Upgrading Expansion Packs

Gaiden101

Considering purchasing the Feywild expansion. If I get the standard edition now and decide in a few weeks/months I want some of the goodies in the Collectors or Ultimate edition can I upgrade or am I stuck with my original purchase tier?

Thanks

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Newer expansions sold after the market update (Saltmarsh, Dread, and Vecna) allow for upgrade at the cost difference. Older expansions that predate the market changes don't support that; you could buy a higher tier version but it won't come at the discount price (so then you'd buy the low tier and then wait until the high tier is on a deep discount sale and just eat the cost difference).

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Store (DDO points) and market (cash) are separate. If you buy the point versions of SM/Dread/Vecna then they're not taken into account at all for the cash version's upgrade system. If you buy the point stuff for the older expansions then it doesn't matter as there's no upgrade option for them with the cash versions either.

seph1roth5

I was able to upgrade my sharn from normal to ultimate a month or so after it came out, had to basically submit a ticket/contact CS and they were able to do it no problem. Not sure if that's a policy or if I just got lucky. Also important to note, Ravenloft higher tiers are literally not for sale. My friend wanted to upgrade and CS told him they couldn't do that because it's not available at all.

Mordenkainen

Please SSG, no more nerfs. Thank you!
Some supposed "deep discounts" coming next Thursday according to Cord on yeaterday's stream.

Maybe Feywild will get a deep discount then? who knows.

Gaiden101

Some supposed "deep discounts" coming next Thursday according to Cord on yeaterday's stream.

Maybe Feywild will get a deep discount then? who knows.
Glad I waited as I see Feywild is 60% off right now. And it's hard to pass up Sharn at 80% so I'll probably pull the trigger on that too. Merry Christmas to me! :D