Unstoppable Staggering Blow: Please make more items with this

Teh_Troll

Unstoppable Staggering Blow: On a Vorpal strike with a Melee weapon, this weapon will trip your opponent, forcing them to fall prone for 2 seconds. There is no save against this effect.

Losing Balanced Attacks was a huge kick in the gonads two TWFing melee. You then sort of bring this back on a piece of armor that I don't think anyone will ever wear.

Good intention, but bad execution.

FuzzyDuck81

Its cool for sure, if they ever do a pass adjusting certain weapons to have more special features (eg. like great xbow having that no-save knockdown on vorpal) it'd be a nice one to add as a standard feature to mauls maybe.

Jack Jarvis Esquire

Unstoppable Staggering Blow: On a Vorpal strike with a Melee weapon, this weapon will trip your opponent, forcing them to fall prone for 2 seconds. There is no save against this effect.

Losing Balanced Attacks was a huge kick in the gonads two TWFing melee. You then sort of bring this back on a piece of armor that I don't think anyone will ever wear.

Good intention, but bad execution.
Link don't work bud. 🤔

Thor

Looking for a New Love
I just pulled on my SWF Pally, and would love to use, but yes really difficult to fit in pc of armor with no set that takes a set spot...

kmoustakas

Scourge of Xaos
I feel that sets in general are a game changer. They 'force' you one way making all non-set items a lot worse. Essentially an item has to be a lot more powerful to be worth trying to fit.
With that in mind, "spare hand", the cannith challenge belt has staggering blow and it was a great item for melee trappers back in the day.

PaleFox

I like the desert sands sets because of this. One of the few places where an armor isn't part of the sets. Making mix-and-match more easy.

It's also nice to see armors where you can place the set-augments on.

saekee

long live ROGUE
Throw in that many TWF builds use light armor.

I wish I could get some lowbie ML weapon with guardbreaking for TWF. Call the weapon the Main Gauche of Faux Bardsterism. Guardbreaking adds awesome single target survivability for light weapon users.

The only other weapon that I can think of that does something like this is that weird long sword out of the Xoriat quest.

PaleFox

Throw in that many TWF builds use light armor.

I wish I could get some lowbie ML weapon with guardbreaking for TWF. Call the weapon the Main Gauche of Faux Bardsterism. Guardbreaking adds awesome single target survivability for light weapon users.

The only other weapon that I can think of that does something like this is that weird long sword out of the Xoriat quest.
Look into the twelve crafting, you can put it onto a helm/gloves of some sorts with Trace of Madness' Solipsism.

Well, almost the same thing.

Boondocks Mike

Except that’s only for specific raid items.

Currently, perhaps. There are plenty of unique effects on non raid gear which would be desirable as an augment. Making unique item effects available as augments didn't exist before...it suddenly did exist. Why would "that's not how things are right now" be a valid reason alone to not make a change to the game?

It also isn't a real augment.

Mike is trying to jerk our chain.

I will have to update my personal record of what my intent was but I appreciate being informed.

saekee

long live ROGUE
Look into the twelve crafting, you can put it onto a helm/gloves of some sorts with Trace of Madness' Solipsism.

Well, almost the same thing.
great point—I like to use those! Guardreaking is on crit however and many TWF builds are high crit ones, really helps vs the vorpal-only effects like Solipsism
The staggering blow is nice since they are on the ground whereas solipsism and guardbreaking are daze effects that break on damage. That doesn’t hurt guardbreaking as much since 1 out of 3 hits are dazing again anyway.

For monks in fire stance that Ravenloft ring out of Invitation to Dindin procs the blindness effect like crazy, no save. I have fantasies of eyegouger builds splashing monk and mostly rogue but never bothered