12 and +3 Quality? Quality saves aren't super common, and that way you'd have a great aug if you have Parrying or Insightful Resistance elsewhere. Or even +12 and +6 Insightful, although that'd be a lot less useful for this pack's loot. As it stands though, those Named Augments don't seem worthy of the effort invested in their creation (and art assets). I don't have enough spare augment slots to be using three for such small gains, and I imagine I'm not alone.

Can the Heroic tank set also be +10%? When giving a flat number, Heroic needs to be smaller than Legendary obviously; but as a percentage it's multiplying your existing stats, which already are low to start by comparison. As it stands it's basically like slotting False Life, not "I have a good set bonus" in the same way that Heroic Part of the Family feels as great to equip as Legendary PotF. Like a 700 HP heroic character getting +35 HP vs a 6k legendary character getting +600 just doesn't even feel comparable lol.

Thor

Looking for a New Love
Some items would be good for those who dont have IoD. Dino sets need raid item(s) and ingredients, so getting sets from the 5 quests here is esier for players not running raids. (i think there is no raid in this mini expansion?)
I think there is a raid.

LeoLionxxx

Lion of Orien
New Minor Artifacts:

artifact2.png
Not about the item itself, more a general note about set bonuses:

I really like incremental set bonuses like these, but looking at this it's like a wall of text. It's hard for my brain to parse the 3 sections apart. Maybe due to the alignment and the fact it's all white text? Maybe due to all the lines leading with either a * or a +?

Maybe some indentation or lines next to the sections could help break up the wall of text. I don't have much of a solid suggestion.

HastyPudding

Spoony Bard
On The Traveling Flow, since the bulwark armor has freedom of movement, maybe put quality perform instead of fom on The Traveling Flow?
Yeah, I don't understand the FoM on the item. It's fairly bard-themed, as it is, and bards already get the FoM spell and perma FoM song.

Vox

Thanks for putting in temperance of spirit.

I think the tank set needs a bit more time in the oven.

Ideally it needs to be more attractive than GoTG at base 3pc & with an appropriate opportunity cost, and be expandable (hidden extra set bonus?) with additional gear to make it even more attractive.

EG base set as is
+ shield = artifact ac bonus
+ bracers = artifact elemental absorb
+ gloves = curse ward
etc

And each item for the extra set = +1% to legendary hp total.

(Can't remember what the set currently is, sorry if I doubled up).

Please also add in lv 32 spell lore, insightful spell power, & insightful stat augs.

Rhinoceross

I was being super sarcastic and rude in my comment, and I apologize for that.
Looking at the set bonus, there's not a lot of a reason to fight if either the non percentage hit points aren't coming back-or the percentage isn't being increased. Guardians is a bit broken, I must admit. But even if you slot elemental absorption from Guardian onto Armaments, there's not a lot of a reason to use the set at all.

There's not a lot of tank stats that could be placed onto the set bonus to begin with, you could entirely replace the armor class percentage and give it a flat +20 or +10 non percentage %typed bonus to armor class, that would really initiate flavor into trying to customize gear pieces. But as far as tank sets go, there's no reason to swap from Guardian-and NOT run 6 piece legendary green steel for 21% hit points. The incentive on raising the maximum hit points to +15% is to absolutely combat the problem with Legendary Green Steel and getting people to run that long and laggy raid.

You could consider trying to slot +3 Artifact Bonus to Constitution in that set bonus to argue a fight against using the 3 piece augment set that tanks are using. A lot of tanks, even first lifers, don't need the saves or fortification because they should be pulling numbers that are solid and don't need improvement.

Imagine a Fighter walking around with 6 piece greensteel for 21% bonus to hit points and Guardian of the Gates because it's the most viable. But if you raise the legendary bonus to hit points to 15%, you've got a reason to fight the want for 6 piece greensteel. The balance is hard, but those items even provide decent stats, the bonuses to saves-and elemental resistances make Legendary Greensteel incredibly wanted.

Or how about replacing the percentage to hit points, and adding the "Curse Immunity" effect like from Unyielding Sentinel or the Heart of Suulomades?
Or have an option instead of Elemental Absorption, and replace it with Alignment Absorption?
awesome post btw
i really hope some of these ideas (or all of them lol) will be implemented in this new gear, lots of neat and practical stuff u talked about. now i dont play tanks, but ive been around a while and all of this makes perfect sense :)

more variety in gearing makes this game even more fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.