VON 5/6 shared quest BUG, Thread.

Bug Report Number:
I decided to re-post this thread on the new forums because the old one is down, and the bug for von 5/6 is really annoying.

WHEN someone shares the quest (raid) VON 5/6 the door bugs and you can not enter the raid. I have no idea how to fix it and I have tried the following

re-setting my game.
Logging into a new character
./death

Abandoning the quest and re talking to the quest giver. I get the message: (Error): You can't reset The Vault of Night here. To use your raid reset timer speak with the quest giver. (this actually is happening to ALL my quests now and not just VON 5/6 idk why)

This thread is for any suggestions and future fixes for the bug. As I know it is a known issue and we have no access to the old thread, that I could find. Thanks

J1NG

I can do things others can't...
Some testing done, no luck in replication just yet at the moment.

Tried sharing Raid before picking up 1, 2, 3, and 4 (on new toon). Does not break 5/6 (on new toon first time flagging).
Tried sharing Raid after each completion (1, 2, 3 and 4). Does not break 5/6.
Tried sharing Raid after handing all quests in but before finishing talking to Marek. Permittable, but does not break 5/6.

So if there's a break in the order of dialogue like with the IoD chain giver, it's not from sharing to a first timer it seems.

If anyone has any further info from their experience, can you please share them? I won't need exact specifics, but anything can help eliminate false checks so I can move on to more likely causes quicker. Did you experience this after completing the Raid and getting a Share after timer was up? Did you experience this on first chain completion?

J1NG

LeoLionxxx

Lion of Orien
Abandoning the quest and re talking to the quest giver. I get the message: (Error): You can't reset The Vault of Night here.
When I had this issue a few months back I did something like this to resolve the issue. Maybe I abandoned the whole quest line and then talked to the chain giver again?

I think reproductions steps were:
  1. Complete VON 5/6 and go on timer
  2. Come off timer naturally
  3. Accept a share of the quest

J1NG

I can do things others can't...
Can confirm replication process as @LeoLionxxx states.

Can not fully confirm about order to abandon the Raid, but it was possible for me to do so (abandon Raid) after relogging and abandoning each quest after picking them up again from a completed state to an active/"to do" state (and abdoning them as well).

J1NG

:: edit ::

Tested on second toon. You can (apparently) directly abandon the quest. However, in case you can't abandon it, do as suggested and hand in and repick up the quest for 1 to 4. Then attempt to abandon at that point.

Interestingly, it looks like when the Raid is shared, you ONLY get Chapter 1 granted to you. This is why you can't enter, as the Quest Journal still thinks you're on part 1. When you pick it up fresh, it goes straight to Chapter 5. So this is a Quest Journal progression issue when shared that's causing the issue it would appear.

So until it's fixed (unsure on how easy, but I believe it's a fairly easy fix, since something in game already changes your quest journal state to Chapter 5 for the Raid itself), always refuse a share of the quest when you have completed once before. And if you do get stuck, hand in, re-pick up each quest and then try abandon the Raid and talk to Barrow to get THEIR quest progression that puts you onto Part 5 of the chain (Raid).

Last edited:

Mand O'Lin

Singer of Songs Drinker of Drinks
There is a similar bug with Threnal. I have informed support of the issue multiple times and the answer is as useless as you would expect.

"Thank you for reaching out to us regarding this issue. I have gone ahead and notified our team of this reoccurring error so that they may investigate it in detail. Unfortunately, there is no CS based solution at this time."

In other words... Nothing.

TrinityTurtle

Just FYI, this can also trigger from accepting shares on the flagging quests. I've gotten it 2 outta the three times I've had it form not thinking when the share box poppued and accepting a quest instead of running to the quest giver. I have no pertinant info on how it happens, I've only had the vons but three times in 14 years. But the two times I definatlely did not get a 5/6 share, as I wans't even fully flagged yet, and only tr fixed it.

Mand O'Lin

Singer of Songs Drinker of Drinks
Just FYI, this can also trigger from accepting shares on the flagging quests. I've gotten it 2 outta the three times I've had it form not thinking when the share box poppued and accepting a quest instead of running to the quest giver. I have no pertinant info on how it happens, I've only had the vons but three times in 14 years. But the two times I definatlely did not get a 5/6 share, as I wans't even fully flagged yet, and only tr fixed it.
Unfortunately the Threnal bug is on a first life toon I use as a favor mule (currently sitting at 7531). I have zero intention on ever TRing this particular character. I was finally able to finish my Threnal favor by red-boxing the last two quests (for an additional 8 favor I believe).

It is particularly sad that these types of bugs exist as they have been reported for (perhaps as much as) a decade... sad, but not really surprising.