• No, do not nerf melee.

Votes: 30 73.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mordenkainen

Please SSG, no more nerfs. Thank you!
Melees are a tad too strong especially for the amount of time investment involved. See the video below; notice how the melee doesn't even get hit ..again, not even hit even once!

We should nerf all evasive and black mechanics in the game and increase ranged and caster attack damage and attack speed.

In all cases, Melees need to be tuned down a tad.

Dom

Melees are a tad too strong especially for the amount of time investment involved. See the video below; notice how the melee doesn't even get hit ..again, not even hit even once!

We should nerf all evasive and black mechanics in the game and increase ranged and caster attack damage and attack speed.

Instead of making a statement that is only true at face value, why don’t you look at what’s actually going on? Yes, good observation that there were SOME times I didn’t get hit. Behold… hood of unrest, improved uncanny dodge, and … wait for it … CROWD CONTROL 😱

Dom

OMG he hid behind a tree to avoid being hit and then moved to attack. How dare he use tactics and real world techniques in a game.
Went behind the tree to avoid an attack I would’ve spell absorbed anyways 😅

Jack Jarvis Esquire

Erm. He did get hit. That's not to decry what is a very nice run and build, but he did get hit. 👍

I don't think melees need a buff or nerf in general (though heavy armour users could use some love), but I still maintain that full backwards movement rate (particularly whilst dealing damage) is an absolute joke in this game. Looks stupid too, because it is. 😁

The Devs should look at that if they want to add challenge. 👍

Last edited:

DDObot

Guys. My fellow gentlemen. Especially, those pro-caster melee haters. Instead of sniping and telling the otherside ,"git gud noob."

Post a pure melee doing R10 Grim & Barret solo.

It's old content and relatively easier but it'll shutdown the melee whine real quick.

OK. And please take what I'm about to say with the upmost politeness. But... as they say in baseball, scoreboard.

All the solo R10's are by one caster variation or another show me a monk doing Grim & Barret or similar low/medium difficulty quest completely solo. A fighter perhaps? Even Barb.

Simple answer is: You can't.

Less talky and more vidy please. :)

And the reason why R10 vids are important is because it shows the absolute most maximum performance of a playstyle/class. It's like red-lining your car; you would never do it constantly but if you want to see what your car is "really made of"...

Guntango

Erm. He did get hit. That's not to decry what is a very nice run and build, but he did get hit. 👍

I don't think melees need a buff or nerf in general (though heavy armour users could use some love), but I still maintain that full backwards movement rate (particularly whilst dealing damage) is an absolute joke in this game. Looks stupid too, because it is. 😁

The Devs should look at that if they want to add challenge. 👍
How would an adjustment to backward movement have added challenge to Dom’s run? He only moved forward.

Mordenkainen

Please SSG, no more nerfs. Thank you!
Stamina bars

mando-way-this-is-the-way.gif

The big question is, is there something in D&D mechanics that sets a precedence for stamina bars?

Wender

Meh, that video is about a melee hybrid, with warlock and fvs splash. So all classes should be nerfed. And automatic ban of all players who figure out the game mechanics too well and solo r10, regardless of melee of casters. We only want mediocre people in DDO, those players should go play chess.

Rub-A-Dub-Dub

increase ranged and caster attack damage and attack speed
Facts. It's just how reality works.
Melees in this game are just bads who suck at street fighter and tekken. I have an entire guild of them. They have been gifted way too much fantasy by the devs while always crying about ranged on a daily basis.

We only ever even got a chance to flourish and live as a species when one smart human (like me) found a rock and convinced 19 other lesser gifted individuals ( the melees) to also pick up a rock and throw it at 12 foot, one thousand pound, man-eating jungle cats. The stupid humans with melee weapons were dying left and right because they're stupid, until my ancestor came along and gave them the gift of the throwing weapon.

Take Sparta for instance, considered by many the greatest heavy infantry units of all time. You know how and why they lost? They couldn't adapt to the ever increasing firepower and strategy of ranged weapons like the siege and bow. Imagine attacking castles and forts without a siege. That is what the dumb melees were doing. Athens started using ranged and then wiped the floor with them eventually because melees are stupid.

The hundred years war? English longbow into a stupid cavalry charge eliminated entire platoons of dumb melees. It was so effective that France started doing it and won the war.

The samurais? LOL. A line of muskets wiped out their stupid melee charge and changed Japan forever.

Starting at World War 2 we had mounted machine guns firing 50 caliber ammunition at hundreds of rounds per minute. No one ever melee'd again because you would have to be stupid.

Fast forward to today and we have guns firing six thousand rounds per minute of caliber almost 3 times the size of a 50 caliber. What is an axe going to do against that? Go ahead and dual wield yourself into swiss cheese fighting against ranged with your two weapon fighting BS.

We're working on lasers now by the way. Melee players in shambles.

Now devs go and introduce machine guns in ddo so we can rid ourselves of the last few wish-i-were-good-at-street-fighter players crying about how ranged shouldn't do more damage than melees.

The fact that the highest dps build in this game is cat using its fingernails is a travesty. Gary Gyxax rolling in his grave right now. Casters are a whole other thing. They're casting meteors and comets from orbit. Earthquakes and tsunamis. Natural disasters should deal way way more damage than a few dozen dice.

Last edited:

NightHiker

Just did it on my poor Stormsinger as well, as a matter of comparison, since it had been a while since I last tried to solo it on r10. Managed to finish it in 16 minutes with no deaths, but I got a doom on the second fight and a couple more venges and despairs than he did, so I was a bit unluckier on the rng than him. If you count out the hireling summoning and buffing time the actual questing time was pretty close to his, at around 14 minutes, even with the caster nerf, while also barely getting hit (maybe two or three times, I think). And I'm also certainly not as good a player as Dom is, so that run is not really that huge of an accomplishment on the melee side as far as the melee X caster conversation goes.

Didn't record this one but got screenshots, though I haven't figured out yet how to post them here. Which image hosting service you guys use generally?

Cheers,
NH

Status
Not open for further replies.