Video settings seem to be locked now

Owlbear

Can't adjust Gamma when you're in fullscreen windowed. Only works during fullscreen. The fullscreen windowed mode in DDO is very outdated.

If graphics settings are locked you need to update your gpu drivers.

Grimstad

My problem is not that I can't adjust the graphics controls, but that the contrast in some parts of dungeons is so extreme. For example, in some dungeons, the puzzles are so bright that I have to turn brightness all the way down until the rest of the room is in complete darkness, and even then, I can't make out which tiles are straight, bends, or Ts.

Zaszgul

This particular time, the video setting have been affected. So I am trying to determine what flag has caused the video settings to be locked to 1.0.
As many of us have pointed out, this locked settings issue is extremely normal with modern drivers, which don't play nicely with old games/api calls. In your case, Windows likely decided you needed an update and applied it, perhaps entirely in the background (i.e. no popups telling you about it). You're not having this issue because DDO recently changed something, but because they haven't changed anything since adding DX11 support ~15 years ago.

Windows Update is constantly running. It likes to update drivers and install other stuff whenever it wants. Recently, I noticed it installed Microsoft Copilot. Before that: Bejeweled. And plenty of other stuff over the years. I never explicitly permit these installations individually, and it never even tells me it's installing any of these things, before, during, or after the fact - it just waits for me to randomly notice them on my own. But it does this anyway, because it wants to and I agree to let Microsoft do basically whatever it wants to my machine as part of their required TOS.

Zaszgul

My problem is not that I can't adjust the graphics controls, but that the contrast in some parts of dungeons is so extreme. For example, in some dungeons, the puzzles are so bright that I have to turn brightness all the way down until the rest of the room is in complete darkness, and even then, I can't make out which tiles are straight, bends, or Ts.
You may be having an issue with Bloom. Have a look at that slider, as well as Overbright Bloom Filter tickbox.

Zaszgul

Sorry, didn't understand any of that. I don't know what Bloom, or Overbright Bloom Filter is.
If you want to learn more about it conceptually, you can search Google or wikipedia.

If you want to find out if it'll solve your specific issue, look under Advanced Graphics Options and try playing with those two settings next time it's relevant.

Grimstad

If you want to learn more about it conceptually, you can search Google or wikipedia.

If you want to find out if it'll solve your specific issue, look under Advanced Graphics Options and try playing with those two settings next time it's relevant.
The Bloom settings helped, but checking the Multi-pass Lighting box solved the problem. Thanks for the tip.

if u use Nvidia card, ur bar are locks becouse u use reference mode colour, try uncheck in Nvidia control panel->Display->Adjust desktop colour settings-> 2. Colour accuracy mode -> and uncheck there "Override to reference mode"

TedSandyman

Sorry if this has been mentioned. I haven't completely read all of the above posts.

My preferences.ini has this:

[Render]
AllowGammaChanges=True

I changed AllowGammaChanges to false and started the game.
All of the buttons would act like I could move them but would rubber band back to 1.0 for all three of those controls.