U62 Preview 2 W Scalar Revamp

Status
Not open for further replies.

somenewnoob

As far as devs accepting feedback and changing things, when they updated epic destinies there was originally a whole charge builder and spender system with epic strikes. This was met with pushback and what we got was quite different. They redesigned the whole thing. Maybe not from the ground up, but pretty close.

They may not accept all feedback and change accordingly, but the Devs absolutely have a history of listening, even in situations of spent development resources.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

There was RAGE over those changes. Absolute, near unanimous animosity over them.

They have a TERRIBLE history of listening to player feedback. Even for bugs! When we tell them things are broken on Lam they plow right on ahead with it. ONE TIME does not equal "the devs absolutely have a history of listening" anymore than Jeffrey Dahmer eating a a plate of broccoli equals "he absolutely seems to eat healthy".

And part of the problem, is that they like their echo chamber. And for people to give them "atta boys" when none is warranted.

Last edited:

Spook

The builder spender system was one of the few times when they got an early proof of concept to us (with placeholder assets) which meant they could rework it before it got too far into development.

I think they should have left the charges in I mean how cool would it be to start a fight with Direcharge-> Consecrate -> adrenaline then continue with normal rotation - or start a boss fight with 3x adrenaline - would have made the epic strike system a lot more flexible

Last edited:

Lotoc

the worst thing about scrapping the builder/spender system is they basically recycled the abilities, some EDs got their builders as epic strikes and Draconic got its spender as an epic strike.

Tilomere

We got a builder/spender system anyways. Every single weapon build in the game is now optimized using hunts end/adrenaline as builder, and a crit+w attack as the spender.

Because feedback doesn't matter if economics requires a reward system for character growth (time and $) spent. The servers don't run on feedback, then run on electricity.

Chai

All of the items that have old school effects like radiance (the on crit blind version) are still at super low #w and did not scale properly. I am referring to non-named items from previous eras when effects are far more interesting and unique than they are today.

You missed an opportunity to bring some of that stuff back to relevance for some of us who have been here through those eras by making those weapons decent in their level ranges.

Phern

Sorry if this has been covered, search turned up random posts.

Has Heavy Draw from the Deepwood Stalker tree been changed to the new scaling? Tooltip still says +5 damage. Not sure that's WAI thanks

Also, Deadly blades in Vistani knife fighter is still described as +1W

Last edited:

rabidfox

The People's Champion

Has Heavy Draw from the Deepwood Stalker tree been changed to the new scaling? Tooltip still says +5 damage. Not sure that's WAI thanks
It's +5 damage not +5[w] so it wouldn't have changed.

Spook

Also, Deadly blades in Vistani knife fighter is still described as +1W
Heavy draw is unaffected by the changes

Deadly blades is also not affected by the changes as its not an active attack

Ravines

Ok, I didnt understand the math behind that new [W] scaling... this meant to be a percentage over the weapon dice only? like the old version?
I mean, before, I think, the maths was: 5[W]1d8 = 1d8*5 (with a min/max of 5/40 damage). and now I dont know how its works... like, its now as this? 5[W]1d8 = 1d8+50% (with a min/max of 1,5/12 damage)? thats it? or that % would be add to the final/total melee damage?
I really wanna know how this works, so...pls, somebody can explain it to me?

CBDunk

Ravines, there are TWO changes involving 'W' values in the most recent update;

1: The topic of this thread. The 'W' values of most weapons are being standardized to scale smoothly with the minimum level of the weapon. So, where you might previously have had level 15 weapons with 'W' values anywhere from 1 to 3, now almost all of them will be W=2.

2: A separate change only applies to 'active attacks'... things like 'Cleave' or attacks from enhancement trees that you specifically trigger to do a single special attack sequence. Many of these previously did +W damage... so +5W on a longsword would have been +5d8. These have been changed to instead do +10% damage per W... so a +5W active attack becomes +50% damage. That +50% applies to not JUST the damage dice, but also any stat bonus to damage, deadly bonus, battle trance, and other bonuses. If you open your inventory and show the 'Details' for your equipped weapon(s) at the bottom, you will see something like; 'Damage: 5.5[1d10+3] + 96 pierce'. A +50% active attack would add 50% to whatever total damage that added up to. Extra damage from imbues, separate acid/cold/whatever effects on the weapon, sneak attack, et cetera is not increased by the 50%... just the physical damage of the weapon itself.

Ravines

Ravines, there are TWO changes involving 'W' values in the most recent update;

1: The topic of this thread. The 'W' values of most weapons are being standardized to scale smoothly with the minimum level of the weapon. So, where you might previously have had level 15 weapons with 'W' values anywhere from 1 to 3, now almost all of them will be W=2.

2: A separate change only applies to 'active attacks'... things like 'Cleave' or attacks from enhancement trees that you specifically trigger to do a single special attack sequence. Many of these previously did +W damage... so +5W on a longsword would have been +5d8. These have been changed to instead do +10% damage per W... so a +5W active attack becomes +50% damage. That +50% applies to not JUST the damage dice, but also any stat bonus to damage, deadly bonus, battle trance, and other bonuses. If you open your inventory and show the 'Details' for your equipped weapon(s) at the bottom, you will see something like; 'Damage: 5.5[1d10+3] + 96 pierce'. A +50% active attack would add 50% to whatever total damage that added up to. Extra damage from imbues, separate acid/cold/whatever effects on the weapon, sneak attack, et cetera is not increased by the 50%... just the physical damage of the weapon itself.
Oh, I see. I really got confused with it so.
I, whrongly, assumed that the entire '[W] thing' in the game wound move to a %. So every [W] now wound be read as %, meaning, 1W would be now 10%.... but thanks to clarify it to me hahaha

Feeling Im a little bit stupid, but I got it, thanks so much, really ahahahahahaha

Ameo666

Any reason for the shield from skeleton in the closet to have weapon dice without +x damage ?

Like the tower shield does 5.2[1D12], isn t it supposed to be something like 5.2[1D12+X] ?

Mesmerin

Well it happened, feels weird man, I mean there were plenty of winners in the changeover, but not most of the schism crafting weapons.

Yeah, schism crafting where you get a lower ML on the weapon means less wounds so it's a downgrade in straight up damage. Unless you really want the alternative form, it's a waste of mats to upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.