U63 Bug Fix Bonanza

In favor

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Onyxia2016

Considering all the time that is put into the recent updates being pushed out as well as new content, I would like to suggest the next update be all about bug fixes.
I for one would not mine delaying new content updates, instead focusing on fixing what we have now.

This would be strictly limited to bugs that have been reported and re-reported going back years.
The devs have a limited about of time and they can not be expected to crank out new content/updates and still have time to focus on bug reports.
If the devs were to be freed up from the need to focus on new stuff for one update cycle, I am certain they would be able to knock out a lot of these lingering bugs out.

To that end, share your opinion

Onyxia2016

I think they're fixing bugs all the time.
Might not be your specific hot take on a bug.

There are of course some bug fixes but there are hundreds that have been reported and confirmed by multiple players and even some devs.
Some of these have been issues for years. It could be an environment issues, like ladders or a trigger event is dungeons or it could be a spell/enhancement that is not doing or applying what is written in its writeup.

It is not my take on anything. Game is riddled with bugs, this is a fact.
Many from prior updates that just never got fixed. Some affect me as a player, some do not but this is not about any specific bug but rather bugs in general

If I am in the minority, then so be it. It is just to get the communities take on the subject of devs being devoted to fixes vs new content for an update cycle..

The Blonde

Catalogues Bugs
I would gladly *buy* more bugfixes. There is more than enough content. The fact that some players are content with the game's number of bugs constantly increasing every update instead of decreasing (due to their constant want of new playthings) drives me insane.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
u61 is the mini-expansion... I don't want an update without content. Bugs get fixed already with every update; the people who make content aren't going to suddenly be able to code and work on other stuff. Different people work on different stuff. The only "new" content we've had in ages is the 10 rats quest (sure we had Lordmarch update but that's just old content with a fresh coat of paint); itching for actual new things to do.

Buddha5440

Considering all the time that is put into the recent updates being pushed out as well as new content, I would like to suggest the next update be all about bug fixes.
I for one would not mine delaying new content updates, instead focusing on fixing what we have now.

This would be strictly limited to bugs that have been reported and re-reported going back years.
The devs have a limited about of time and they can not be expected to crank out new content/updates and still have time to focus on bug reports.
If the devs were to be freed up from the need to focus on new stuff for one update cycle, I am certain they would be able to knock out a lot of these lingering bugs out.

I'd be fine with 1 out of 3 updates being solely about bug fixes and not new quests and OP items that make (almost) everything before them obsolete.

Cheeps

Tired Member
One of the first quest objectives in the first quest new players run is to climb up a ladder.

This is where sticky ladder bug hits them, and it is a tough objective to complete.

Many must look at this game, say it's a joke and uninstall it before ever reaching the top of that ladder.

I vote they fix the sticky ladder bug once and for all!

Ahpuch

Unfortunately the limitation of bugs that have been reported for years is not that enticing. The ladder bug will never be fixed unless they do a rewrite of some fundamentals of the client server logic.

Now, if you let me remove that limitation and the bug they fix in U61 is removing the XP changes that they are putting into U60 then(y)(y) *

* - this assumes that they go ahead with the ill thought out changes to XP that have been near universally panned. Of course, it is not to late for them to correct that bug before it even gets in the game.

Fizban

A BIG NO!
I always am amazed about this type of request. The developers fix bugs all the time, almost weekly to be honest. UpdAte 59 was recently released that was a majority of bug fixes (your wish was granted) completed. In that update they both fixed alot of bugs and upgraded 7 quests to Legendary.

You see DEVs can do several things at once.

FaceDancer

Olde Wurm
I'd like to think bug fixes are a always part of the patch process?!? There are still A LOT of fixes that need to be done though. Would love to see more updates to older quests rather than new content (and I really would like new content!) Part of those updates would probably be considered bug fixes (collectables that can't be picked up for example).

seph1roth5

I think a big issue is we don't even know what the bugs are. Every other update or so there's a bug fix that's like "This epic destiny enhancement now works!" and I'm thinking "Wait it was broken for years?"