unusual weapon damage

Scrag

I have asked around a few places, and have not quite gotten an absolutely positive answer on this simple question:

Is spell power used for weapons with (spell-type) damage?

Fire damage swords using fire spell power, eidolon (force damage) using impulse spellpower.

If these use spellpower for damage ++ instead of melee power, does that mean say outburst (elec damage) benefits from spell lore?

These would significantly alter what kind of gear would actually be optimal.

DBZ

A few pieces of lgs - iod like melthorn maybe rest not really

Theres a few abilities that scale off both like ranged power and spell power that what u mean

DBZ

LGS radiance scales with spell power melthorn probably does too

That sword u linked said nothing i saw about scaling

Scrag

LGS radiance scales with spell power melthorn probably does too

That sword u linked said nothing i saw about scaling
Well it has to scale with something, right? Usually melee power? My point is, if it isnt physical damage, does it still scale with melee power.

DBZ

DDO you never know think peeps use it for a psionic thrall beater and those never get run anymore anyway

Fisto Mk I

Any IoD ~horn do nothing with damage and don't scale with SP absolutely. If you mean ~fang Alchemical Attunement effect, they don't scale with SP too. Z.B., Meltfang provide up to 5x10d10 plain Acid damage, it's all.

Reactions: DBZ

droid327

Any IoD ~horn do nothing with damage and don't scale with SP absolutely. If you mean ~fang Alchemical Attunement effect, they don't scale with SP too. Z.B., Meltfang provide up to 5x10d10 plain Acid damage, it's all.
Meltfang doesn't scale when you proc it with a weapon attack, but it does scale on acid power when you proc it with a spell. Which is nice for like acid EKs because even your piddly SLAs suddenly do like 4000 acid damage :D

FuzzyDuck81

Meltfang doesn't scale when you proc it with a weapon attack, but it does scale on acid power when you proc it with a spell. Which is nice for like acid EKs because even your piddly SLAs suddenly do like 4000 acid damage :D
Seems that anything which procs an effect uses melee/ranged/spell power depending on whatever triggered the proc.

Also, while things like fan of knives uses ranged power for the damage, having kinetic lore seems to give a good chance of having it crit to give it a nice extra kick.

droid327

Seems that anything which procs an effect uses melee/ranged/spell power depending on whatever triggered the proc.

Also, while things like fan of knives uses ranged power for the damage, having kinetic lore seems to give a good chance of having it crit to give it a nice extra kick.

FoK I think is a special case where they created an sla with a RP scalar built in. But since it's coded as a physical sla, force power still scales it too, so it scales with both

Though it's only really practical on throwing knife builds, toss an impact ruby in your weapon and you'll have a ranged cleave

Fisto Mk I

Thats not great why does everyone say its best in slot sounds worse then lgs
It exactly same effects what LGS have.
Your word directly contradict devs words then. Yea, you can see more than 500 acid proc... if target already have debuff. I use Bound Elemental Ring of Acid on my PM Illusionist, and never see more than 500 acid proc without debuff. Are you sure you see proc from attunement and not from DI Attune the Arcane? ;)

Last edited:

droid327

Your word directly contradict devs words then. Yea, you can see more than 500 acid proc... if target already have debuff. I use Bound Elemental Ring of Acid on my PM Illusionist, and never see more than 500 acid proc without debuff.

You mean without stacking it, or without debuffing MRR with some other effect?

It should absolutely scale with your Acid spellpower when it procs from an offensive spellcast. Weapon attacks should scale up to the neighborhood of 500 acid damage when fully stacked, but procs on spellcast should be well beyond that range if you have decent Acid spellpower at all.

Fisto Mk I

Debuffs, like Vulnerability, Ash, Ooze etc. Usual see such cyphers only on debuffed Dooms at R10 or raid bosses, trash dies too fast to have full stacks anyway.

Well... When I have the mood and time, I will find a quote from the developers on the old forum that the effect is exactly as I pointed out, without SP scaling. 8)

You mention Acid EK. Highly likely it runs with DI Mantle, and elemental mantle overwrite appropriate elemental attunement effect, so possible you really see DI Mantle proc, not elemental attunement.

Last edited:

DBZ

Most di builds are using ice or fire so inevitable doesn't over write acid procs

You could test with greater color spray i guess turn off cotq procs

And what devs say and what actually is ddo bugs yada yada you never know

Fisto Mk I

Most di builds are using ice or fire so inevitable doesn't over write acid procs

You could test with greater color spray i guess turn off cotq procs

And what devs say and what actually is ddo bugs yada yada you never know
These builds do not have enough Acid SP to make the difference noticeable i think? ;)
GCS provide helpless status, sooo...
Devs is devs... and reality is reality, it's why we all free beta-testers for SSG. 🤣