VIP perks suggestion: Separate VIP only server(s) with max capacity of 250 accounts

pame12

Let us have a minimal lag-free environment until you decide how to fix or make the game lag-free. Playing step-by-step in Orien on weekend/long holidays/events is getting frustrating.
If you're serious about this, the best option right now would be to join the fight against killing games after their shutdown:

And then once that's successful, maybe SSG will be forced to release the source code when game is going to be shutdown, once that happens, you can just run your own version of DDO and do whatever you like with it.

The other option that might be still feasable is to wait for these new AIs to become good enough to just feed the assembly code of DDO into it, and then reverse engineer the game for you "crack" it and just play it single player. No clue when that's happening, and it might be easier to just make your own version from scratch using AI instead of reverse engineering it...

dur

aka Cybersquirt
This is an awesomely terrible idea! Why don't we have a thumbs down option in the "like" section? 👎
Yes n I've wondered about 👎 too.. then I realized it'd be just another "reaction" and increase, er, rep? :p

Indeed, segmenting the population further is not my idea of good.

Define lag? Lurches or 10's of seconds? I haven't seen any 'significant' lag on Sarlona..

**Significant lag, to me is dying the second we're 'rolling' again.. that hasn't happened in quite a while.

Last edited:

Smokewolf

Let us have a minimal lag-free environment until you decide how to fix or make the game lag-free. Playing step-by-step in Orien on weekend/long holidays/events is getting frustrating.
Sorry, but no. Servers are already fragmented badly, with people mostly playing during peak times, leaving the rest of the day mostly empty.

Ying

5000+ hours played
Premium servers are something that DDO is missing. It's ridiculous that all existing DDO servers run the same ruleset outside of the hardcore season. OP has the right idea with requiring a monthly sub, but not a fan of the account limit. The ruleset for a premium server needs to be different: All items can be sold on the ASAH, increased buddy XP bonus of 5% per person so it's something that actually promotes grouping, increased drop rate chance of named items, increased treasure loot bonus for mythic/reaper bonuses -- the list of possibilities is large.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Why not just transfer to Wayfinder?
Wayfinder lags too; it's been commented about before. There's probably so few people there that they just don't have as many people that also are on the forums/discord to complain as loud as other servers. So I'd assume the OP's dream server still would still crush their hopes and dreams by lagging out.