U67 Early Look: Fred's First Date

Tolero

DDO Producer
Use this thread to discuss the latest changes to the quest "Fred's First Date" during this week's preview

axel15810

Can we get a description of what changes were made to this quest from the first preview? Will make for better feedback. Unless I am missing something I don't see anything in the release notes.

Tolero

DDO Producer
Only one small change which most will proooobably not notice too much: there's now an exit waypoint that wasn't there in the last preview. It's otherwise largely the same this round.

Jummby

Only one small change which most will proooobably not notice too much: there's now an exit waypoint that wasn't there in the last preview. It's otherwise largely the same this round.
Fred is the coolest NPC ever in DDO.

Saaluta

Founder and altogether cool gamer gurl
Had one of the casters in first fight in the carnival portion refuse to give up even after he hit the stage where he was supposed to kneel and stop fighting. Just let him kill me after about 5 minutes cause it was my bedtime anyway and his hp was not going down anymore and he was chasing me all over the map, just got tired of healing myself and not hurting him anymore....

Saal :)

Dabima

Quest was incompletable for me. The STR crystal challenge neither counted toward one of my 3 points I needed, nor did it check off the optional for winning it (I did win it). That said, this quest felt very cringey to me, and probably won't ever run it past getting the favor the first time.

This quest felt.....clunky, for lack of a more descriptive word. Lots of narrative interrupts that don't flow well. Unnecessary breaks to force conversation instead of having the conversations auto-play. It's not a terrible quest design from it's core but just doesn't flow well.