Unable to Move more than 5 steps

gcourtright

Hey, been away a couple weeks, but now I can't move in game.
I did open a ticket, but figured I would reach out to community to see if this was something that may have happened with latest update.

I've tried multiple characters on multiple servers.
Log on, and try to move. I can move about 5 steps and bounce back to start position.
Unable to do anything. Left game running a few minutes, and tried to move, same - couple steps, bounce back.
I am able to open inventory, store, character sheet - and those functions seem to work.
Unable to teleport.

This does not seem to be the normal Rubber Band/Lag.
I have great ping times.
I did try to lower the resolution.
I disconnected my headset - as that has been known to cause lag - no luck.

Anyone see this?

JaynChar2019

Hey, been away a couple weeks, but now I can't move in game.
I did open a ticket, but figured I would reach out to community to see if this was something that may have happened with latest update.

I've tried multiple characters on multiple servers.
Log on, and try to move. I can move about 5 steps and bounce back to start position.
Unable to do anything. Left game running a few minutes, and tried to move, same - couple steps, bounce back.
I am able to open inventory, store, character sheet - and those functions seem to work.
Unable to teleport.

This does not seem to be the normal Rubber Band/Lag.
I have great ping times.
I did try to lower the resolution.
I disconnected my headset - as that has been known to cause lag - no luck.

Anyone see this?
Check out my thread https://forums.ddo.com/index.php?th...out-that-didnt-seem-to-occur-before-u59.1664/ I am trying everything that everyone has suggested to stop lag. also try this to see what your latency is hover over the green icon that appears after checking this box
You should turn on in-game network status. (Hovering over the icon gives game latency/dropped packet info).
PsCEpzG.jpg

Should also turn on your in-game FPS counter to see what it's doing. Also try turning off audio in-game as some people have had issues with it since the openAL work.

gcourtright

I checked, I have no packet loss, and 29ms latency at worst.

I can not move from spot I log on at - so wherever my character is - i move 5 steps and bounce back. I have not been able to move any of my characters on all servers.

I checked all servers, and at least 1 char per server.
Even jumping doesnt work - start to go up and teleport back down.
All the time - hovering over the network icon, shows 0.0% packet loss.
I think this is a different issue from the lag everyone is experiencing.

FuzzyDuck81

You've tried jumping, how about tumbling? That often seems to fix weird stuck issues for me.

Could it be an issue with controllers or firewalls etc on your own system?

gcourtright

Fixed the issue

(tumbling did not work either)

I checked almost everything - including updating DX, tried using DX9, 10, but then went back to DX11.
Reinstalled Game
Reinstalled NVideo drivers

After reinstalling the video/and geforce experience, i decided to disable the Game Overlay, I don't use it.
That seemed to do the trick. The game is operating normally, and i do not seem to be experiencing the super lag others are reporting.

The problem i had was not lag, the game was not working at all.

Hope this helps someone else.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
After reinstalling the video/and geforce experience, i decided to disable the Game Overlay, I don't use it.
That seemed to do the trick. The game is operating normally, and i do not seem to be experiencing the super lag others are reporting.
Not too surprising that geforce's game overlay would do that as steam and steam overlay will crush some people's systems too with DDO. Glad you found a fix.

Xaerxiessia

Lost in Translation
Game Overlay from Steam ? Good to know . Does overlay from apps like discord provoke this symptom too ?

You may build a portable release with user's rights , not administrator. It's auto-updating without any problem. No Steam , no system pollution with installer.

Phoenicis

Savage's Husband
disabling overlays (surprisingly, I had three different ones active but unused) did not fix my inability to move.

It seemed to be area specific (Lower Necro) for me, Once I got out I was moving normally again.

Sympl

This is all wrapped into the current issue under investigation. Check the Staff tracker.

Well, if it's happening now it is...I see this is a much older post originally. :D

Br4d

Typically when this happens to me I just wait it out and it goes away. Sometimes I force quit the client and log back in and it's gone.

It doesn't happen often but it is very frustrating when it does happen.

Reading the bits above about some sort of overlay makes some sense although it's clearly not always a result of that because the jump animation will work even when you are rooted to the spot you are standing on.

Mordenkainen

Please SSG, no more nerfs. Thank you!
Could it be that a recent update meddled with eople's grahics cards.

It would be great if people can layout the specs they are using to access DDO and possibly look into their firewall.

It's possible that your ISP updated something and has blocked or drastically throttled back apps like DDO.

Probably a "cost savings" plan by the companies.

Mdmsr1

I've been dealing with it for the last 4 hours - I uninstalled and reinstalled the program, readjusted the video settings, modified the audio, no luck. It lags at startup starting with "generic teleport screen" then two others. The login works, but the program can't connect to the logon server. And it's continually getting worse.

Mdmsr1

Could it be that a recent update meddled with eople's grahics cards.

It would be great if people can layout the specs they are using to access DDO and possibly look into their firewall.

It's possible that your ISP updated something and has blocked or drastically throttled back apps like DDO.

Probably a "cost savings" plan by the companies.
My firewall is g2g; my download speed is 942 mbps, upload is 42, ping at 13ms. And have full access to other sites and games.