U67 Early Look: Fred's First Date

Status
Not open for further replies.

4slight

What's the DC for the strength crystal? I don't have enough, and a lv 20 barbarian hireling doesn't either. This crystal makes the quest strength gated and unable to complete without the ability score. Should be based on damage or strength imo, or have it be like the other giant crystals in the game where you can technically brute force it with like 200,000 hp - this one takes no damage at all.

Glargfest

I kinda like the Monty Python stuff... :)

Serious gloom and doom, Ravenloft this, Myth Drannor that... I mean don't we get enough of that 'keepin' it real' stuff from the, well, real world?
Ravenloft is grimdark. Grimdark is far from ‘keepin it real’
If anything they’ve been ‘keepin it real’ by putting all this meta stuff into a Dungeons and Dragons game. That’s not fun. It’s immersion breaking and it seems like it’s becoming more prevalent.

Lighthearted is fine sometimes. But this isn’t just lighthearted. I don’t want to play a cutesy cat quest or help a college student with their debt or their stress about school or setting up a frat party. I don’t like seeing ‘Goodest Boy’ under a mob name. That’s not Dungeons and Dragons. At least not how I came to love it, and certainly not how I want to see it evolve.

Elminster

If anything they’ve been ‘keepin it real’ by putting all this meta stuff into a Dungeons and Dragons game. That’s not fun. It’s immersion breaking and it seems like it’s becoming more prevalent.

Lighthearted is fine sometimes. But this isn’t just lighthearted. I don’t want to play a cutesy cat quest or help a college student with their debt or their stress about school or setting up a frat party. I don’t like seeing ‘Goodest Boy’ under a mob name. That’s not Dungeons and Dragons. At least not how I came to love it, and certainly not how I want to see it evolve.
Ahh, I see what you guys mean.

Yeah, the intersection of real world and D&D should be more walled.

I just meant having quests that don't deal entirely with killing things and more solving a mundane everyday problem with comical results is something I would like to see more of.

Shear-buckler

Well said. It destroys immersion. Yeah it's a fantasy game with dragons and magic bla bla, but I still want the game to take itself seriously.

l_remmie

Love the idea =)

The sillyness is totally fine if it's a stand alone quest. Just make sure it's easy for people to "opt out". Don't give it the best loot ever and an insane xp/time ratio.

Status
Not open for further replies.