What is broken and has not been fixed? Chronically broken.

fireball241_jt

Things are gonna break. In this complex built game there are so many I guess you can say moving parts to the software. I think we should give the Devs time to fix bugs that are reported. Why is this under General? A one stop place for the bugs and glitches that are not getting fixed and a General list of what is chronically still broken after a period of time. Now I am not sure what that time period should be, but I guess it is subjective to how important the broken thing is to the game mechanics or the character build you are running.

I really don't see much going on in the background like the hardcore players, but when a long term novice like me can notice broken Heroic Enhancements for example then something is not right with the priorities maybe of the Devs.

Endless Turning under Radiant Servant 10% max with 30% selected for Cleric has been broken for 5 months now. Since I noticed it. Has it been longer? I timed it...

I suppose the Devs might move this list to a remote part of the forum, but I hope they don't. Players have one stop guide on what is broken and does not seem to be getting fixed any time soon and adjust their play and builds for it. I know I am. And I think it is time to hold the game to a higher standard. Seems all they do now is endgame. What about the road to it for the casual player not in a rush to get there.

I hope this also gives the Devs a way to clarify if something is still working even if it does not look like it is or when it is fixed.

How many new players started only to notice enhancement tree glitch that doesn't work after their time and energy in the game and quit?

Last edited:

Fallout47

We just had a returning player loose ~ 30K sentient xp gem when he upgraded his weapon. I feel pretty bad about it, because I know of this issue, but had no idea he had plans to do the upgrade. It is his only sentient gem on his account, and it is pretty disappointing. It isn't game breaking, but it is a pretty big lose in time and effort. I realize that this issue had been discussed on the forums when it was a brand new thing, but for returning players, unless they ask a vet about every detail of the game, they are likely to fall victim to one of SSG's turds.

I am continuously reminding people to not keep raid threads in their shared crafting storage, having lost about 5k over a year ago.

It would be nice to have a compiled/concise list of all the hazards that have been introduced in the game by sloppy coding. It might help with retention. However, it won't be usable as a multi-page forum post that requires hours of reading.

axel15810

There are many but off the top of my head the two that bother me the most are -

- Failing to connect to party chat bug - This popped up a couple years ago and they never fixed it fully, still happens constantly. In game voice also needs an overhaul badly in general if it is going to continue to exist. It's in a very bad state. I would love to use in game voice but it has too many problems so I almost always use discord now. I lead raids all the time and in game voice is not usable in its current state IMO. Connect bugs, wonky volume levels, poor audio quality, etc. etc.

- Having to go to the Who tab to populate menu tables - iirc the devs many years ago made this change so the game boots faster but it's really unintuitive so no new player understands this since it is not indicated in game anywhere. It's a big problem for new players, most of who just assume the social tab is broken, and a small but constant annoyance for vet players in the know. Instructions on how to populate tables needs to be clearly indicated somewhere in game for new players or a better solution offered (can SSG just add a populate button on the social tab?) if populating by default is too heavy handed on load times.

Skoltr

- Failing to connect to party chat bug - This popped up a couple years ago and they never fixed it fully, still happens constantly. In game voice also needs an overhaul badly in general if it is going to continue to exist. It's in a very bad state. I would love to use in game voice but it has too many problems so I almost always use discord now. I lead raids all the time and in game voice is not usable in its current state IMO. Connect bugs, wonky volume levels, poor audio quality, etc. etc.

- Having to go to the Who tab to populate menu tables - iirc the devs many years ago made this change so the game boots faster but it's really unintuitive so no new player understands this since it is not indicated in game anywhere. It's a big problem for new players, most of who just assume the social tab is broken, and a small but constant annoyance for vet players in the know. Instructions on how to populate tables needs to be clearly indicated somewhere in game for new players or a better solution offered (can SSG just add a populate button on the social tab?) if populating by default is too heavy handed on load times.
The who tab to get the lfms to be correctly populated is a very old problem. I figured it out click the search on the who tab ,hit enter and the lfms populate so you can see whos posting. Its sad its still broken, but ladders still are as well. The chat bug is probably the most annoying. I have to txt my guildy to let them know my chat is broken sometimes 10+min before its back.

Arkat

Founder & Super Hero
The "Bravery Throughout" filigree (Rare versions) still are not dropping despite the fact Lynnabel told us this was fixed a couple of years ago.

Geezer

When you have a Feywild set equipped and switch out a part of the set to use a clickie, you wind up losing spellpoints, or hp (or both), and when you re-equip that piece of the set, you dont get the sp or hp back. Has been this way since Feywild came out and has never been fixed.

Vyral

• The broken collectables in quests like Graveyard Shift (in the pit near shrine) and the ones you pick up from mobs and give you nothing.
  • The broken exit doors in the Cogs (2 quests, the exit doesn't work, you need to finish out).
  • Not a bug but the super long refresh delay on the Evening star teleport key (have to exit game and log back in).
  • All the keys or quest items that go into inventory instead of a quest checkmark. If that person dies, goes AFK or LD's, we need to wait or figure out where it happened to pick up the item again.

MisterVan

• Not a bug but the super long refresh delay on the Evening star teleport key (have to exit game and log back in).
I recall the devs spoke on this one a year or two ago. They wanted the key to be a shorter cooldown, but Wizards of the Coast insisted that being able to teleport to another world/universe should not be easy or doable frequently. I got the impression they probably didn't want the Key to Eveningstar to exist at all. The 30 min timer was the best option that they would agree to.

The Narc

• The broken collectables in quests like Graveyard Shift (in the pit near shrine) and the ones you pick up from mobs and give you nothing
This is happening more and more, and the worst one was when they switched what the mobs typically drop to suddenly mobs are getting planar shards or funerary tokens. By this i mean all ogres, trolls and giants use to give only amulets (lost empire, the six, archbishop), now giving useless planar shards. How does this affect you as the player you ask, well simple, these colectibles were one of the places you could get heavy fortification augments via trade in. Now instead of getting these via trade often it is less often because you are picking up planar shards, your solution is then to buy your heavy fortification augment in the ddo store. Do you see a common theme with these broken things/nerfs in game?

Slow your progression problem, solution spend real money for solution.

Honestly none of these things would be an insult/problem if they werent implemented in the first place. Putting them in place and then pulling them back just feels so dirty!!

somenewnoob

Yeah some have mentioned collectible bags,Things like Search and Rescue have been broken since the quest was released and seems to be happening now in older quests that used to work, von flags etc.. And I know we have another post about it, but a bunch of stuff in barb ravager. The exit doors, super annoying and just so sloppy. Chat server connection. Someone mentioned the fey set hp/sp loss when swapping even if still have full set on, so dumb.

This is the kind of **** I think we'd all like to see a handful of things fixed every patch and update. Just SOME EFFORT to fix the lingering and glaring bugs that have been around FOR A LONG LONG TIME.

Mary

one of the strangest issues if I were to think like a new player are the armor appearance kit vendor npcs that are positioned in front of mirrors to look at the old appearance kit cosmetics but were phased out when the new cosmetic system was implemented.

The old npc, the mirrors, the entire thing do nothing and make no sense - I know because I used to collect the cosmetic kits and have a bunch, but to a new player it is something that would be confusing because it doesn't work. I don't understand why the npcs haven't been removed -

Many of us love mmo cosmetic systems and are collectors - ddo really needs to have hundreds more outfits and collectible wearables, and now that we have mounts -

as a point of reference - SSG's other game LOTRO - side by side lotro is amazing in this area of cosmetics, horses, pets,

Savage

Phoenicis' Wife
Gladewatch Outpost Defense - when you intimidate the captain to follow you, the chatwindow does not close like it does when you bluff or diplo her. You gotta move away with the window open for it to finally close.

seph1roth5

The who/lfm bug is especially bad because new players (who we've been getting a lot of) have NO idea what's wrong. It should really be the first hint that pops up.

Dragnilar

Dragonborn of Bahamut
- Rare versions of sanctified fervor never drop (have they ever?)

- Doing a feat respec for certain classes resets enhancement trees (Paladin - Kotc for example). It's not a big deal, but it's annoying when you have the tree set up the way you like it.

- silver flame exorcism 🤦

- window positions don't get memorized between client sessions (I. E. I always have to drag the vendor window down from the upper right hand corner every, single time I log in and talk to a vendor)

- weird glitchy behavior of the cannith crafting dissolving window (it sometimes doesnt take the item you place in the green box and I've gotten it to lock up the ui a couple times by being impatient and trying to move while it was open)

- epic wheloon 😵‍💫

Last edited:

Xanthain

I have been gone from the game for 10 years and these bugs existed back then too