Vistani

Col Kurtz

Vistani capstone is being preached as the 'only viable melee option right now in some other discussions.

Melee builders please elaborate. I do see some juicy things in this tree (now that I actually looked at it)
-immune to fear
-immune to energy drain
+5% dblstrike

+25% competence to hit points
(to name a few)

And then the thing is some bug that allows the dagger abilities to be used with any weapon. Is that all of those in each tier or just the t5 one?

Seems like fighter and pali trees are partially ignored and players are mulit-classing to get 'useful' trees to slap their AP's in>like Vistani.

unbongwah

You're missing the key one: +5% attack speed and +20 Melee Power in the capstone applies to any melee weapon / combat style. Also the meta approach is to splash warlock for ES Aura to proc Arcane Warrior; which means you lose your primary class's capstone. So you do e.g. barbarian 18 / warlock 1 / cleric 1 and spend 41 Vistani (capstone) / 37 Frenzied Berserker (Death Frenzy + tier-5s) / 2 Warpriest (Divine Might) / 1 Enlightened Spirit.

Col Kurtz

You're missing the key one: +5% attack speed and +20 Melee Power in the capstone applies to any melee weapon / combat style. Also the meta approach is to splash warlock for ES Aura to proc Arcane Warrior; which means you lose your primary class's capstone. So you do e.g. barbarian 18 / warlock 1 / cleric 1 and spend 41 Vistani (capstone) / 37 Frenzied Berserker (Death Frenzy + tier-5s) / 2 Warpriest (Divine Might) / 1 Enlightened Spirit.
yup . this was the one that got my attention in another thread... but that thread is bickering to much back n forth ...better to ask in a fresh venue;) THX!