Update SSG's Payment System

Ryofu Housen

NGITSUM
I don't know if anyone else has had issues lately with changing payment sources due to the fact that old ones do expire, but the update system for payment management is hot garbage. I tried updating with cards I maintain both from my native and current countries on the website, and none of it works. Keeps telling me my payment sources are ineligible.

Fine. So I look up the helpfile on how to update my payment sources. That page, apparently updated this past Tuesday, tells me to open the store in game, right click my name on the upper right of the store (surprise! It's now in the upper left and isn't right-clickable!), select update payment method (Data not found), and follow the directions from there (again, Data not found).

One of my guildmates mentioned having to call his credit card company, have DDO send a test payment, and only then could they update their card information. Yeah, no. I'm not going to do that. SSG, if you would like a bit more of my money, kindly stop putting so many layers of hell between it and you.

Upvote 1

Nebless

SSG's new store seems to be hot garbage at this time. There's posts over on the LotRO forums and Steam forums saying it's not working right and those of us that won the Vecna promo give away can't redeem our codes as the system say code not found.

Karadon

Old Paladin
It's a truly baffling situation. I tried CC, Steam, Paypal recently and none of them would work (they all work with every other games company, or those that have nothing to do with games) and all were rejected or had various error messages that didn't say what was actually wrong. Many outside the U.S. have the same issue. Can't buy Vecna, can't buy points.

Melvi

I don't know if anyone else has had issues lately with changing payment sources due to the fact that old ones do expire, but the update system for payment management is hot garbage. I tried updating with cards I maintain both from my native and current countries on the website, and none of it works. Keeps telling me my payment sources are ineligible.

Fine. So I look up the helpfile on how to update my payment sources. That page, apparently updated this past Tuesday, tells me to open the store in game, right click my name on the upper right of the store (surprise! It's now in the upper left and isn't right-clickable!), select update payment method (Data not found), and follow the directions from there (again, Data not found).

One of my guildmates mentioned having to call his credit card company, have DDO send a test payment, and only then could they update their card information. Yeah, no. I'm not going to do that. SSG, if you would like a bit more of my money, kindly stop putting so many layers of hell between it and you.
I have the same problem that happened yesterday, my vip stopped all of a sudden and when i tried to update it again the store defaults to my old card that i don't use anymore( haven't used it for over 1 year) and will not accept the card i have been using this past year, it would not let me add a new card either.
Hope they can get this fixed