VIP Perk Suggestions

Reaped and Ravaged

VIP should be friendlier to new players. It should include access to appropriate level long term buffs like Expeditious Retreat, Deathward, and Greater Heroism. This stuff is very confusing to new people and having a Vip only buffer would be friendly to them. It would help them deal with the learning curve issues with this game and be very easy to implement. It would not make the game too easy for people and it doesn't matter that these spells are available as clickies on equipment from 2006, it 's 2023 for crying out loud. New people=new customers for expansions and the like.

Dendrix Deathblade

Add a "Clicky Hotbar" only usable by VIP's.

Put an item like a Planar Gird in that slot. When you Select the item in it, it will equip that item, click it, then unequip the item restoring whatever was there before.

Now that would be a great benefit. 10 slots of that for my buffing convenience

seph1roth5

Add a "Clicky Hotbar" only usable by VIP's.

Put an item like a Planar Gird in that slot. When you Select the item in it, it will equip that item, click it, then unequip the item restoring whatever was there before.

Now that would be a great benefit. 10 slots of that for my buffing convenience
That's interesting, but not sure it's something they can code into the game. Maybe a few additional equipment slots that can take any clicky? Or just able to use stuff like that without actually equipping them? Other than non-robe armors, 99% of clickies just add in a bunch of extra time and cooldowns that help nothing and probably just contribute to lag with extra meaningless calculations.

They could still leave a few of the unique ones like the frozen barrier and uh....might be a few others. But let the others just be usable items with a CD. Would be nice if it weren't just tied to VIP though...

Dendrix Deathblade

That's interesting, but not sure it's something they can code into the game.

I don't think it's that difficult.
When you drop an item into the "Clicky Hotbar" the UI checks that you are eligible to equip the item, if so it puts it into the hot bar as a clickable item
When you click an item in the "Clicky Hotbar", the UI checks that you are eligible to equip the item and then simply activates it, as if you were wearing it. No need to go through the swap item and back again. then put everything in the "Clicky Hotbar" on a 1 second cooldown.

It does mean that light/medium/heavy armour clickables are much easier/quicker than before, but so what? robes/docents have no equip time.
All those times you used a wand and then wasted a charge trying to attack with it are gone. All those times that lag means you click the item 4 times before it actually equips are gone and then forget or lag out of re-equipping the mornal item are gone.

seph1roth5

So the card rewards in legendary sagas are currently only guaranteed to be around during festivault. Most people thought the release notes were just confuzzling and that that would be a permanent feature. It doesn't sound like that huge a bonus, as people who want cards will mainly farm the crap out of the quests. Most people were meh about the saga rewards, more of a bonus for people that don't have powerful people at cap all the time.

So I think having them as saga rewards, even if it was much less (~50 on elite?), would be a good VIP perk. Again, it'd be something very QoL that's just what I think VIP needs. Kind of like elite opening. Anyone CAN do it by running normal/hard first, but with VIP it speeds it up considerably.

tsotate

Hopefully, devs paid some attention to threads like this for the changes the producer's letter says are coming to VIP this year.

seph1roth5

I really wish they had done some polls or a thread or something. To ask what people WANTED from VIP. Because I can guarantee you hirelings and ammunition were never going to be on that list (other than maybe some sort of super wide quiver of holding).

It doesn't really take that much to get feedback at the start instead of the current system of, do all the work and put it out there and if there's universal hate/outrage (xp recalculations, 12-month scaling vip, etc.), scale back. Still hoping whoever's in charge of the new system will have at least looked at the big list here and got an idea or 2.

The 12-month changing plan, which I don't like at all, would at least be an okay system if you got all the rewards up front if you paid for the year. I mean, they're still getting the $$ either way, why make us wait 12 months for the big sparkly cosmetic at the end?

somenewnoob

I really wish they had done some polls or a thread or something. To ask what people WANTED from VIP. Because I can guarantee you hirelings and ammunition were never going to be on that list (other than maybe some sort of super wide quiver of holding).

It doesn't really take that much to get feedback at the start instead of the current system of, do all the work and put it out there and if there's universal hate/outrage (xp recalculations, 12-month scaling vip, etc.), scale back. Still hoping whoever's in charge of the new system will have at least looked at the big list here and got an idea or 2.

The 12-month changing plan, which I don't like at all, would at least be an okay system if you got all the rewards up front if you paid for the year. I mean, they're still getting the $$ either way, why make us wait 12 months for the big sparkly cosmetic at the end?

I said in another thread, if they would just LISTEN TO THE PLAYERS........we will do half of their job for them on this.

Uska

Founder
The daily rewards don't have to be fancy or high valued, but needs to be more valuable the more days consecutive we log.
Starting small and have milestones per month, exemple:

Day 1 through 6 - Exp stones 100, 200, 300, 400, 500, 600 + Collectable Box Crates I -> II -> III -> IV -> V -> VI
Day 7 (a nice reward) - Exp stone 700 + BTC random Skill Tome +1
Day 8 through 13 - Exp stones 800, 900, 1000 x4 + random Crafting material, low cost/older cosmetic just to use as cruch to glammering powder
Day 14 (another nice reward - Exp stone 2000 + BTC random Skill/Stat Tome + 2
Day 15 - 20 - Exp stone 2000 x6 + usable quest itens (Exp potions, Guild Renow, Slayer pots, rare stats potions)
Day 21 (even nicer reward) - Exp stone 3000 + BTC random moderate valued anything with 1% to +x Lesser Heart of the Wood (Like rolling a 100 in daily dice)
Day 22 through 29 - Exp stone 3000 x8 + BTC random high valued anything with 1% to +x Lesser Heart of the Wood (Like rolling a 100 in daily dice)
Day 30 (a big reward) - Exp stone 10000 + BTC random very high valued reward that can't be earned throw gameplay alone

If one day is lost, start from 1 again, not a continuous, you can't reach 30 if lose one day.
Too much maybe by the week

Uska

Founder
The daily rewards don't have to be fancy or high valued, but needs to be more valuable the more days consecutive we log.
Starting small and have milestones per month, exemple:

Day 1 through 6 - Exp stones 100, 200, 300, 400, 500, 600 + Collectable Box Crates I -> II -> III -> IV -> V -> VI
Day 7 (a nice reward) - Exp stone 700 + BTC random Skill Tome +1
Day 8 through 13 - Exp stones 800, 900, 1000 x4 + random Crafting material, low cost/older cosmetic just to use as cruch to glammering powder
Day 14 (another nice reward - Exp stone 2000 + BTC random Skill/Stat Tome + 2
Day 15 - 20 - Exp stone 2000 x6 + usable quest itens (Exp potions, Guild Renow, Slayer pots, rare stats potions)
Day 21 (even nicer reward) - Exp stone 3000 + BTC random moderate valued anything with 1% to +x Lesser Heart of the Wood (Like rolling a 100 in daily dice)
Day 22 through 29 - Exp stone 3000 x8 + BTC random high valued anything with 1% to +x Lesser Heart of the Wood (Like rolling a 100 in daily dice)
Day 30 (a big reward) - Exp stone 10000 + BTC random very high valued reward that can't be earned throw gameplay alone

If one day is lost, start from 1 again, not a continuous, you can't reach 30 if lose one day.
Too much maybe by the week

Mordenkainen

Please SSG, no more nerfs. Thank you!
Honestly. I would pay like mad to teleport directly to the quest entrance. I think once you get there once on a character you should be able to teleport there again. It's so damn annoying to run through cogs to get to a quest... it feels like a chore.

Zvdegor

Melee Artificer Freak
***Unlimited Feat Swaps***
- Siberys shards aren't difficult to get, and most people don't need to change feats that often. Also, the 3 day timer is a hassle. Why not let VIPs just be able to swap feats without the timer? Or have it cost a siberys shard but then give them an hour to fiddle with feats. The whole feat reset system is outdated and clunky.
This should be In the juicy category. I am just in a situation where I wanted to experiment with 2 feat swaps. Waiting 3 days is ridiculous. I second that VIP members shouldn't be restricted at all in feat swaps. Also some feats has prerequisites and it is impossible to swap 2-3 feats at once without a lesser TR. It is annoying to reorganise all your hotbars with items/active skill sand enhancememts/feats/toggles/clickies/etc just because 1 or 2 feats needed to be changed. Maybe it is something players wont do every day but when it is needed, you can make mistakes, and it would be nice to let us correct those mistakes/changes immediateley without waiting 3 days.

Tanis

Honestly. I would pay like mad to teleport directly to the quest entrance. I think once you get there once on a character you should be able to teleport there again. It's so damn annoying to run through cogs to get to a quest... it feels like a chore.
If it persists through TR it’s useful if it resets then it’s not as great

Malruk

I really like these suggestions. Especially the ones that improve newbie friendliness. I get lost in wildernesses all the time and who can be bothered to do long reflag for raids every life. Honestly even the abbot system is enough. Let's you skip most the work and can reflag in an hour. I did sign up for VIP but have found the benefits lacking and plan to cancel if a revamp isn't announced soon.

dur

aka Cybersquirt
Make Elieri pak available (again) for 9.99 USD.

Hilarious about new-player friendly, SSG only cares about paying players, and then, just barely.

n DnD is lore heavy.

mbartol

Murder Hobo
Make Elieri pak available (again) for 9.99 USD.

Hilarious about new-player friendly, SSG only cares about paying players, and then, just barely.

n DnD is lore heavy.
The Starter Pack is another item people have been asking for. Newer players never had the opportunity to purchase Elieri. Same with older expansions.
Why don’t SSG want players’ money? Just re-package it with something else that hasn’t been made FTP.

seph1roth5

Well I don't know that offering a $10 pack would be a VIP perk exactly lol, what about a VIP gold seal hireling? Doesn't have to be awesome or anything, but like our own unseen servant?