U62 Preview 1 General Notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torc

Systems Developer
Our first preview of Update 62 is now available! This preview runs until 3:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT) on Thursday, September 21st.

Of Special Note:

Adjustments are being made to active attacks and the scaling of the [W] system, see these threads for more information and to get us your feedback after previewing these changes on Lamannia:

Active Attacks Rebalance
Weapon [W] Scaling
Sealed in Amber Update

Other News and Notes:

Balance and Gameplay Changes:
  • A series of changes have been made to the Sealed in Amber quest from Ravenloft to improve the experience. Please try out the quest on Lamannia and let us know what you think of the adjustments in our discussion thread (link). NOTE: The NPCs in the Testdojo are not configured to take you directly to the quest, you'll need to enter it the old fashioned way through the Ravenloft content. Specific changes include:
    • The quest is now less random, with a reasonable main route to completion.
    • There are now fewer flameskulls per square mile.
    • The dark gifts are less likely to escape before the heroes get to hear them out.
    • There are now markings near the doors on the floor for easier identification
    • Icons on the map have been improved, the three guardians have mapnotes that should help people find them better, and doors have better more clear icons on the map as well.
    • Kasimir is now more articulate when he hands over the crest.
Bug Fixes:
  • Using Machrotechnic's Mending Burst with the Dissonance Drive upgrade no longer applies debuffs to you and your party members; only to enemies.

Last edited by a moderator:

mikarddo

We are getting new quests also, right? Remember that VIP get such quests for free - but only if you actually add some quests! Dont tell me we just got quests as those were not free to VIP.

Zvdegor

Melee Artificer Freak
Pfft, Amber was fine. Not everything has to be kindergarden-hold-your-hand-and-wipe-your-....
I liked Amber the way it was.
There are methods to complete Amber Temple under 5 mins if you lucky. The quest is complicated to do until players wont learn how to do it.

PurpleSerpent

Monster Hunter of Moderate Renown
There are methods to complete Amber Temple under 5 mins if you lucky. The quest is complicated to do until players wont learn how to do it.
Have you tried it on Legendary Reaper? Because that makes it miserable. Especially if you get a bad draw on the Icon's location.

On the other hand, the current proposed changes are pretty unpopular as well, so we'll have to see how that goes...

Last edited:

Zvdegor

Melee Artificer Freak
Have you tried it on Legendary Reaper? Because that makes it miserable. Especially if you get a bad draw on the Icon's location.

On the other hand, the current proposed changes are pretty unpopular as well, so we'll have to see how that goes...
Me and my TR group has a routine how to do Amber Temple. On heroic we run it on r3 on legendar r6 every life. Yes there is a luck factor but usually this quest lasts no longer than 10-15 mins worst case

Last edited:

Titus Ovid

Mover and Shaker
I am stuck on the word experience, as well.
What do you mean by that? The fun to witness something? A smooth process? Or xp/min?
So far with all the changes over time to this particular quest you took away from all three categories I tried to come up with.

Titus

Last edited:

Spoon of Khyber

Even if you know the quest very well and know a good pathing to get a "fast" completion, you can still end up with the icon being gated behind finding all of the passwords and for those people who don't run Amber regularly that random result can turn a 15 min (assuming not a lot of knowledge of the quest) to 45 min or more. If you already know the quest inside out, then this change won't impact you at all. For less experience players it will definitely make it a lot less frustrating to run. Frustration does not equal fun gaming.... Let's face it. Amber started off pretty good, with an excellent challenge but it got wrecked to prevent reaper xp farming...

Lazuli

Even if you know the quest very well and know a good pathing to get a "fast" completion, you can still end up with the icon being gated behind finding all of the passwords and for those people who don't run Amber regularly that random result can turn a 15 min (assuming not a lot of knowledge of the quest) to 45 min or more. If you already know the quest inside out, then this change won't impact you at all. For less experience players it will definitely make it a lot less frustrating to run. Frustration does not equal fun gaming.... Let's face it. Amber started off pretty good, with an excellent challenge but it got wrecked to prevent reaper xp farming...
If they really want to prevent longer runs, they just have to limit the number of Etherna spawn spots. But they haven't done that, they've even screwed up the lich thing, which is a nod to the original pnp campaign. No, whatever their intention, it is not to "improve the experience"

Lazuli

Torc, WHAT ABOUT ViP PERKS?

SiA is fine as is, stop watering down this game
Yeah, improving this would attract approval from the players. And if they have time to ruin one of the best quests in the game, they should have had time to fix this.

Thor

Looking for a New Love
Torc, WHAT ABOUT ViP PERKS?
VIP Upgrades will "soon" be "dumped" on the playerbase.
They've been marinating for years.
occupied-portable-latrine-with-dreaded-in-use-sign.jpg

seph1roth5

I've been compiling/thinking up vip perk ideas for a while now into the thread in my sig. Hopefully a dev will stumble upon it some day and go "Hey I can just slap 1 or 2 of these on and be done!"

Even if they just alternated some of the better, easier ones. Like free gold rolls one month, then more buddy boost the next, then +10% xp the next, repeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.