Wererat Rogue Hireling

G.W.

Is the new Wererat Rogue hireling good enough at dealing with traps and secret doors?
Can he deal with traps at all levels, or does he become useless at higher difficulties?
Are boosts (eg Druid past life, or greater heroism) required for him to do traps?

Jeronimo

I tried the lvl 18 hireling on level 16 content on elite. He had +6 skill bonus via buffs. He blew up about 40% of the trap boxes. So... very bad as a reliable trapper.

I noticed that the 60.1 patch release notes said that his skills were going to be improved... we'll see.

Terpilar

She makes adorable little sniffing sounds, which are also the telltale audio warning of nearby rats, so I was a little nervous at times with her around in some rat-heavy dungeons.

All the croaking, screeching, and now sniffing...:eek:

Spoon of Khyber

The devs have no idea how to make an effective hireling for ANY role. Rogues are absolutely the worse class for hires by far. Why do ANY hireling rogues have DPS boosts and no skill boosts? The Devs actually think you are buying them in the store as a DPS helper. It hard to believe they have any "you know whats" to give about these issues... I will admit the level 3 rogue Froggo isn't a bad trapper, if you are willing to wait for him to catch up, or bring him up, wait 5 secs, bring him up wait 5 seconds, bring him up wait 5 seconds......

Terpilar

A little live update, with a +11 buff, Darling manages to (adorably) sniff out and then disarm the traps in reaper for the early parts of the Catacombs chain (effective level 25), while she absolutely didn't pre Hotfix.

Last edited:

C1p3

A little live update, with a +11 buff, Darling manages to (adorably) sniff out and then disarm the traps in reaper for the early parts of the Catacombs chain (effective level 25), while she absolutely didn't pre Hotfix.
What do you use to buff? Thanks in advance :)

Jeronimo

He's quite good at picking locks now.... he managed to unlock the top door for me in House of Death Undone with a +6 buff. :D This was on R1... not too shabby for a lvl 18 hireling in a lvl 24 quest.

Bjond

The HP on the L18 rogue trapper is absurdly low, too. If you don't park it in a safe spot and summon it ONLY when you need to trap, it will simply be one-shot killed by almost anything. When I was testing it for combat alongside other pack hires, the L7 Dino often lived longer.

Wizard

The HP on the L18 rogue trapper is absurdly low, too. If you don't park it in a safe spot and summon it ONLY when you need to trap, it will simply be one-shot killed by almost anything. When I was testing it for combat alongside other pack hires, the L7 Dino often lived longer.
The defenses of almost all hirelings above lvl ~3 are way too low. and their offenses too, so almost only trapper and healer are worth using.

Byron and Frenzy are at a good level, not too squishy, deal some meaningful damage but nowhere near as good as a real player (also too slow moving and reacting and sometimes bug out), so it's not like hirelings at that powerlevel would disencourage grouping IMHO. (also can't split up to do quests quicker with hires , no xp bonus etc.)