Wererat Rogue Hireling

Wizard

I was comparing Barbarian hire vs. Barbarian player.

Yeah 2-Handed Builds are very strong at low level some builds have horrible damage at low level (most casters, warlocks; probably ranged too, repeating crossbow is great though)

Bjond

Here's a tip for making hirelings live and get kills in epic, though it works best for casters: primal shared mantle and natural shielding. With those active, hires live and pretty much get about 3 kills every 5s (they get their own CDs for the mantle procs and each proc = one kill). It works amazingly well in HC (EE and R1). Past R1, there's really nothing you can do to keep them alive.

NightHiker

... Past R1, there's really nothing you can do to keep them alive.
Not sure about that. At least if you're a bard, like my main, with all the shout heals as part of the rotation, you can keep them alive for the most part up to r8. They do die from time to time, mostly on the harder melee bosses, but so do even reaper 10 ready players. I'm sure there are some other builds that could use them for effectively soloing on high reapers too if need be.

Cheers,
NH

Dragnilar

Dragonborn of Bahamut
Here's a tip for making hirelings live and get kills in epic, though it works best for casters: primal shared mantle and natural shielding. With those active, hires live and pretty much get about 3 kills every 5s (they get their own CDs for the mantle procs and each proc = one kill). It works amazingly well in HC (EE and R1). Past R1, there's really nothing you can do to keep them alive.
I've been able to squeeze them through R2-R3 using that approach, fwiw.

Ying

5000+ hours played
I ran Epic VON3 on R1 with ML18 Darling. Even with 3 druid past lives, I couldn't find any traps. Disappointing.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
I ran Epic VON3 on R1 with ML18 Darling. Even with 3 druid past lives, I couldn't find any traps. Disappointing.
With 0 druid past lives but with GH & bard songs I could find and disable in there and Von4. It's a bit sad that it takes all that to make a lvl 18 hire viable in a quest just a few levels above them.

florela41

your pet senses traps . if its an issue try that. most players kmow where the traps are located in that quest. also you could use potions for protection with augments until you learn them.

JustHavingFunBro

Mine stay alive fine up to r4. The problem is the hirelings BAB sucks and they rarely score a hit. I mean its still a big help if there are no groups up and you're not as good as these forum warriors soloing R200s.

JustHavingFunBro

When was this? I am almost positive I've used heroic Darling to get those traps. Maybe I am misremembering. But maybe like the other poster said I put GH on him and didnt think about it. I also usually run with augment summoningg and sometimes greater augment because I wish hirelings and pets didnt suck. Regardless, I do know he can get high DC open locks now. I used him on Friday to open the Kitchen door in es2 with no buffs on him.

adamkatt

sure you can... park them hires and call when needed... :) none of them were built for reaper...