VIP program is going to literally cost SSG money - not a whiny quit post

Owlbear

As a Premium player that only gets VIP a few months a year (for like Hardcore) the main reason this whole Loyalty Program sucks is I know I will be months/years behind others when they add cool cosmetics or mounts in the future. I will never get VIP for cosmetics that I want but have to wait over a year or years for them to unlock. Forcing people to complete 12.. 18... 33 months for cosmetics they add in the future is just stupid.

erethizon1

As a Premium player that only gets VIP a few months a year (for like Hardcore) the main reason this whole Loyalty Program sucks is I know I will be months/years behind others when they add cool cosmetics or mounts in the future. I will never get VIP for cosmetics that I want but have to wait over a year or years for them to unlock. Forcing people to complete 12.. 18... 33 months for cosmetics they add in the future is just stupid.
It's really the entire point of the addition. To get people to stop unsubscribing. You are the exact target market. The goal is to get you to just pay for the yearly subscription and get out of the habit of unsubscribing every time hardcore stops.

Owlbear

It's really the entire point of the addition. To get people to stop unsubscribing. You are the exact target market. The goal is to get you to just pay for the yearly subscription and get out of the habit of unsubscribing every time hardcore stops.
It's doing the opposite though.. not subbing anymore at all. It scares people away with the prospect of never getting the reward unless they pay for years. So why even bother starting? There should be a lot more focus on convenience stuff. Like the opening quests on every difficulty, character slots, bank space and the xp bonus stuff. That's stuff you don't want to lose when you're VIP. Thats a reason you don't want to stop. I don't care about rewards I might get or not in a year or two.

Last edited:

Dude

If you pay for 6 months of sub you should get all six months of reward, whether you logged in or not. Period. Not 3 months worth, or 4, or 5. All 6. The loyalty is paying for VIP not logging in and clicking an NPC once a month.
Welcome to the way Daybreak does rewards.

DDO Gaming

It's doing the opposite though.. not subbing anymore at all. It scares people away with the prospect of never getting the reward unless they pay for years.
Is this like...devil's advocate blah blah? I don't recall anyone saying "I won't resub so I don't miss any WEEKLY goldrolls...on each of the servers I play on"

Owlbear

Is this like...devil's advocate blah blah? I don't recall anyone saying "I won't resub so I don't miss any WEEKLY goldrolls...on each of the servers I play on"
Because if you sub next year you get the exact same gold roll again right away. There are always more gold rolls. You don't have to wait several months or years to finally claim the reward you want after paying your sub. A new player who starts his VIP program next year has to rerun all the monthy rewards of this year until they finally get to the ones they release next year. And they might not even like these rewards. It's just a ridiculous system. At least with gold rolls you know it's random stuff.

Last edited:

Shear-buckler

Because if you sub next year you get the exact same gold roll again right away. There are always more gold rolls. You don't have to wait several months or years to finally claim the reward you want after paying your sub. A new player who starts his VIP program next year has to rerun all the monthy rewards of this year until they finally get to the ones they release next year. And they might not even like these rewards. It's just a ridiculous system. At least with gold rolls you know it's random stuff.

It is indeed a ridiculous system and a really bad idea to make it impossible to catch up on the track. Still though, the idea that you are better off to drop the sub to not miss out on a reward makes no sense.

Owlbear

It is indeed a ridiculous system and a really bad idea to make it impossible to catch up on the track. Still though, the idea that you are better off to drop the sub to not miss out on a reward makes no sense.
It does for me. I don't want the stress of keeping track on which month I am, calculating when I get certain rewards in the future and when I have to claim the stuff that I want. Or having the fomo of keeping the sub active while I don't even play. Better to just not start worrying about it at all and continue as Premium player. I will never sub for a full year anyway because I play other games too. The Loyalty program should make it fun to sub not make it feel like work.

Shear-buckler

It does for me. I don't want the stress of keeping track on which month I am, calculating when I get certain rewards in the future and when I have to claim the stuff that I want. Or having the fomo of keeping the sub active while I don't even play. Better to just not start worrying about it at all and continue as Premium player. I will never sub for a full year anyway because I play other games too. The Loyalty program should make it fun to sub not make it feel like work.
I don't think you get how the system works. If you want the month 5 reward you log in once for 5 months. Those months does not have to be consecutive. VIP does not have to be active in the months you don't log on.

Owlbear

I don't think you get how the system works. If you want the month 5 reward you log in once for 5 months. Those months does not have to be consecutive. VIP does not have to be active in the months you don't log on.
I know perfeclty well how it works. My point is, I or a new player might like the reward for month 24 when it's announced next year. And I'll need to wait years for it to unlock if I don't sub from the start. So why even bother starting. I don't even know if I still play after a year.

Last edited:

Shear-buckler

I know perfeclty well how it works. My point is, I or a new player might like the reward for month 24 when it's announced next year. And I'll need to wait years for it to unlock if I don't sub from the start.
That does not in any way explain why you are better off to drop your sub with the new system. Sub as you normally would and get the rewards you are eligable for. No stress, no anxiety, no reason to unsub for a fear of losing a reward.

Genkiba

ez33o6m6enz71.jpg

Owlbear

That does not in any way explain why you are better off to drop your sub with the new system. Sub as you normally would and get the rewards you are eligable for. No stress, no anxiety, no reason to unsub for a fear of losing a reward.
Because you'll want the rewards that come months or years later in the calendar eventually. By just not participating at all I prevent myself from getting the stress and work stuff I will get later from falling behind schedule. I've already explained this. It's the opposite of what they want. In stead of getting a sub a few months per year I am not getting any at all because I don't want to start any of this fomo Battlepass trap.

Last edited:

Shear-buckler

Because you'll want the rewards that come months or years later in the calendar eventually. By just not participating at all I prevent myself from getting the stress and work stuff I will get later from falling behind schedule. I've already explained this. It's the opposite of what they want. In stead of getting a sub a few months per year I am not getting any at all because I don't want to start any of this fomo Battlepass trap.
Well I don't think they should cater to people anxieties at that level.