Visanti tree

Geezer

Fan of knives in Visanti says that its damage scales with ranged power. The weapon versatility enhancement in that tree says that your dagger and throwing dagger and kukri can now scale with either ranged or melee power if you take the enhancement. Does that mean that you can use melee power with fan of knives too?? Thanks in advance for all replies.

Socratesbastardson

Dionysian Enigma
That's my understanding. I haven't tested it, but there was a build by Tilomere on the old forum that used that enhancement to good effect, iirc.

Coffey

I like how Visanti FoK uses AF stacks as well and when you swap to melee weapons they benefit too while the stacks last.

Last edited:

unbongwah

I like how Visanti FoK uses AF stacks as well and when you swap to melee weapons they benefit too while the stacks last.
It's too bad Improved Archer's Focus isn't in the Vistani tree but I guess someone decided that would be too useful. :p

Lotoc

don't quote me on this as I'm not quite sure but I believe when Weapon Versatility was changed from just always on to requiring attacks with daggers/throwing knives (and now kukris) it actually required physical attacks to apply and fan of knives is treated as a spell so that change may have broken the synergy between the two enhancements.

Coffey

It's too bad Improved Archer's Focus isn't in the Vistani tree but I guess someone decided that would be too useful. :p
Great point LOL! I mean what is a thrower without 6 Ranger am i right? Probably not.

And dont leave brutal throwers out. I think they need IAF in tier 5 DL too along with a feat attachment to Brutal Throw for doubleshot bonus.

👌👀🪃

Coffey

don't quote me on this as I'm not quite sure but I believe when Weapon Versatility was changed from just always on to requiring attacks with daggers/throwing knives (and now kukris) it actually required physical attacks to apply and fan of knives is treated as a spell so that change may have broken the synergy between the two enhancements.
Youre right higher Melee Power is not working with Fan of Knives at the moment. I have never used it with melee power before. Ranged power is working though.