U67 Early Look: This Old Haunt

Tolero

DDO Producer
An early preview of a U67 dungeon is available on Lamannia by speaking with The Questgiver in the Test Dojo. Use this thread to give feedback about the new quest "This Old Haunt".
  • Lamannia Known Issue: You must both get access to the basement from the apparition *and* speak to Gaspar before you can enter the basement
  • Lamannia Known Issue: It is sometimes not possible to give the tablet to Gaspar after getting it.

Dabima

Wow, I hope this quest is getting a bunch of polish before release. This felt like one of the laziest quests in recent years. The only monsters in the quest are transparent red, blue, or green default human models, and the quest decorations are extremely bare-bones. Not to mention the story is just nonsensical and another poor attempt at "every quest must be funny but we also don't know how to be funny"

convallaria

Purveyor of Puzzles
Can we make walls breakable by warlocks with blast or cone? Some walls not able to be broken even with weapons. Apparitions not able to be talked to , making quest non-completable.

Saal :)

Huh! I was sure I had coded the walls to be breakable by spells. I'll take a look! Apparitions should be fixed by next build as well. Thanks for the feedback!

Aelonwy

I don't know what I was doing wrong but the Mischievous Apparitions were just text floating in the air and nothing with which I could interact. There was no way to get to the basement because I could only speak to Gaspar despite there being half a dozen places labeled Mischievous Apparition.

Dynablue

I don't know what I was doing wrong but the Mischievous Apparitions were just text floating in the air and nothing with which I could interact. There was no way to get to the basement because I could only speak to Gaspar despite there being half a dozen places labeled Mischievous Apparition.
I had to use a meteor swarm on the only non-interactable door on the ground floor. Then a voice spoke to me and I had to seek out the apparitions which had changed (floating objects). Once I found the apparition two or three times, the door was openable.

Sorccadin

Walls also can not be broken by ranged attacks, which makes it cluncky to break them as of now (unless you play a melee build).

convallaria

Purveyor of Puzzles
I had to use a meteor swarm on the only non-interactable door on the ground floor. Then a voice spoke to me and I had to seek out the apparitions which had changed (floating objects). Once I found the apparition two or three times, the door was openable.

In this version, you need to do two things in order to get into the basement:

1. Interact with the basement door, then search the house for anything out of the ordinary and interact with them three times
2. Speak to Gaspar

Gaspar can be spoken to at any point in time while you are searching the house for the apparition, but the door won't open until both things have happened. This will all be better explained in the final version through a quest objective and dialog.

Walls also can not be broken by ranged attacks, which makes it cluncky to break them as of now (unless you play a melee build).

It's strange that this is the case. Thank you for bringing it to my attention! Any attack should cause the wall to break (though it needs to be hit two times before it will break)