U60 Lamannia Preview 3: Expansion Pack Loot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cashery

The Tank set
Beyond that though, we're flexible and open to what could change in this set. Like I often say, don't just tell us you don't like a thing: Tell us what you'd like to see instead.

Ideally any tank set should have some of the following artifact bonuses:

3 piece- 4 bonuses
5 piece- 5 bonuses
7 piece- 6 bonuses

+30 Artifact Bonus to PRR/MRR (keep these together)
+30 Artifact Bonus to Healing, Repair, Negative Amp
+10% Legendary Bonus to Maximum Hitpoints
+100% Artifact Bonus to Threat Generation
+15% Artifact Bonus to AC
+3 Artifact Bonus to Constitution
+10% Artifact Bonus to Fire, Cold, Acid and Electric Absorption
+10% Artifact Bonus to Missile Deflection

Most tanks will run Guardian of the Gates Set coupled with 6 piece Legendary Greensteel for Hitpoints.

Personally, I thought the Feywild Winter set was amazing for tanks as it was a 7 piece set getting most of the bonuses above, that with the artifact being duo seasonal allowed to me to do 7 piece winter, 2 piece summer, 2 piece spring. getting all but he 10 Artifact bonus to absorption. And was still able to slot a 3 piece augment set.

I do believe another 7 piece set should come around each time the level cap increases as this is the best time for tanks to get some really good gear with higher stats on them, also allowing them to hit most of the artifact bonuses listed above.

One other thought... Allow all minor artifacts that are lower than level 29 and below be able to be perfected to level 30 with Nebula shard. Just adding a 4th filigree slot and nothing else adjusted.

Last edited:

Ying

5000+ hours played
if 95% of bonuses are also available as augments whats the Point of Having actual stuff on the items?
at that Point u could also Just make every item a blank with 6 Augment slots and gg
Set bonuses are the starting point for gear tetris.

And as you've noted, the number of augment slots is limited. Which means you can't augment everything you want. Augments provide gear customization that allows more gearsets to be explored, not fewer. With nearly limitless combinations of character classes with off-the-wall combinations, that's a good thing.

Baahb3

If you want something new on Tank gear, how about bringing damaging guards back, but have the damage scale off of PRR or AC even. Not sure what the base damage should be but if the damage scales, I at least would look at slotting that gear.

And don't scale off of Melee Power. That is one of the things I hate about US and the scaling off of MP for its abilities. I am a tank. I don't really care about MP.

DBZ

I wish we could get a new style Draconic soul augment maybe from the raid

Elemental resistances are handy now that shrines are gone and very rare to come buy

Cashery

If you want something new on Tank gear, how about bringing damaging guards back, but have the damage scale off of PRR or AC even. Not sure what the base damage should be but if the damage scales, I at least would look at slotting that gear.

And don't scale off of Melee Power. That is one of the things I hate about US and the scaling off of MP for its abilities. I am a tank. I don't really care about MP.

That would be nice, have the damage scale of threat modifier.

Lorrgar

DDO Official Troubadour
In regards to tanks, I like the idea of a flat bonus per level with an additional bonus if in a specific destiny mantle (such as Macrotechnic or Unyielding). Something like 5 or 10 HP per level and double if in XX destiny mantle. Additionally, if in a specific mantle get something special such as immunity to slippery surfaces, whirlwind immunity, hamstring immunity and/or a small effect like the diefic warding destiny feat.

I am glad we can get Hamstring ward :cool: in the snowpeaks fliagrees and I think many tank builds would appreciate having this. If you went the 5 HP per level bonus that would equal 160 HP at level 32. Double this for specific destiny mantles. You could even make the choices of the immunities I list above dependent upon other characteristics of builds for flavor.

Additionally, adding some benefit like diefic warding to a set that stacks with the feat would be of great benefit to tanks. You could say +1 PRR/MRR with each hit and stacks up to 10 times or you could double the bonus when taken along with the Deific Warding feat for a total of +4 MRR/PRR stacking up to 10 times for 40 PRR/MRR max.

Another thought would be to add to dodge cap for tanks by being in specific mantles.

I have also thought about some type or set bonus or feat that allows you to temporarily gain PRR/MRR equal to 100% or 50% of your Constitution score for a short period of time.

A feat that could somehow be incorporated into the Machrotechnic destiny might be
"My rune arm, my shield" which allows Macrotechnics to use the shield mastery feats while using a rune arm. Although they would not gain the benefits of additional W damage with the shield they would gain the benefits of PRR and MRR.

I like the idea of stacking benefits for many builds. For example, the tactician fighter feats or shield mastery feats. This allows players to focus on something specific and by doing so they get a special or extra benefit. I like the way you have incorporated heroic feats into destiny mantles and this is an incentive for players to pick some feats they normally would have never chosen (Luck of Heroes, for example).

I dont Like gimps

Set bonuses are the starting point for gear tetris.

And as you've noted, the number of augment slots is limited. Which means you can't augment everything you want. Augments provide gear customization that allows more gearsets to be explored, not fewer. With nearly limitless combinations of character classes with off-the-wall combinations, that's a good thing.
It certainly is great to embrace/enable DDO's "a bazillion possible builds" cough cough BOGW wolf cough cough or to ease builds that have unfavorable Main stats but something about Quality augments just feels wrong IMO
would these augments save me a lot of sanity? yes certainly but something Just feels wrong about "easing" or lets say make gearing More pluralistic (even tho the Pluralistic aspect is positive it somehow feels wrong maybe my head is just ****ed)

Reactions: DBZ

Kyrr

In regards to tanks, I like the idea of a flat bonus per level with an additional bonus if in a specific destiny mantle (such as Macrotechnic or Unyielding). Something like 5 or 10 HP per level and double if in XX destiny mantle. Additionally, if in a specific mantle get something special such as immunity to slippery surfaces, whirlwind immunity, hamstring immunity and/or a small effect like the diefic warding destiny feat.

I am glad we can get Hamstring ward :cool: in the snowpeaks fliagrees and I think many tank builds would appreciate having this. If you went the 5 HP per level bonus that would equal 160 HP at level 32. Double this for specific destiny mantles. You could even make the choices of the immunities I list above dependent upon other characteristics of builds for flavor.

Additionally, adding some benefit like diefic warding to a set that stacks with the feat would be of great benefit to tanks. You could say +1 PRR/MRR with each hit and stacks up to 10 times or you could double the bonus when taken along with the Deific Warding feat for a total of +4 MRR/PRR stacking up to 10 times for 40 PRR/MRR max.

Another thought would be to add to dodge cap for tanks by being in specific mantles.

I have also thought about some type or set bonus or feat that allows you to temporarily gain PRR/MRR equal to 100% or 50% of your Constitution score for a short period of time.

A feat that could somehow be incorporated into the Machrotechnic destiny might be
"My rune arm, my shield" which allows Macrotechnics to use the shield mastery feats while using a rune arm. Although they would not gain the benefits of additional W damage with the shield they would gain the benefits of PRR and MRR.

I like the idea of stacking benefits for many builds. For example, the tactician fighter feats or shield mastery feats. This allows players to focus on something specific and by doing so they get a special or extra benefit. I like the way you have incorporated heroic feats into destiny mantles and this is an incentive for players to pick some feats they normally would have never chosen (Luck of Heroes, for example).
Except that the Hamstring Ward filigree doesn't work. Use it and go into Skeletons In The Closet. The first room you're still going to get hamstrung. It applies to Hamstring, yes. But it seems to not work on the Tendon Slice effect which applies Hamstring. (which seems to be a lot of what the mobs have, ts not h)

Lorrgar

DDO Official Troubadour
That is unfortunate if the hamstring ward is not working in that raid. It does seem to work most of the time when hit by gnoll archers, who historically in my experience caused hamstring frequently. I do think allowing tanks to have some immunities to certain effects/ debuffs can improve their effectiveness.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
That is unfortunate if the hamstring ward is not working in that raid. It does seem to work most of the time when hit by gnoll archers, who historically in my experience caused hamstring frequently. I do think allowing tanks to have some immunities to certain effects/ debuffs can improve their effectiveness.
That's because most cripples aren't "hamstrings". It blocks "hamstrings" but not the multiple other things that look the same and do the same thing but are named differently. Ever since they added the ability to cure "hamstring" with close wounds, heal, (and something else), it's been often requested for other cripples to be included in that (and the addition of hamstring ward just continues to point out this issue).

Socratesbastardson

Dionysian Enigma
That's an excellent way to frame things, SteelStar, but you may want to repeat it in other threads for people who may overlook this specific post. Hopefully encouraging that kind of mind set, instead of just responding to grumbling, will encourage greater player involvement, more creative input, new ideas and viewpoints.
Thanks!

BuckGB

artifact4.png

Can we please change this to Insightful Negative Amp and Quality Negative Amp? Standard Profane Negative Amp is easy enough to add an augment for, and a Minor Artifact should offer exceptional stats that aren't simply an augment away.

On the Quality Wisdom +3, if we cannot make this craftable to choose Qua Int or Qua Cha for Pale Masters and Abyss Warlocks, can we change this to something like Sacred Spell Focus +2 that's usable by all three?

My only real critiques here are the following:
The Legendary Belt Of Transformation should get Quality Doublestrike rather than insightful Doublestrike so that it plays better with other gear.

The belts in general Come off as to being something more suitable for having the Lost Purpose effect and when swapping around gear pieces for multiple builds I found that pretending that the belts here had the Lost Purpose set choice feature resulted in some highly satisfying combinations that other players would no doubt find great delight in being able to utilize.

Once the raid comes out, the raid loot could be awesome and really easily enhance things for melee artificer builds, especially if it revisited old set bonuses! Revisiting one set bonus per class could do the trick and really fill in for a lot that is missing! In short, the raid's loot will hold the key, can't really critique all the effect holes as things are now as we do not know what all is planned for the raid loot.

Adamantine Amulet
Insightful Reconstruction +76
Quality Reconstruction +36
DR 30/Adamantine
Insightful Armor Piercing +11%

Yellow Augment Slot
Green Augment Slot
Legendary Kundarak Delving Equipment
Legendary Heart Of Blades

Soul Trapping Ruby (Red Augment with Legendary Trap The Soul)

Cannith Nanotech Housing (Yellow augment with Cannith Combat Infusion)

Emerald Of Runic Mastery (Green augment with Runearm Focus +6)

(If you update the set bonus for the Legendary Dreadkeeper set from the Soulsplitter pack so that instead of it having a +3 to intelligence, it has a +3 to Intelligence, Wisdom, And Charisma, you could do this for Dark Apostates and updating the set like that would also help Abyss pact Warlocks a little!)

Deathwyrm Boneplate (Heavy Armor)
Overwhelming despair (Same effect as from that Feytwisted necklace)
Improved Quelling Strikes
Fireshield (Cold)
Fortification +153%

Yellow Augment Slot
Green Augment Slot
Legendary Dreadkeeper
Legendary Forbidden Knowledge

Adding a large capacity quiver where the only special feature it has is a yellow or even colorless augment slot would also be nice for a raid loot idea.

Also, this upcoming raid would be a great place to introduce some new augments based on or inspired by beloved NPCs such as The Lord Of Blades, Malicia, Erandis Vol, Jeets, The voice of the insane entities from the Total Chaos quest, and Yaulthoon..... however it would be best to make these exclusively prizes for turning in raid runes as to not mess up the loot tables. You could even add sentient jewels to the rune turn in vendor gradually as you do with adding new items to seasonal events such as the Anniversary Party. You couldn't always do this and it actually make sense, but since Vecna is being fought it finally could make sense.

I dont Like gimps

That's an excellent way to frame things, SteelStar, but you may want to repeat it in other threads for people who may overlook this specific post. Hopefully encouraging that kind of mind set, instead of just responding to grumbling, will encourage greater player involvement, more creative input, new ideas and viewpoints.
Thanks!
the name and the Pic dont fit at all XD

Can we please change this to Insightful Negative Amp and Quality Negative Amp? Standard Profane Negative Amp is easy enough to add an augment for, and a Minor Artifact should offer exceptional stats that aren't simply an augment away.

On the Quality Wisdom +3, if we cannot make this craftable to choose Qua Int or Qua Cha for Pale Masters and Abyss Warlocks, can we change this to something like Sacred Spell Focus +2 that's usable by all three?
I'd vote to make it insightful and quality Negative healing amplification, replace the insightful armor piercing with Overwhelming Despair, and instead of quality Wisdom give it an effect that combines a +22 to the heal skill with Quality Nullification

Mesmerin

What would be nice aug wise is guardbreaking and shield bashing +??%.
Make them ML 32 and both orange so could only slot 1 in a dino shield. Either to drop in the new raid or crafted via the soulforge. Could use vengeful calamity from LVOD for the bashing and Flow from Strahd for guardbreaking as the ingredients. Flow because I love ravenloft and Strahd isn't run enough XD

Aelonwy

Okay what happened to the Book Orb that had a dark blue appearance that matched the cosmetics coming in the expansion? I know when I tried out the Book Orbs last preview one was a dark blue color... Now in Preview 3 they are ALL orange and identical with the very old art of the Libram of Silver Magic. Is this art change intentional? Why NO new Book Orb art? why are all three identical? What happened to the new art that is now gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.